Orbx airports visited in real life - a rolling story

Stillwater

7 hours ago, wolfko said:

A fantastic cross-link, indeed, Wolfgang. Thanks for the awareness!

I put Chris´s picture here once again, though y´all know the airport already.

I couldn´t take a picture there, because I was the driver when we passed the runway.

Dou8ok7.jpg

Did you know, this little baby is in Orbx Australia and New Zealand AI traffic packs.

Gippsland Airvan

Lands on the beach too, at Fraser Island.

E7xyAEZ.jpg

xyMC7po.jpg

vSXXuDA.jpg

Chris.

Edited by Chris.D
Typo

Hi Gerold,  Yes, both VH-RYT and VH-BFS are there but they don't go to Fraser Island in the sim.  RYT goes over to Bundaburg and back and BFS goes to Cairns (YBCS) and then on to Innisfail (YIFL).

I had to de compile Traffic_FTX GA Traffic.bgl  to make sure. You can often see BSF at Hervey Bay if you start a flight around midday.

Orchid Beach airstrip in the sim is out in the ocean with a water runway. and there is nothing on the beach at Eurong.

I think that when I finish my South American adventure, I should make some new .bgl's and fix this situation up and have some planes landing on the beach again. I had all this in FS9.

A real life story,, Some years back, one of our summer tropical thunderstorms came through the bay, and before they had time to put RYT in the hanger, the wind picked her up and threw her against the shed wall. Lots of damage. Got some pictures somewhere, a sorry sight.

RYT at Hervey Bay.

cYDRUTR.jpg

TZR flys up to Lady Elliot Island in the sim OK.

1RG13J5.jpg

The time I took the shots.

qOskgma.jpg

Chris.

• Upvote 1

Its Saturday here, so I had a mess around with Orchid Beach and the Gippsland Airvans, both RYT and BFS. The airport works OK and the AI fly in and out, on time.

The Aussies will get this.  While getting YOCB Orchid Beach going, I discovered an "Easter Egg" in the scenery, a bloody Dingo with a baby in its mouth !!  :lol::lol:

Sick sense of humour, but I did have a good laugh.

Here you go. RYT included !

7kNuGXP.jpg

Edited by Chris.D
  • Haha 1

On 2/6/2021 at 3:40 PM, Chris.D said:

The Aussies will get this.  While getting YOCB Orchid Beach going, I discovered an "Easter Egg" in the scenery, a bloody Dingo with a baby in its mouth !!  :lol::lol:

Sick sense of humour, but I did have a good laugh.

You can't be serious, I can't believe someone put that there. I am going to have to find one myself. Have you looked around Uluru, I wonder what is there. Maybe a broken down combi on the Stuart Highway too?  :D 

Havn't visited for a couple of years but a live shot from the webcam. If it doesn't work my apologies. Trying to do this on my phone and iPad. My in-laws live there :)

1612788292265444436446947791185.jpg

Edited by boetie
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, boetie said:

Havn't visited for a couple of years but a live shot from the webcam. If it doesn't work my apologies. Trying to do this on my phone and iPad. My in-laws live there :)

1612788292265444436446947791185.jpg

Wow, that looks not like I would expect Queensland these days...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, boetie said:

The other side of the globe mate. I was watching and there were foxes on the runway in broad daylight! I know you know where it is .........

Hmmm, it looks a lot like Germany, but here in the north all the ground would be covered with snow today. So we have to look for warmer areas in Europe...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stillwater said:

Hmmm, it looks a lot like Germany, but here in the north all the ground would be covered with snow today. So we have to look for warmer areas in Europe...

It was only taken a couple of hours ago Gerold. Their max is 0deg, min -2deg today.  My in-laws are English. ... No more clues, I know how well travelled you are. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, boetie said:

My in-laws are English. ...

My first guess would have been Welshpool. But then, calling a Welsh person English, what is very common for us German speakers, would be an insult I guess.

On 2/8/2021 at 3:08 PM, boetie said:

It was only taken a couple of hours ago Gerold. Their max is 0deg, min -2deg today.  My in-laws are English. ... No more clues, I know how well travelled you are. 

Hmm, I am no expert in Orbx airfields in Britain - I was slightly disappointed from the quality of the region packs so I did not invest much more there. So I have to make some wild guesses...

There are not many hard-surfaced airfields in the portfolio. My first suspicion would be Shoreham/Brighton?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, boetie said:

Gerold and Rod, spot on

https://flybrighton.com/webcam/

Cheers

Graeme :)

ps. The camera changes depending on the “active” runway

Wow, I am surprised - I got it?! And now I have the challenge to find some more real life photos of my travelled places, all long ago meanwhile... what about this one?

khk3zYv.jpg

5 hours ago, wolfko said:

First of all I would say this is in Australia, because so far I have only seen this innovative method of using garbage bins for a cordon in Australia. :lol:

A good start Wolfgang. As there are no Indian airports (as per now) in the Orbx portfolio you are fully correct!

Great white shot, @David Woodford.

Anyone out here with an idea where this sunny moment could have been caught?

On 2/10/2021 at 7:45 AM, Stillwater said:

Wow, I am surprised - I got it?! And now I have the challenge to find some more real life photos of my travelled places, all long ago meanwhile... what about this one?

khk3zYv.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rob Abernathy said:

I've been to this field several times IRL.  PNW area.  Does the picture have to be taken by me, personally?

HF.thumb.jpg.54f3a682b92a4201063066d25bee24c5.jpg

Is it S43 Harvey Field? This red and white striped hangar looks familiar.

• Upvote 1