Orbx airports visited in real life - a rolling story

Stillwater

21 hours ago, Chris.D said:

Here you go, an easy one. I believe it is in Australia v2.

I'm off for a couple of days, family get together, be back on Monday.

8WQT7qj.jpg

Chris.

Uuuh, that looks difficult... a grass strip st the sea, more: a coral sea. Who has an idea?

The correct answer. Home of the west coast facility of Zenith Aircraft Company. I was at one of their open houses when the photos were taken. Thought the photo of the Zenith might provide a clue. If I had used a photo inside their hanger it would have been obvious to anyone who likes their aircraft.

• Like 1

Just to bring the parallel loose ends of this thread together...:

20 hours ago, Dusterman said:

The correct answer. Home of the west coast facility of Zenith Aircraft Company. I was at one of their open houses when the photos were taken. Thought the photo of the Zenith might provide a clue. If I had used a photo inside their hanger it would have been obvious to anyone who likes their aircraft.

Cloverdale seems to be recognized by @medx421 .

But the first one of this weekend still is open, we will be able to close it on Monday.

On 11/22/2019 at 12:46 AM, Chris.D said:

Here you go, an easy one. I believe it is in Australia v2.

I'm off for a couple of days, family get together, be back on Monday.

Chris.

On 11/22/2019 at 11:49 PM, Stillwater said:

OK, if it is no payware, I would initially guess: Lady Elliott Island?

I wouldn´t mind if @medx421 jumps in and gets us another quest before Chris returns and can reveal his secret find.

OK, I'm back, got in late Sunday night.

Yes, it is Lady Elliot Island, part of the new Australia v2, which is, I believe is payware.

I'll have a scratch around and see what else I have, but unfortunately, I did most of my flying, before retirement, on the east coast of the US.

BTW, a good fun thread !

Chris.

• Like 1

I am kind of confused by the parallel session of @medx421 and @Kilstorm . Has there been a correct answer, or some more guessing?

However, I´d like to continue this thread, ...

16 hours ago, Chris.D said:

OK, I'm back, got in late Sunday night.

Yes, it is Lady Elliot Island, part of the new Australia v2, which is, I believe is payware.

I'll have a scratch around and see what else I have, but unfortunately, I did most of my flying, before retirement, on the east coast of the US.

BTW, a good fun thread !

Chris.

... and as I was fortunate to have identified Lady Elliot Island (even without turtles!), I just merge to one fresh open question. And I am sure you´ll get is at fast as you got all my previous ones:

zjMQMu1.jpg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

I am kind of confused by the parallel session of @medx421 and @Kilstorm . Has there been a correct answer, or some more guessing?

Kilstorm guessed STS correctly.  We are good to move on.  Like I said though, I'm tapped out.  Guess I need to go out and do some more flying.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Chris.D said:

Palm Springs.

Went up on the tramway in 1977 !

Wow, now isn't a small world? When you went up there in 1977, I was living in those exact mountains, about a 30 minute drive from the top of the tram. I would have been 7 at the time ;) 

I had a great friend, who has since passed on, who lived at Rancho Mirage.

It was about 105 degrees in Palm Springs, so we caught the tramway and played in the snow at the top.

Got 35mm slides somewhere, must pull them out and scan them.

Great times.  :)

Edited by Chris.D
Correction
  • Like 1

On 11/26/2019 at 3:20 AM, Stillwater said:

... and as I was fortunate to have identified Lady Elliot Island (even without turtles!), I just merge to one fresh open question. And I am sure you´ll get is at fast as you got all my previous ones:

zjMQMu1.jpg

If it's not Parra para umu on the Kiwi North Island - Its very much like it - especially the gliders

Heres another for the Aussies - a learning experience

Annotation 2019-11-23 172813.jpg

On 11/26/2019 at 4:20 AM, Stillwater said:

zjMQMu1.jpg

I think it's Innsbruck.  The main hint was the like by Jarrad :D.  It certainly looks different from this view (if I am right).

• Upvote 1

On 11/26/2019 at 12:18 PM, iflygary said:

I have three more.  All from the ground.  They should all be "fairly" easy to recognize but I tried to make them a little more difficult to guess;)

Resized_20190718_173755_792437125571946.jpeg

Resized_20190720_172745_792770172659372(1).jpeg

Resized_20190722_180609_792836529914346.jpeg

OK, I know the first one and the third one.  Not sure yet about the middle photo.

1/  Despite the logs missing (or added, depending on your point of view) I think the first one is 74S Anacortes.

2/ ?

3/  I think this one is KBVS Skagit.  The "Port of...." was the hint for me.

Great shots.  It's awesome to see these airports in real life photos.

16 hours ago, Scott Harmes said:

OK, I know the first one and the third one.  Not sure yet about the middle photo.

1/  Despite the logs missing (or added, depending on your point of view) I think the first one is 74S Anacortes.

2/ ?

3/  I think this one is KBVS Skagit.  The "Port of...." was the hint for me.

Great shots.  It's awesome to see these airports in real life photos.

Scott!!

Two out of three ain't bad as the song goes!!  I know the second one was a bit tricky but here is an additional hint to #2.  This should be the dead giveaway!  :D

Resized_20190720_172751_792945235741180.jpeg

3 hours ago, iflygary said:

Scott!!

Two out of three ain't bad as the song goes!!  I know the second one was a bit tricky but here is an additional hint to #2.  This should be the dead giveaway!  :D

Resized_20190720_172751_792945235741180.jpeg

Ahhhh.  Is it CYSE Squamish?  What an awesome airport in an amazing setting.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2019 at 9:44 PM, Scott Harmes said:

Ahhhh.  Is it CYSE Squamish?  What an awesome airport in an amazing setting.

You are correct!!  Squamish it is!! :D  That area is just beautiful on the sim and even more stunning in real life!!!

20190719_140327.jpg

Resized_20190719_140339.jpeg

Resized_20190719_143833.jpeg

Resized_20190719_142227.jpeg

• Like 3

On 12/3/2019 at 5:44 AM, Scott Harmes said:

I think it's Innsbruck.  The main hint was the like by Jarrad :D.  It certainly looks different from this view (if I am right).

You were correct Scott, t´was Innsbruck. Great way you have read the hints...!

• Like 2