New Flight Sim announced!

Nic727

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BrettT said:

Looks impressive...wonder if it is going to be a "game" or "simulator".  Might be geared towards the xbox

My thoughts exactly, but we'll have to wait and see. If it comes on PC day1 *without* native VR I think some people will commit suicide!!  :)

4 minutes ago, Matthijs said:

I think they learned lessons from MS Flight. I guess Microsoft did a lot of research and knows that a closed platform will die very soon. After all the future is bright!

Must be Mr. Kok from Aerosoft!

Yeah, this was a complete surprise, but it looks amazing. If they find a way to hook up my HOTAS and rudder pedals to XBox, I may become a user, as there is no way my PC could run with that kind of fidelity. It also has to allow open source content, or I won't be interested.

I have to say I'm amazed.  This looks better than P3D and XP combined.  I have a lot of questions though, is it going to be called a "game" or a simulation?  Will Orbx support it?  How much of it will be DLC like other games with "micro transactions"?  And I'm always wary if it's going to be on a console.  I like the looks of it but I prefer a real simulation that has very complex aircraft in it.  But that's just my opinion for what it's worth.

1 hour ago, BrettT said:

Looks impressive...wonder if it is going to be a "game" or "simulator".  Might be geared towards the xbox

Yeah that's what I'm worried about. Microsoft themselves tried the "game" approach. It didn't go well. Then Dovetail Games tried the game approach. It too didn't go well.

I would hate to see all this graphics tech go to waste on some casual "game" that gets canceled after 6 months due to lackluster sales because there isn't a market for a casual civilian flight "game".

More info:

“The next generation of our longest-running franchise, Microsoft Flight Simulator is coming to Windows 10 with Xbox Game Pass in 2020, and coming to Xbox One at a later date. Microsoft Flight Simulator is specifically designed to celebrate flight simulation fans through a focus on the authenticity of flying and visually stunning environments. By revamping our tech, working in close collaboration with the community and pursuing the best partnerships across the industry, we intend to deliver the best-in-class flight simulation experience.”

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/06/09/xbox-e3-2019-briefing-recap/

I have an open mind about this one. MS has a lot of new technology and Flight Sim is a perfect platform to showcase it. Cloud Based communities and storage, Azure AI, Satellite Imagery, Commercial and Recreational Flying, lots and lots of clutter probably AI driven, and those Clouds...did you see those Clouds. :D

They seemed to be sinking a lot of money into this one.

Alright flight sim army huddle up! when its ready https://fsi.microsoftstudios.com/ load into the forums and start overflowing them with all our expectations !!! I really hope this one does not flop. We need a new sim that looks like that and its a fact. Lets hope any further information about it is positive and not a let down. 

1 minute ago, BAW9DV said:

It looks fantastic - but it is for Xbox users :-(

People need to stop saying this it creates bad rumors. The very little that has been officially said by them is clearly saying PC. Just read what has been said it is for PC

2 minutes ago, Benny said:

If it's real, it's the end of a lot of addon companies... This sim as everything we always dreamed of.

I can't wait for ORBX comments on this one

I would rather they collaborate... imagine a sim like that with the ORBX scenery touch and PMDG or FSlabs aircraft. 

The promotional video is very slick.

I wonder what Lockheed Martin think about it, or if they are involved?

Perhaps when the dust settles Orbx could comment on where it sits on it, if they are involved or not.

IF LM are not in the loop then this may blow P3D out of the water, in which case I may need to think hard about anymore P3D purchases until the Microsoft product is finally released & I can compare them.

TTM

Archived