I got a train to catch

Jack Sawyer

41 minutes ago, Leyland said:

Did you obey all traffic signals? (ho, ho, ho)

The eggbeater is a good way to display those close-to-the-ground screenshots.

Nice pictures of some nice scenery - I'll have to save up some more pocket-money....

Leyland

Thanks Leyland!  Yep, I love the traffic signals there.

39 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

Good work Jack.

Out of curiosity - does it just traverse a few hundred yards across the runway, or the track is longer than that?

& where does one find the train timetable?:)

TTM

Thanks TTM!  I didn’t follow it all the way but I think it doesn’t go too far.  You set the time to 1300 and wait for it.

40 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Hey Jack,

Is this a flightsimulator with a train add-on or a trainsimulator with a chopper add-on.

The railway crossed the runway, correct?

Thanks Fred! It’s cool isn’t it?  Yes, the railway actually crosses it similar to Malta I think or is it Gibrater? 

13 minutes ago, Wakashi said:

I’ve got a ticket to ride! :lol:  But tell me Jack, why would you need to catch a train when you are already in a nice mode of transportation? :rollmyeyes:  Nice photos of you chasing that train though!

Thanks Roger!  Actually I like both methods of traveling 

11 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

I hope you had booked your ticket in advance, Jack. That train is really crowded these days in early spring, lots of crazy tourists around.

I'll have to, this one was just an inspection flight and I was delighted to see it moving, it really is the coolest thing!

10 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

A wonderful addition to the scenery and very nicely done too.

I like the people stood on the back of the observation car.

Thanks martyr, I thought the same exact thing, I liked the people in the car.  Thanks to Buffy she has given me comic inspiration for Fred and the gang.

5 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Fred! It’s cool isn’t it?  Yes, the railway actually crosses it similar to Malta I think or is it Gibrater? 

Jack, cooler than cool--as usual. FYI Gibralter has the famous highway crossing of the runway. Don't know about Malta. Now, back to the question--where did you find such a realistic train for the ORBX scenery?

2 minutes ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Jack, cooler than cool--as usual. FYI Gibralter has the famous highway crossing of the runway. Don't know about Malta. Now, back to the question--where did you find such a realistic train for the ORBX scenery?

It was under my Xmas tree :D

2 hours ago, olderndirt said:

I can't imagine an airport in this day and age having an active railroad crossing a runway but you show the evidence and that's it - good job.  Gisborne - wasn't he a real baddy in 'Robin Hood'?

I'm not sure about Robin Hood OND, but it is amazing isn't it?

This thread could be "endless"(not that I'm grumbling).

Without checking, I remember there is a steam train among the train traffic at Orbx Southampton (England) and I think I also saw trains between a couple of USA airfields (adjacent towns) and alongside a German one. Like shipping, it all adds to the ambience.

Leyland

4 hours ago, Leyland said:

This thread could be "endless"(not that I'm grumbling).

Without checking, I remember there is a steam train among the train traffic at Orbx Southampton (England) and I think I also saw trains between a couple of USA airfields (adjacent towns) and alongside a German one. Like shipping, it all adds to the ambience.

Leyland

I actually have a list which might not include all of them but here it is:

Trains:

KRDD - Redding California

W16 - Monroe Firstair, Washington

EGHI - Southampton, England - England

KTEX or KEGE?

Hot air balloons:

S43 - Harvey Field

2WA1 - Diamond Point, Sequim, Washington

EDCG - Ruben Germany

EGCW - Welshpool, Wales