Freeware airport requests

Yes they will, we'll likely bundle the existing packs into new installers that cater for V3. The priority of course is to do the core products (Global, Vector, OLC, Regions) first, then the airports, then freeware.

Thank you for your reply John - and as mentioned, it's all very much appreciated :)

Would it be out of line to publish a list of airports already in the queue? Those in the works and those on the waiting list?

Sometime ago on one of these threads (maybe this one) I jumped in and asked for my home airport, Roswell NM (KROW). Someone replied it was already on the list. So I won't ask for it again...I know it's coming sometime.

Or would such a list just open up another can of worms?

Noel

Noel, just my 2 rubles here but I think it would not be worth the effort.  Neil has enough to do as it is, and there are a half-dozen guys that do these freeware airports. 

I have a handful in the works, and I don't mind sharing them, but I also take off on wild tangents to do some litle place that I wasn't planning to before.  Plus I'm not the most talented of the bunch, by a long stretch, so my projects sometimes require a little more 'guidance' from Neil than some of the others -- the implication here is that it is very hard to say which get done and when.

I will say that I have done one airport in NM already (KSRR) and I am very much interested in adding more.

KMWL, Mineral Wells, Texas.

One of the best small airports around.

We are the only airport between Fort Worth and Abilene that can handle large corporate jets, etc...

We have a lot of folks coming through there, and there is a huge heliport at the SE side, as Camp Wolters used to be the Primary helicopter training base for the flyers.

There is a lot of history here, tons, read about Mineral Wells, check out some AP photos and I think you will be chomping at the bit.

Thank you so much for your talent and consideration.

A reasonable explanation Ripcord. And thank you for KSRR (Sierra Blanca). When I was till flying a decade ago we used to fly from Roswell to Sierra Blanca from time to time. In fact when the German Air Force used bring their Airbus to Roswell for training flights they would also fly up to KSRR. The FBO there has pictures of them.

There are two Global airports for New Mexico now. Socorro was released a while ago.

Noel

• 2 weeks later...

KZZV Zanesville Municipal Airport, Zanesville, Ohio, USA

42I Parr Airport, Zanesville, Ohio, USA

OH36 Riverside Airport, Zanesville, Ohio, USA

Zanesville is located along the Muskingum River next to I-70, US22 and US40. It's the county seat of Muskingum County, Ohio. KZZV offers interesting instrument procedures (ILS with DME arcs; two VOR/GPS approaches), while there aren't any published for Parr and Riverside.

Many thanks for your previous projects, they're all awesome!
Greetings,

Hi Bermuda,

We have several static aircraft libraries to choose from.  Some are more detailed that others.  I generally use the less detailed, but wider choice library.  It keeps the FPS up and keeps the dupes down.

Cheers, Neil

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Folks,

Lest anyone think I'm not paying attention to this thread....KSHD will be in Pack 25, Pack 24 contains KZZV, 42I  and a group of 5 airports around 3W9 in West lake Erie that are done as a group, OH is well represented.  Look for Pack 24 any day now.

Cheers, Neil

• Upvote 2

I check it too and have done a number of airports that have been requested. There are a couple in pack 24 that were requested here including CYMJ Moose Jaw and MMES Ensenada Mexico. I do a lot of others that I find interesting but requests let me have a look to see if I can do an airport (It's hard to check all 24000 world airport so your suggestions help)

Larry

• Upvote 1

Hi hwh83, Jim,

Todd Harrell worked hard on KOSH but finally gave up, the photoreal was impossible to remove and it needed to be to make everything to look correct, I'm pretty sure that's what he told me.

Jim, I looked at KOGD, 1) it is quite big but I could live with that but 2) it's proximity to Hill Air Force Base (which is too big to do reasonably) would detract from whatever I could accomplish at KOGD so I chose to let it go, sorry. 

Suggestions of smallish to medium sized airports (2 runways or less), especially in the midwest would be very welcome. 

Cheers, Neil

Quote"Jim, I looked at KOGD, 1) it is quite big but I could live with that but 2) it's proximity to Hill Air Force Base (which is too big to do reasonably) would detract from whatever I could accomplish at KOGD so I chose to let it go, sorry." Quote:

KLGU  is just up the road and is the prefect size, I hope to see this one make the list one day.

Sorry for any repeats, but I have a few suggestions:

KLXV - Leadville, CO

KSBS - Steamboat Springs, CO

KGNB - Granby, CO

KEEO - Meeker, CO

KRIL - Rifle, CO

00C - Durango, CO

KGFZ - Greenfield, IA (Home of the Iowa Aviation Museum)

KAFK - Nebraska City, NE

50K - Pawnee City, NE

KFET - Fremont, NE

All small or small-ish airports that I think would be awesome additions!

