Coming Soon to the PNW: Concrete Municipal for MSFS!

The flight from Orca's Island to Darrington Municipal is very scenic, especially the route along the Skagit River. They may have canceled the Old Fashion Fly-In this year but now you can do it virtually to this wonderful little gem. This one is definitely penciled into the must-have scenery list!

29 minutes ago, wain71 said:

some amazing detail....why concrete? is there a meaning?

Wikipedia:

"The town of Concrete has undergone several incarnations, the earliest being a settlement at the northwestern junction of the Baker and Skagit Rivers, known as "Minnehaha." Amasa "Peg-Leg" Everett was one of the earliest settlers and in 1890, the townsite was platted by another settler, Magnus Miller. Shortly thereafter, a post office was established and the town name changed to "Baker." In 1905, a settlement across the Baker River came into being due to the building of the Washington Portland Cement Company and was named "Cement City." After the Superior Portland Cement Company plant was built in Baker in 1908, it was decided to merge the two towns. Inhabitants of the new community settled on the name "Concrete" and the town was so christened and officially incorporated on May 8, 1909."

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Andreas Hegi said:

Wikipedia:

"The town of Concrete has undergone several incarnations, the earliest being a settlement at the northwestern junction of the Baker and Skagit Rivers, known as "Minnehaha." Amasa "Peg-Leg" Everett was one of the earliest settlers and in 1890, the townsite was platted by another settler, Magnus Miller. Shortly thereafter, a post office was established and the town name changed to "Baker." In 1905, a settlement across the Baker River came into being due to the building of the Washington Portland Cement Company and was named "Cement City." After the Superior Portland Cement Company plant was built in Baker in 1908, it was decided to merge the two towns. Inhabitants of the new community settled on the name "Concrete" and the town was so christened and officially incorporated on May 8, 1909."

Andreas thanks for posting this, interesting reading...

Many deft touches evident in the shots.

Love the blue Camaro.

Concrete Municipal is not a name that sets the heart a flutter, yet there is character aplenty here & it has 'location, location. location' written all over it as regards bush flying.

A nicely executed piece of work.

TTM

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pbearsailor said:

Andreas, is the Main Street in the town included as it is so beautifully done in the FSX/P3D version?

thanks,

steve

Hello Steve, thank you for your interest. My old Concrete scenery was created eleven years ago. It takes quite some effort to get it 4K ready (beside of the learning curve it takes to design for MSFS) . Depending on customer feedback (like you!), I will also redesign the old town of Concrete and add it in a future update. Since there are around a dozen buildings with their associated textures, I simply need more time, as especially the old textures no longer meet our current requirements. As I think MSFS has a huge potential for the future of flight simulation I have rebuilt three previous PNW airfields for  MSFS in quite a short time so that we have some fun and joy to fly! I hope this answers your question.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Andreas Hegi said:

Hello Steve, thank you for your interest. My old Concrete scenery was created eleven years ago. It takes quite some effort to get it 4K ready (beside of the learning curve it takes to design for MSFS) . Depending on customer feedback (like you!), I will also redesign the old town of Concrete and add it in a future update. Since there are around a dozen buildings with their associated textures, I simply need more time, as especially the old textures no longer meet our current requirements. As I think MSFS has a huge potential for the future of flight simulation I have rebuilt three previous PNW airfields for  MSFS in quite a short time so that we have some fun and joy to fly! I hope this answers your question.

Totally understand, Andreas!  Your attention to detail in that Main Street part of the old P3D/FSX version has always been special, especially since we've been there many times.  Saw "Sully" about the Hudson River water landing there in that tiny little theater.  Before the movie started the theater owner walked down the isle with blankets and pillows, acting as our flight attendant before the "flight."  Small town America, they own the theater and the sewer service!

cheers,

steve 

• Like 1

On 11/17/2020 at 12:37 PM, JohnnyJohnJohn said:

That's good to see, but no control panels to configure options, no town like included in the originals before?  Lets hope it comes soon.  Tired of flying on ly 3 choices in California.

But why would we need control panel for? There are no control panels on any of the other airports.

Yup.

I decided to stop using P3D altogether and concentrate only on MSFS. I think, potentially, this sim is the best, and probably the future of flight sim. I really had enough issues with the other sims, and I'm welling to deal with growing pains of MSFS and enjoy it to the fullest. As long as we have quality addons, and hopefully many aircraft, I'm sure we will really enjoy it. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, JohnnyJohnJohn said:

Back in P3D remember they had them for controlling densities, of objects, people flow, etc....

