There's a Condor at Idaho Falls!

Jack Sawyer

5 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Fantastic views Jack and I like the u/c images, very different.

I was expecting a loop with you coming out of it to make a perfect touch down.

Oh well maybe next time.

Thanks Martyn.  I used to love to swing the gear in real life when it was on jacks.  I could do a loop but I would have to shut off the flight control switches on the overhead.

33 minutes ago, BlackburnBuccaneer said:

Nice shots.

It is a good job you were only flying round the block, 16% Fuel is not going to last long in that 777!

Thanks!  I agree, I had only short fuel so I had to get back on the ground, this was just another test, one, of the new livery and two to see if KIDA could handle a 777. :)

WHAT a takeoff and a spectacular landing in that Idaho cóndor Jack!  I was expecting maybe a somewhat smaller bird say with a 10’ wingspan and scaly talons, not rubber ones! :rolleyes:  Looks like you nailed your test once more, good on ya! :D

2 minutes ago, Wakashi said:

WHAT a takeoff and a spectacular landing in that Idaho cóndor Jack!  I was expecting maybe a somewhat smaller bird say with a 10’ wingspan and scaly talons, not rubber ones! :rolleyes:  Looks like you nailed your test once more, good on ya! :D

Thanks Roger, I know some people are really fascinated by the gear retraction so I did that for them.  And I know this isn't realistic but you know me, I have to be goofy sometimes.  

16 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

Well, what to say... maybe I should lock the keys away? Your excellent gear retraction shots cannot compensate for your faulty flap setting, tailstrike and hard landing. :angry::wacko::lol:

Thanks Lars, I knew the flaps were full, I wanted them to be that way.  :DAnd I didn't tail strike, I landed normally but right on the edge of the runway :huh:

19 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

Wow Jack!

Amazing shots

Those of the landing gear... incredible!

So tell me.. so different to see it than to fly it right, What a sensation right?

Captain Lars is gonna Sue you for stealing the keys :D

Thanks Carlos!  Did Lars create this livery?  If so I hope he doesn't mind that I have it.

I love these big jets, I fly them occasionally and someday I'll make a long flight.

For example, I was going to fly from Honolulu to Sydney in the 747 today but didn't have time. :(

24 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Carlos!  Did Lars create this livery?  If so I hope he doesn't mind that I have it.

I love these big jets, I fly them occasionally and someday I'll make a long flight.

For example, I was going to fly from Honolulu to Sydney in the 747 today but didn't have time. :(

I do love them too 747 & 777

Also like the 340 & 380 but don't fly them much except the Iberia one, it is gorgeous.

I find kind of boring flying overseas :-[

44 minutes ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Jack, I really loved the unusual angle shots of takeoffs and landings. I could hear the rumbles and roars and whines and howls as engines and flaps and gear all did their things in those concentrated moments. Very enjoyable. Thanks!

Thanks Rodger!  It's neat how that happens isn't it?

Archived