This is my first request. I'm not sure if there are size limits to the airports included in the freeware packs, but I would really really like either KMDT- Harrisburg International (for an international it is quite small) and/or KCXY- Capital City Airport which is right across the river from KMDT and is more of the GA and Charter flight airport of the area. Thanks!

On 12/24/2015 at 9:16 PM, Mbaclawski said:

Quote"Jim, I looked at KOGD, 1) it is quite big but I could live with that but 2) it's proximity to Hill Air Force Base (which is too big to do reasonably) would detract from whatever I could accomplish at KOGD so I chose to let it go, sorry." Quote:

KLGU  is just up the road and is the prefect size, I hope to see this one make the list one day.

Another nearby that could use love is KBTF.  It may be too close to KSLC, but it is further away from Hill.  And it's just a single strip.  Getting the refineries/tanks in the area would be a huge help as well.  They just put a fresh runway down too (with slightly new heading)... https://www.facebook.com/712899682138935/photos/pcb.867864446642457/867864259975809/?type=3&theater

(It would also be nice if Vector had the roads on the north and south ends of the runway as they are larger than residential roads... but that's for another forum)

Long term I'm honestly hoping for a region south of CRM that covers the area, down to Monument Valley, and over to the Denver area. But that'll definitely be a few years if it's ever done.

Although Belgium already has a great deal of enhanced airports, I miss two of them: EBLE (Sanicole) and EBKH (Keiheuvel).

Sanicole has an annual airshow which is quiet huge and measures up with the bigger airshows in Europe.

Keiheuvel is a personal wish because as a child, I use to hang around there all summer and occasionally pilots took me in the air with them.

If these have already been mentioned, please disregard, but a few AK airports for those bush flyers would be wonderful:

PAUN Unakaleet

PABE Bethel

PAOT Kotzebue

Also there was a nice photoreal base for KOSH that was released that looks great and blends in very nicely with Orbx Global. I think it had a basic AFCAD with no parking and that was about it.

Thanks for all that have been done!

Edited by tdavart

13 minutes ago, tdavart said:

If these have already been mentioned, please disregard, but a few AK airports for those bush flyers would be wonderful:

PAUN Unakaleet

PABE Bethel

PAOT Kotzebue

Also there was a nice photoreal base for KOSH that was released that looks great and blends in very nicely with Orbx Global. I think it had a basic AFCAD with no parking and that was about it.

I'll add these to my list. The current pack will be out shortly and I have a lot to do for the next pack but may be able to get one of these done depending on how difficult they are.

Larry

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Neil Hill said:

Hi guy's,

Many good suggestions, I've got them all down.  I've added KCXY and KBTF to Pack 25 (those will two keep me busy for awhile).

Cheers, Neil

Thanks Neil, Skypark will be a great addition. It's always a little spooky landing next to all all of those tanks. 

9 hours ago, larryisenor said:
9 hours ago, tdavart said:

PAUN Unakaleet

PABE Bethel

PAOT Kotzebue

I'll add these to my list. The current pack will be out shortly and I have a lot to do for the next pack but may be able to get one of these done depending on how difficult they are.

Larry

Great to hear that on this 3 Alaska ones!! 

Can I request (I think it's the third time here, sorry to repeat myself) KAGC - Pittsburgh Allegheny County?? Or anything else in Brazil and South America?

Thanks guys!

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2014 at 0:00 AM, Jetstream1 said:

May I politely request Jersey (EGJJ) and Guernsey (EGJB).

Thank you Todd.

I'll second that please.  EGJJ (Jersey) would be very nice thank you.  I have Earth Simulations other Channel Islands scenery and they shut shop before completing EGJJ.  I would be happy to buy 'FTX Region' scenery of the complete Channel Islands and airports and perhaps even south into France around St-Malo and Mont-Saint Michel and east toward Lessay in the region of Normandy or perhaps even all of Normandy including the Channel Islands.  If only one then EGJJ please.  Thank you very much!

KMLI - Quad City Airport, located in the Quad Cities (Moline, Il,, Rock Island, Il, Davenport, IA, Bettendorf, IA, and East Moline, Il). Home of John Deere Headquarters.

Located where two rivers converge, the Mississippi and the Rock river. There are several very nice bridges, including the I-74 bridge (also called the Quad City bridge), Centennial Bridge, Mississippi Bridge (leading to the Rock Island Arsenal).

The Quad Cities is located west of Chicago by about 170 miles and north of St. Louis by about 262 miles.

The airport has 5 runways and flies non-stop to Phoenix, Las Vegas, Denver, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta, Washington Dulles, etc.