Innsbruck for XP11 Preview #2 - It's all in the details!

Use your mouse to explore this 360-degree view of Innsbruck for X-Plane 11!

G'day everyone, 

Thank you all for the wonderful response to last week's formal announcement of Innsbruck Airport for X-Plane 11. Work is progressing at a feverish pace behind the scenes to put the final spit and polish on this project. We know that many of you are waiting patiently for the release; rest assured we want to get everything just right in preparation of your upcoming Alpine adventures :)

In the mean time, I thought I would share a few more details of the project. As mentioned in our first previews last week, Innsbruck for X-Plane 11 includes an enormous 8200km2 coverage area, extending well beyond the original FSX/P3D coverage area. Explore large sections of the Austrian Alps, the state of Tirol as well as portions of southern Bavaria, extended north to the outskirts of Munich. Covered in our signature Orbx blend of hand-colourised photoreal, high-definition mesh, custom autogen and hand-placed vegetation, this project is far more than what you'd normally expect from an airport product.

Please enjoy these shots, and be sure to keep an eye on our forums and social media for more updates and info over the coming days!

Cheers,

Jarrad

COVERAGE MAP

Hxr4nvi.jpg

20-28498eecb6c299e71f3b4774166edb5c.jpg

Ultra-detailed  modelling extends all the way to the terminal doors

The CityScene component contains over 160 hand-crafted custom models, perfectly blended alongside ortho, autogen and vegetation

Unique apron clutter created specifically for Innsbruck

Hand-colourised photoreal imagery combined with immaculate building and vegetation placement

The general aviation apron includes heritage-listed hangars

Grass and vegetation types created specifically for Innsbruck, colour-matched to ground imagery

Ultra-detailed modelling also extends to prominent non-airside components around the terminal

The coverage area extends far beyond the original FSX/P3D zone, into southern Bavaria as far north as the outskirts of Munich

Over 160 custom POI populate the scenery

All airside vehicles have been custom modeled specifically for Innsbruck

Ultra-detailed elevation mesh derived from 10m source - the best available for this area in X-Plane 11

My god it looks so beautiful! I have been waiting for this since a long time, thanks a lot guys. Been there a couple of times by myself recently and now I can enjoy it soon in my sim as well! Can't wait. :D 

Now patiently waiting for a TrueEarth Austria :rollmyeyes:

WOW

totally outstanding job

you said in your post that you are extending the coverage of the original p3d version for this.. so here comes the question: can we expect these improvements in the sister p3d version? (hint: please say yes)

Amazingly detailled sceney and over a vast area around Innsbruck promising joyable flights in any form of aircraft(airliner, GA, heli, sailplane,...). Looking forward to the release

for XP11. Already have the P3D and AFS2 version but this will beat both of them for sure as I see the screenshots. Congratulations to Jarrad and possible others involved....;)

Can anyone give a quick comparison between the AFS2 version and the XP11 version? Are they broadly the same or has this version had more love applied over the AFS2 one? Once the 40% discount goes, it will be a more considered decision for sceneries like this, but it does look great in those shots.

I’d say the XP11 port is the best of the three, especially given the vast ortho coverage which is like a mini TE region with all that tech applied.

You also get animated vehicle traffic on roads and moving trains, as well as real water.

P3D has the advantage of animated ground staff.

Performance is also fantastic on my PC; Jarrad and co have clearly spent a lot of time on optimisation.

I am from Austria and teavel regularly there, so it was a favorite from you in P3D and I will buy it now for xplane, It would be great to have at least one little airstrip with enhanced optics in this mini region to have the possibilty to fly to a point instead of just circling LOWI. would appreciate that very much.

Thanks for the kind words everyone - work is progressing well, we're getting fairly close now :) 

On 7/31/2019 at 10:04 PM, jotaedo said:

you said in your post that you are extending the coverage of the original p3d version for this.. so here comes the question: can we expect these improvements in the sister p3d version? (hint: please say yes)

It's certainly feasible, however it would involve quite a bit of work to fill out all 5 seasons for the P3D version (not to mention, adding a large extra download size). I've got a few longer-term plans for the P3D version, this is certainly in amongst them. But in the mean time I do have a couple of very massive projects that are occupying all my time, so I can't make any promises or commitments just yet :)

9 minutes ago, thunderbird_vienna said:

I am from Austria and teavel regularly there, so it was a favorite from you in P3D and I will buy it now for xplane, It would be great to have at least one little airstrip with enhanced optics in this mini region to have the possibilty to fly to a point instead of just circling LOWI. would appreciate that very much.

Thanks for your nice feedback on the P3D version, much appreciated. The heliports (particularly Hat Tux/Alpin 5 in the XP11 version) were designed specifically with this in mind, though I understand that not everyone is a rotor-head. Whilst there aren't any Austrian airfields within the coverage area, several of the grass airfields on the Bavarian side of the scenery have been nicely replicated in the default XP11 database. 

On 7/30/2019 at 8:14 PM, Tobi008 said:

Do coverage of the area, does this represent like one or two complete tiles from x-plane?

This will be 1x complete tile - approx 75km east-west and 110km north-south. 

On 7/31/2019 at 6:25 PM, Yeun said:

Wow, 

Each day checking for release announcement ???

Keep your eyes glued - we have some very exciting coming very soon (and not just related to Innsbruck!) 

Cheers,

Jarrad

On 8/4/2019 at 2:12 PM, Jarrad Marshall said:

It's certainly feasible, however it would involve quite a bit of work to fill out all 5 seasons for the P3D version (not to mention, adding a large extra download size). I've got a few longer-term plans for the P3D version, this is certainly in amongst them. But in the mean time I do have a couple of very massive projects that are occupying all my time, so I can't make any promises or commitments just yet :)

thanks for the straight answer. looking forward for it, thats sure

On 8/3/2019 at 4:58 PM, John Venema said:

I’d say the XP11 port is the best of the three, especially given the vast ortho coverage which is like a mini TE region with all that tech applied.

You also get animated vehicle traffic on roads and moving trains, as well as real water.

P3D has the advantage of animated ground staff.

Performance is also fantastic on my PC; Jarrad and co have clearly spent a lot of time on optimisation.

Would you suggest the X plane version is my best bet for True Earth in general ? As from the weekend I will have both sims but know little about X plane so far.

From what I hear of X plane, Ortho-type scenery (and I assume VFR / Helicopter) flying is its forte.

I have many 100s of bucks of OrbX stuff for P3D, but for my first entry into True Earth, I am thinking - but would value an expert opinion - that X plane would be my best bet.

Thnx for any advice.

P.S. Any ETA on Leeds-Bradford for P3D ?

Archived