New Flight Sim announced!

Nic727

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BAW9DV said:

Okay,

My understanding that both Xbox and PCs use Windows 10 as an OS ...

Lee

No no no no no. Windows 10 and XBox are to different platforms.

People stop freaking out about XBox. XBox is for gaming on Windows 10, previously it was called Games for Windows, but they gathered everything under XBox branding.

And yes, flight simmers are gamers and player as well, stop pretending you are more than that. Seriously it’s getting old.

Still nothing from anyone from Orbx. I wouldn’t think they would be worried about the new sim that’s even if it ever gets released. Mean your not going to get an all singing all dancing new sim that covers the whole world in one package. So you probably will have to buy extra the scenery and that is if it takes off so to speak. Think I have enough with Xplane and P3D especially at my age. Derek.

I mentioned earlier that it looks impressive.  Could also essentially be "Aerofly by Microsoft"....i.e more of a sight seeing platform.  Could also be the mack-daddy of them all but microsoft centric with them controlling all DLC which could push ORBX more towards XPLANE.  Time will tell though it should be interesting

Looks good , If it really is this kind of graphics etc in flight and just not a tweaked up trailer then how much hard drive space and CPU /GPU power that is going to require,

Laminar research are probably watching very closely as this could be a game changer , sorry simulator changer , hopefully Orbx are onboard already and currently looking at options.

Then again does it require 3rd party addons? 

So lets wait and see what Back to the future as I call it brings.

4 hours ago, dominique said:

XBox or PC ? Not sure this is the issue as both are mentioned.. The key word seems to me XBox Pass. Looks like a subscription game on cloud. MSFlight on cloud. Third party devs will be delighted (yes, I am sarcastic). Welcome to Flightflix . Or is it NetFlight ;) ?

It’s not subscription based.

1 hour ago, FSMontie said:

No no no no no. Windows 10 and XBox are to different platforms.

People stop freaking out about XBox. XBox is for gaming on Windows 10, previously it was called Games for Windows, but they gathered everything under XBox branding.

And yes, flight simmers are gamers and player as well, stop pretending you are more than that. Seriously it’s getting old.

Ok,

Firstly, I'm not freaking out!  I don't do "freaking out".   And I'm not a gamer or player either.....

Unfortunately, I was/am too old to fly commercially and got into aviation too late to do anything about it as a career - so i got into Flight Simulation to create the kind of career I can never have.   For me, it's a simulation, not a game!

Have a little respect for the views of others that might not be the same as yours.   I fully respect your view - but not you condescending comment ...

<rant over>

Lee

Orbx is not involved.

MS have not reached out to us.

They did a good job keeping it secret.

We have no more information than the trailer and press release.

We don’t know if there is an SDK or third party support.

We don’t know who they partnered with for content, certainly not us.

This does not change any of our product plans at all.

Remember MS Flight? I hope MS learnt from that experience 

This will be Windows 10 first, then ‘maybe’ XBOX later.

Finally, “2020” could mean January or December 2020.

Archived