Jump to content

This Week's Meaningless Topic (#31) (April 10)


Recommended Posts

Hi all. Most of us who frequent this thread know that it is important to keep our minds sharp. With that in mind, here is a mental acuity facilitator designed specifically for us old guys. Enjoy.

 

1.      Connect the dots using no more than five straight lines

                       image.png.2f306be849659bf4f033d53f56366f56.png                                               image.png.48c3850e6f05874fe675f8ff179fa897.png

2.      Supply the missing letter      

                                        OR_YX

 

3.      Find no fewer than six similarities in the illustrations below

             image.png.e1b30eff67654c6c9ad097d5f374b788.png         image.png.e1b30eff67654c6c9ad097d5f374b788.png   

 

4.      In what city would you find the Tokyo Tower (choose one)?

                          A.    Tokyo

                         B.     Kyoto

                         C.     Melbourne

 

5.      Which figure does not belong with the others below?

        A image.png.419317d6ebe0adc2015265e2076d0995.pngB image.png.419317d6ebe0adc2015265e2076d0995.png

 

         Cimage.png.06baea7991f0cb7918c2d5568f960b59.pngD image.png.db3bb9eb3f6c3e104e2c45ba91fdc65c.png   

 

[Correct responses are listed on the last line of the internet]

 

 

 

 

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK Rodger, that's not bad . But can you remember the words "person, woman, man, camera, TV"  after 10, 15, or 20 minutes have passed? And get them in the correct order? That's the real rest of mental acuity and anyone who can do it will surely amaze the doctors and then be allowed to proclaim themselves a genius.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am still looking for the last line of the internet, so I can´t tell if my suggestions might have been adequate.

But I remember that young lady from question 5, hasn´t she recently appeared in a brand new movie over Easter playing a Ukulele?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, W2DR said:

OK Rodger, that's not bad . But can you remember the words "person, woman, man, camera, TV"  after 10, 15, or 20 minutes have passed? And get them in the correct order? That's the real rest of mental acuity and anyone who can do it will surely amaze the doctors and then be allowed to proclaim themselves a genius.

Hahaha. At our annual Medicare Well-Health checkup, the doctor asks us to remember four words for fifteen minutes or so. Thing is, he uses the same words each year. I take great pride in remembering the lot for a whole year rather than just a few minutes.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Stillwater said:

I am still looking for the last line of the internet, so I can´t tell if my suggestions might have been adequate.

But I remember that young lady from question 5, hasn´t she recently appeared in a brand new movie over Easter playing a Ukulele?

Basil Wolverton's "Lena the Hyena" made her debut in the very first issues of MAD magazine. I don't know about her musical abilities.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/10/2021 at 12:48 PM, Rodger Pettichord said:

Hahaha. At our annual Medicare Well-Health checkup, the doctor asks us to remember four words for fifteen minutes or so. Thing is, he uses the same words each year. I take great pride in remembering the lot for a whole year rather than just a few minutes.

I screw that up every year. It's the only test question I've ever missed since problem number three on Miss Kernahan's second-grade math test back in 1949.:lol:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, greybeard said:

I think this topic is an insult to all us seniors who frequent the XBRO forums.:wacko:

 

Kevin

Kevin, I don't know what the XBRO forums are, but, if you are serious, I do apologize for stepping on your toes. Only tongue-in-cheek was intended. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...