Orbx airports visited in real life - a rolling story

Stillwater

On 7/11/2020 at 8:19 PM, BradB said:

Leaving Pearson field flying over the Interstate 5 bridge . 
Cheers

John

John, although I do not know if this is correct...: If you are convinced, please feel free to post a fresh quest here!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

Fantastic picture, John!

From the cars I guess this is not Japan or Europe?

Yes, and by looking at the overhead signs, it must be in an English speaking country.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/11/2020 at 12:27 PM, musterpilot said:

Cairns

At first glance I thought its definitely not Europe where I live because vegetation is different.

I thought it could be my homeland and I was right from the above suggestion.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BradB said:

Nope , but your in the right area .....

Bozeman Yellowstone Imternational (KBZN)? But I think we already had that.

So perhaps Jackson Hole?

Edited by wolfko

37 minutes ago, wolfko said:

Bozeman Yellowstone Imternational (KBZN)? But I think we already had that.

So perhaps Jackson Hole?

You are correct Sir !! . KBZN it is .

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, wolfko said:

Since I have no more pics available, I'd say, @Stillwater should decide, whose turnn it is now.

Why not do it this way: Whoever posts the first riddle during Friday (each time), is welcome. If nobody has one, I´ll find someone... on my own HD... :D

• Like 2

On 7/24/2020 at 10:03 AM, a340-th said:

Thank you.

its in NA B)

NA is too big for me to make a qualified guess... these 45° angled runways make me think of Chicago (O´Hare or even Midway), but I doubt it. Could you narrow it down with a hint?

I am a bit confused.  Is it possible that the current pic does not match the subject of the thread?  The thread is around Orbx airports.   It is my understanding that the pic needs to relate to an Orbx created airport.  If the only Orbx component is OpenLC then this has become a game of guess which one of the 20,000 North American airports/airfields is in this picture.    

Rod

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, stiletto2 said:

Great pics of your visit!  I wish I could visit EGTH using my P3Dv5 sim but I don't think it is compatible yet.  

Rod

me too. Obviously I’d love P3Dv5 Old W.. and that Sea Hurricane was stunning. Lovely to see atc flying a flag from the tower today.. they were getting ready for Sunday’s drive-thru airshow

On 7/28/2020 at 1:48 PM, Stillwater said:

NA is too big for me to make a qualified guess... these 45° angled runways make me think of Chicago (O´Hare or even Midway), but I doubt it. Could you narrow it down with a hint?

Its in Florida - Kendall Tamiami. Just came across this and others sorting pics from happy days, when I still had a license.

On 7/28/2020 at 8:37 PM, stiletto2 said:

I am a bit confused.  Is it possible that the current pic does not match the subject of the thread?  The thread is around Orbx airports.   It is my understanding that the pic needs to relate to an Orbx created airport.  If the only Orbx component is OpenLC then this has become a game of guess which one of the 20,000 North American airports/airfields is in this picture.    

Rod

Agree and apologize, I'll refrain from posting pics like that in future.

Speaking of Orbx airports - I have quietly been revisiting my Library of them - including Aus V2 -  keeping 

a number of screenshots  - and when August 18th arrives my first flight will be around my Antipodean country

once more - not only to see what MS have done - but to compare what we currently have - to what MSD is orffering.

Meanwhile - in the absence of a current Question - try this easy one.

Bundy 1.jpg

2 hours ago, John Heaton said:

Speaking of Orbx airports - I have quietly been revisiting my Library of them - including Aus V2 -  keeping 

a number of screenshots  - and when August 18th arrives my first flight will be around my Antipodean country

once more - not only to see what MS have done - but to compare what we currently have - to what MSD is orffering.

Meanwhile - in the absence of a current Question - try this easy one.

Bundy 1.jpg

Hmmm, flat land, some tropical vegetation... I will not revisit some suspicious places but just throw a guess: Coffs Harbour?