Look what Santa left me.

VH-KDK

With my luck I usually expect what Santa's Reindeer leave behind although in that respect at least he doesn't have a dog sled!:o

1.KEjSUC5.jpg

A very kind person gifted me this beautiful JF PA-28RT which just happens to be leaving Barton for a flight to the north.

2.Q5xhpWs.jpg

My second payware plane for XP-11 here passing the M62 at Barton Moss

3.h2FGIIG.jpg

At Farnworth on the edge of Bolton.

4.CnhPRwj.jpg

The well done cockpit of the Turbo Arrow, they have done a great job with this one.

5.iZ3k7KL.jpg

Shame on me for not remembering which Rovers played here. Blackburn of course who won the League Title in 1995 under the ownership of Jack Walker. Walkersteel owned Jersey European Airlines who then became British European and then re branded as Flybe in 2002.

6.NMtirmQ.jpg

Is Jimmy home! The Laneworth Quarry can just be seen on the left as we fly over Clitheroe. During WW2 the Swan and Royal Hotel was the meeting place between engineers from Rover, Rolls Royce and other companies who were developing the jet engine. Clitheroe was the birthplace of famous entertainer Jimmy Clitheroe and that was his real name!

7.j6Vdoag.jpg

The Forest of Bowland and Easington Fell

8.DIrkTLP.jpg

Now into North Yorkshire and passing Horton in Ribblesdale. The famous Settle - Carlisle Railway line can also be seen here. Despite being in a national park, aggregate, sand and other materials are quarried here.

Heartfelt thanks for the great friend who made this flight possible.

Lovely shots Martin and I must have a closer look at that aircraft, it looks very nice. My son bought me the Logitech X56 for Chrimbo, now all I’ve got to do is set it up in P3D, managed to do it in Xplane but having a bit of trouble with P3D. Derek.

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 7:57 PM, European Mountain Man said:

Wow Martyn what a Fantastic set of shots from x plane i enjoyed them all my friends happy new year to you my friend regards EMM

Thank you Stewart and a Happy New Year to you as well.:)

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 8:12 PM, bvdboomen said:

The JF Piper Arrow IV is indeed an great plane.

I first was a bit reserved about the colors in the VC but they actually are great and a nice alternative for all the blacks.

Cheers, a plane I would recommend, they have done a great job with it.

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 9:39 PM, Dadtom65 said:

Lovely shots Martin and I must have a closer look at that aircraft, it looks very nice. My son bought me the Logitech X56 for Chrimbo, now all I’ve got to do is set it up in P3D, managed to do it in Xplane but having a bit of trouble with P3D. Derek.

Cheers Derek and good luck with your setting up.

21 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

I didn't know that about flybe, I always thought they were Belgian because of the "be" in it. :lol: A very informative and entertaining flight!

Cheers Lars, I thought they were based in Belize.:huh:

21 hours ago, BradB said:

Terrific shots Martyn , it looks like the perfect airplane for GB with the yoke on the right . :):blink::rolleyes::D

Cheers

John

Eggactly John, you have cracked it. After shelling out for this plane that is where I would expect the yolk to be!:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

20 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Great shots Martyn!  Glad to see you finally in it! ^_^

Thanks Jack, this is a flight from a few days ago and the first post I have made in a week!

A beautiful plane to fly, o will have to try the other version somewhen but I am a devil for the t tails!

19 hours ago, Chunk said:

Magnificent shots Martyn!! The Turbo Arrow is a looker and they nailed this representation of it. That cockpit shot is jaw-dropping. Happy New Year mate!

Many thanks Chunk, a wonderful plane it is.

HNY to you as well.

16 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots and info. Martyn. Fly safely and watch what you're stepping on:lol:

Thanks Karl and I certainly will watch where I tread.:huh:

I don't want to take that into the shiny new cockpit with me.:ph34r:

Hey you really know the area you're flying in Martyn, I often do a bit of research into an area myself when I go for a flight as it adds to the immersion, makes it so much more interesting!

Ben

12 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Hey Martyn. Beautiful plane, and that cockpit shot was a corker. You did a nice job displaying some very nice scenery. Altogether a great set. Thanks!

Thank you Rodger, even I have to say the office image came out rather well!

6 minutes ago, Ben77 said:

Hey you really know the area you're flying in Martyn, I often do a bit of research into an area myself when I go for a flight as it adds to the immersion, makes it so much more interesting!

Ben

Thank you Ben, all places I never visited in RL.

It is interesting to see what they looked like even though they probably wouldn't get too many clear sunny days like this!

Archived