Johnny, the new game engine is still very young, there is still a lot to discover, the SDK is not completed yet, the game is still under development so it will take some time until we get more control .

Cheers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, perohijo said:

Yup.

I decided to stop using P3D altogether and concentrate only on MSFS. I think, potentially, this sim is the best, and probably the future of flight sim. I really had enough issues with the other sims, and I'm welling to deal with growing pains of MSFS and enjoy it to the fullest. As long as we have quality addons, and hopefully many aircraft, I'm sure we will really enjoy it. 

I have to agree now.  I went to P3D loaded and was like, uh, how could we tolerate it? LOL.  Back to MSFS now and sticking with this one only too.

• Like 1

I am from Washington State and looking forward to adding Concrete and other Orbx airports to MSFS in the PNW.I have been to Concrete several times.  Has the town been modeled like it was in P3d? I see you have the Ferrari & Mustang at the airport.Would be great to see the Porsche 911 & Porsche GT3 parked at your other Washington Oregon & California airports. I own a 2015 GT3 painted Arena Red one of ten in that color in the world ! What a treat to see it at your airports some day.

• Like 1

Thanks Andrea, Concrete and Darrington were the first Orbx scenaries in US for me ten years ago and after KORS. It's a great pleasure to come back with these update for FS2020. I'm waiting now Skagit and many more. I hope you will add some new airfield in the future. it seems now big airports are the new standard for Orbx designer but I prefer little one like Concrete and Darrington as in the real life.

I also purchased all your otehrs sceneries in US and Australia  !!

Edited by franck66
  • Upvote 2

21 hours ago, boxcar986 said:

I am from Washington State and looking forward to adding Concrete and other Orbx airports to MSFS in the PNW.I have been to Concrete several times.  Has the town been modeled like it was in P3d? I see you have the Ferrari & Mustang at the airport.Would be great to see the Porsche 911 & Porsche GT3 parked at your other Washington Oregon & California airports. I own a 2015 GT3 painted Arena Red one of ten in that color in the world ! What a treat to see it at your airports some day.

The owner of the Bolan hangar has a great car collection inside. I am not sure if he also owns a Porsche. GT3 is a fantastic sports car!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, franck66 said:

Thanks Andrea, Concrete and Darrington were the first Orbx scenaries in US for me ten years ago and after KORS. It's a great pleasure to come back with these update for FS2020. I'm waiting now Skagit and many more. I hope you will add some new airfield in the future. it seems now big airports are the new standard for Orbx designer but I prefer little one like Concrete and Darrington as in the real life.

I also purchased all your otehrs sceneries in US and Australia  !!

Merci beaucoup Franck! Yes I love these small airfields also very much. They have so much atmosphere and authentic flair. That's why I stick to those!

• Like 1

Very much looking forward to this.  I have every airport you have made for P3D and MSFS.  Having switched to MSFS, this is another one I want.  Thank you for your quality products.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andreas Hegi said:

Merci beaucoup Franck! Yes I love these small airfields also very much. They have so much atmosphere and authentic flair. That's why I stick to those!

Andreas, is there any chance of you doing Arlington KAWO ? It is in the same general area and just a little bit bigger, so that you can get the CJ4 in and out easily. They have a wonderful airshow each summer.

Edited by kerrygipe

9 hours ago, kerrygipe said:

Andreas, is there any chance of you doing Arlington KAWO ? It is in the same general area and just a little bit bigger, so that you can get the CJ4 in and out easily. They have a wonderful airshow each summer.

I like Arlington too, have been there a couple of times virtually. I would have to study it closer and then of course get high quality photographs of the main buildings and objects from someone living local. 

• Like 1

This is great news. I love the smaller regional airports full of character and charm. My debit card is primed and at the ready. Just an opinion...Maybe Anacortes next?   I am loving my short hops around PNW on MSFS, and would love to see Anacortes make the transition :-)

• Like 1

Great to see more airports from the PNW coming to FS2020. Still one of my favorite areas to fly, even now that we have the entire world with photo scenery. Personally I don't mind at all if the airports were to be released with the original low-res textures, they still look miles better than the MSFS defaults. Still I understand that Orbx as a company have certain standards they need to adhere to.

• Like 1