Older sceneries still masterpieces

JimNZ

What great scenery/airports are available to us.  New is not always the best.  Today I decided to fly some Airports that I have neglected lately.

KORS, what an exceptional Airport this is and the scenery just beautiful.  PNG,  Pago Pago, just to mention a few, there are just so many more.  I am probably referring this to the new pilots whom may not be aware of what came before they joined.  The standard, the sounds of birds, moving traffic and people they have got it all. 

The devs are so talented and those sceneries will always be a joy to fly.  

Jim/NZ

21 minutes ago, JimNZ said:

What great scenery/airports are available to us.  New is not always the best.  Today I decided to fly some Airports that I have neglected lately.

KORS, what an exceptional Airport this is and the scenery just beautiful.  PNG,  Pago Pago, just to mention a few, there are just so many more.  I am probably referring this to the new pilots whom may not be aware of what came before they joined.  The standard, the sounds of birds, moving traffic and people they have got it all. 

Jim/NZ

Couldn’t agree more Jim, I believe there’s one not sure which or there may be more where there’s butterflies flying around. Yep I think we have the best developers around. Derek.

31 minutes ago, JimNZ said:

Jim/NZ

And you haven't mentioned  yet the killer whales including the sounds they make, to be seen when coming in from the North to KORS.

KORS was my first separate airport, PNW my first region.

A short flight from Friday Harbour to KORS is one of my all-times favorites.

-Fred-

This is a great thread, and I could not agree more. KORS, Cairns, Hervey Bay, oh the list goes on...they are all so good, old to new. I still remember the magic of flying into and out of Alice Springs the first time...such a unique location and airport, and it all looks so wonderful. 

With you all on this 100%, I love the older scenery's.  I sometimes look at the newer sim screenshots (XPlane and the like) and envy the scenery, but then I think no, give me the older stuff any day. Teecee.

I too agree 100%. The PNW remains my favourite region with all of its great airports for flying :).

OK, the Australia region does need an update (coming soon), but most orbx releases are timeless IMO.

YSTW Tamworth is still one of my favourites and fills me with nostalgia each time I visit it, even though it is low tech and one of our first releases. I also find flying around YPEC really special with all the water detail there. I agree about KORS Orcas Island too, it never gets tiring visiting there.

I think you can feel the passion that was put into certain airports, that's what makes them special.

4 hours ago, John Venema said:

YSTW Tamworth is still one of my favourites and fills me with nostalgia each time I visit it, even though it is low tech and one of our first releases. I also find flying around YPEC really special with all the water detail there. I agree about KORS Orcas Island too, it never gets tiring visiting there.

I think you can feel the passion that was put into certain airports, that's what makes them special.

JV,

Thanks for that. I feel much better knowing that I don't suffer from orbx addiction, rather I have  " a passion for orbx".

6 hours ago, tonywob said:

Stark's Twin Oaks, Darrington, Concrete, Bowerman (and all the other PNW airports) are all gems and I still love using them after all these years. 

It's one thing to create an airport, but to create one with such atmosphere is an art :).

Agreed!  I spent about 2 -3 hours a few weeks back at Concrete in VR in P3DV4, just doing touch and goes and wandering around.  I literally walked from my plane, all around the airport, down to the main st, across the bridge and was really amazed at the detail.  It was the first time I had seen so much of it up close like that, and it was an awesome experience.

On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 10:14 AM, John Venema said:

I agree with you JV. The passion of the developers and just the 'general atmosphere' and detail of some of the orbx airports makes them very special. No one else has matched it! :)

Archived