Let's fly to Juneau!

Jack Sawyer

3 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

Nice really very nice. I don't have Ketchikan (yet) but I love Juneau, was my first Alaskan scenery bought

Great sunset

Thanks Carlos!  It's a really cool place.  They're all good and Alaska is full of great places to fly to.

48 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Carlos!  It's a really cool place.  They're all good and Alaska is full of great places to fly to.

Alaska is amazing for flying

Yesterday I made a video at Homer (PAHO) will share it soon :-)  I hppe

16 minutes ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Jack, really interesting twilight flight. Could feel the light fading and the desire to get down before it disappeared. Not anxious, just more convenient. Great set. Thanks!

Thanks Rodger!  I used to love flying the sim at night but it doesn't make for good screenshots.  I remember a while back in FSX when I was flying and learning the Flight1 Mustang, I flew into somewhere in the mid west at night in a blizzard on an established approach and landed perfectly in zero visibility.  Man was I pleased with that!

7 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

Terrific bunch of excellent Juneau shots. The LDA approach to Juneau is tricky as you have to have at least some of the lead in lights in sight at the MDA. Wonderful shots.

Thanks Lars, it's always been one my favorite approaches.

23 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

Great LOD in #7 and in your last, about halfway up to the tower cab is a similar windowed section.  That was the tower cab back in '69 when I worked there.  

Thanks OND!  You actually worked the tower?  Very cool indeed, first you get to live in Alaska, then you fly your own planes AND work ATC.  What a life! 

Another great flight Jack, nice King Air with beautiful scenery and some changing weather.:)

10 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

A super sweet set of shots in a puissant airplane!

;)

Erik is lucky he didn't miss out the letter "u" .:o:huh::o:o

4 hours ago, jean marc said:

great tour Jack...Excellent shots with the beautiful King ...with the moon watching you at the beginning...wow the weather changes...was it real weather and Sky Force ?

Thanks Jean Marc!  I use HiFi's AS4 for weather so it was real as it could be as in real life.

12 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks OND!  You actually worked the tower?  Very cool indeed, first you get to live in Alaska, then you fly your own planes AND work ATC.  What a life! 

USAF got me there initially - decided I liked it - hired on with the Feds and stayed forty years.  Started in the old FSS - Yakutat - McGrath.  Towers - Juneau - Anchorage Merrill - Kenai - Anchorage Ted Stevens.  

Archived