Orbx airports visited in real life - a rolling story

Stillwater

45 minutes ago, wolfko said:

Another hint: look at the aircraft's registration number.^_^

Edit: but please don't google the number. This wasn't fair.

Haha.  I noticed the Canadian rego straight away, but a google search didn't help me anyway.  All I could find with that registration was a DC-8 and a Piper PA-28.

• Like 1

And the winner is - Scott!  Good on you! :)

Yes, it is Innsbruck indeed. The shot is from July 2005, taken by an acquaintance, who is a plane spotter at LOWI. The Qantas shot I have taken and cannot find is also from around 2005. At that time some of the Dash 8 delivery flights from the Bombardier plant in Canada (hence the Canadian registration) to Australia and New Zealand took the route via the eastern hemisphere and LOWI seemed to be popular as a refueling stop.   

PS: I think the plane on the pic was the first Q300 delivered to Air Nelson (NZ Link).

Edited by wolfko
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Scott Harmes said:

Here is one of my favourite Orbx airports of all time, and probably the most used by me, although it has been a while.

Nice picture, and not too easy as well. Let me try to narrow it down:

With the lovely Virgin Australia and the not-so-lovely Jetstar this is most probably taken somewhere in OZ.

With the most-lovely Singapore Airline in the background it can only be a major international airport.

So we have the choice between...

• Perth (no Orbx airport available, unfortunately)
  • Adelaide (no Orbx airport available)
  • Sydney (no Orbx airport needed)
  • Brisbane
  • Melbourne
  • Canberra

No initial guessing from me today...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

It's not too easy Gerold, I don't have a clue...:unsure:

17 hours ago, wolfko said:

No, it is definitely not too easy. My only clue is, the airport is in Australia. B) 

The clue of Wolfgang is correct. To my knowledge REX does not leave the continent?

Whilst the Antonov in the background could be confusing. Let me assure you she did not have to go too far south, and the runway surely is long enough.