EHAM oil rig

Jack Sawyer

Well, I found the oil rig, many thanks to Roger.

I don't know if the oil rig is P3D or Orbx but it's alive, it makes noise, things move and it's very cool.  And going back to NL TE with the new PC is amazing.  Orbx did an amazing job here, I hope to see more TE soon.

qQ2Q8Pw.jpg

DDJNnl9.jpg

fMc81iW.jpg

XpyThS7.jpg

This is my new Cherokopter!

q1470ud.jpg

2 hours ago, jean marc said:

great to see the oil rig Jack :) ... and I would like to see next your take of from the rig platform (without slew mode)... should hear a big "plouf:lol:

:lol: I agree.  I should have used a chopper and could have landed on it but I was in a rush to get there.  Now I have it stored in the GTN so I can take off from EHAM in the chopper and go right to it and have a real adventure landing on it!  I love this thing!

6 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Well, I found the oil rig, many thanks to Roger.

I don't know if the oil rig is P3D or Orbx but it's alive,

You are welcome Jack! :D  I do believe that it is a carry over from FSX Acceleration Expanision Pack Misssions  "Oil Rig Transport" where the rig blew up when you landed on the H pad and you had to rescue the workers off the rig, I know it is probably one of the best detailed ones out there that I am aware of atm.  Glad you found it with no problems!  I thought I was doing a fine job landing with a chopper on the pad, but a Cherokee, Amazing!! ;):P  Hope you get futher enjoyment from the rig! 

29 minutes ago, Wakashi said:

You are welcome Jack! :D  I do believe that it is a carry over from FSX Acceleration Expanision Pack Misssions  "Oil Rig Transport" where the rig blew up when you landed on the H pad and you had to rescue the workers off the rig, I know it is probably one of the best detailed ones out there that I am aware of atm.  Glad you found it with no problems!  I thought I was doing a fine job landing with a chopper on the pad, but a Cherokee, Amazing!! ;):P  Hope you get futher enjoyment from the rig! 

It's a wonderful play thing!  I remember that mission but I could never finish it in time, I just wasn't a god enough chopper pilot.  The Cherokee of course was slew as you know, I just wanted a goofy picture of it.  :D

9 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

This is my new Cherokopter!

Jack,

I am amazed at your innovative spirit! That is really a short field landing. You may have to disassemble to get the bird off the platform though.

Great shots!

Greg

19 minutes ago, gregmorin said:

Jack,

I am amazed at your innovative spirit! That is really a short field landing. You may have to disassemble to get the bird off the platform though.

Great shots!

Greg

Thanks Greg!!  I’ll just deploy my hidden rotor blades snd take off vertically ;)  :) 

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

I am glad that you have at last found your rig Jack.

You must have the only Cherokee with an arrestor hook!:huh:

Thanks Martyn!! :lol:  It also has real good brakes, and it’s doubles as a copter.  A Cherokopter :) 

Theoretically if a Helo sling loaded you out of there then got enough airspeed, you could be released and, if the motor started right away,  you'd still have enough airspeed to recover and fly on home :).  Now there's a scenario for your next set.

35 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

Theoretically if a Helo sling loaded you out of there then got enough airspeed, you could be released and, if the motor started right away,  you'd still have enough airspeed to recover and fly on home :).  Now there's a scenario for your next set.

Oh man, I’d love to be able to do that OND!  It would work too.

Nice one Jack.  You could get on that rig without using the slew command by just increasing the windspeed to about 80 kts and flying the approach at 75 kts or so.  You would only have to slow down from 5 kts on touchdown!!!

Kev

Archived