This Week's Meaningless Topic (#21) (Jan 30)

Hi all. This week's topic centers on subjective aesthetics, asking a question that has sustained many a bar conversation. Lift a pint and have at it.

THIS WEEK'S MEANINGLESS TOPIC:   If you can have any make, model, and year of automobile, which one do you choose? (For me, 1965 Ford Mustang hardtop.)

Without sounding too unsentimental it would be a BMW M5 Cs 2021 - always the latest and greatest for me. Growing up we had a 1963 Ford Cortina that my dad kept going until he sold it in 1983. My brother in law is actually restoring a 1965 Ford Cortina for my sister and I must say I can’t wait to take it for a drive. It’s amazing how cars have such an intricate part of our history. Great topic Rodger.

Cheers

Graeme :)

One evening, in a Fairbanks bar, I bought a '54 Lincoln Capri (sight unseen) from an insolvent Cordova fisherman.  Next morning we met to exchange paper and I first saw it - this was the one they named the 'Mexican Lincoln' and it was a beaut.   What a ride for a 23 year old.

Another one of these. 1957 with both tops. I bought one used back in 1959. Fuel injection, 283 CI and 283 HP. I paid all of US$1850 for it. Now that car is worth well over US$100,000. And that's why I can only want one again and will never have one again...sigh.

1957-red-convertible-corvette.jpg

22 hours ago, lifejogger said:

A 1958 MGA.  

As per multiple request. Discovered in our favourite village in Crete 2 years ago - during dinner the owner revealed the story of the purchase and his plans to rebuilt it. I wonder how this one looks when we get there next time...

PGkRkgX.jpg

27 minutes ago, boetie said:

My uncle always wanted an E Type Jag but it had to be in British racing green. No other colour?
I have no idea why that colour?

The history of British Racing Green (BRG) goes back almost 120 years. It's the "official" British racing colour and, like your uncle, if I had an E-type that would have to be the color. More information here:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_racing_green  .

On 1/30/2021 at 6:44 AM, flyingleaf said:

Here is my wish.

One of my favorites and saw this one at the Air Museum car show... little Cobra style.

IMG_0039-1.thumb.jpg.667c45a6ac2608a3bb1c02962b7411a6.jpg

1 hour ago, Rob Abernathy said:

This is my favorite ride.  1948 Ford F1, same year as my birthdate!  Bought it cheap and restored it.  Still have to put the chrome strips on.

I'm not a pickup kinda guy but love the Ford F1 trucks.  Another one at the car show.

IMG_0125-1.thumb.jpg.02471e4faf5644ca9210d2f6f8609237.jpg

Archived