London to Amsterdam

paulb

Today's flight is from London to Amsterdam (P3Dv4).

I am still learning the FMC. I managed the fuel, payload and flightplan with waypoints, but then I got lost.

So I flew manually.

Parked up at EGKK London Gatwick

JecaCeU.jpg

I must get some AI traffic

aG3lOgM.jpg

Ready on runway 08R

s4SghsY.jpg

Take off

8yrQtqQ.jpg

ngX0fpx.jpg

Leaving Gatwick behind

kXUsAxo.jpg

Heading east

CMhJGHv.jpg

Soon we approach the English Channel

75gJVuI.jpg

yUpsF0b.jpg

The coastline of Holland comes into view

iwWOlg6.jpg

A quick shot from Schipol tower

ArkYdnu.jpg

Landing at EHAM Amsterdam Schipol

esDF27Z.jpg

Taxi to the terminal

vwoKqNb.jpg

Ready to park up

HcITn5Y.jpg

I hope that you enjoyed our short flight.

It's ALIVE !!:D Nice work Paul, and I have enjoyed you learning about this aircraft. Some nice screenshots to go along with all the fun too :)  And I agree, you do need to get some AI traffic going...

7 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

It's ALIVE !!:D Nice work Paul, and I have enjoyed you learning about this aircraft. Some nice screenshots to go along with all the fun too :)  And I agree, you do need to get some AI traffic going...

Many thanks Landon! :) I totally agree with you - I should get some AI traffic! ;)

6 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Great flight Paul and your pictures are excellent!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you John!  :D    Well I found the airports (standard P3D) a bit plain even though I have orbx England and all of their global products installed.

4 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Awesome Paul!!  You've earned your jetliner wings today, I'm very pleased to see these and ain't it fun? :)

Thanks Jack! :D. Well, at least I can do the basics now and enjoy a flight! ;):lol:

2 hours ago, adambar said:

Doesn't suprise me in the least that everyone vacated the airport Paul. :D

LOL! :lol: Well I did pre warn the airports Adam and the friendly ATC gave me a special clearance! ;):D

2 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

That is the highest level you can achieve, paul: Doing an entire flight MANUALLY! Congrats.

You´ll manage the computers soon, I am sure. And Ultimate Traffic Live will end on your HDD as well, I suspect.

Thank you kindly Gerold! :D. Much appreciated.

Yes, I must look at getting UTL.

2 hours ago, boetie said:

Sorry Paul, I never realised that aircraft could actually fly! I just assumed its model name was "grounded". Well done on completing a Channel crossing.

Cheers Graeme :)

LOL Graeme! :lol:. Well, I was trying to treat it like a film release. Build up a little interest and anticipation first with a few trailers! ;)

Still learning and it is really like a sim within a sim! :o

Lots to learn, but it is very realistic and I am enjoying the experience :).

3 hours ago, caleb1 said:

Congratulations on the flight Paul! Great shots. The autopilot is relatively simple. Have you tried it yet?

Thank you Caleb! :). Yes, I am slowly exploring all of the features.

8 hours ago, European Mountain Man said:

Fantastic set of shots Paull and it looks liked you had a good flight and it looks like you enjoyed your self regards EMM

Many thanks Stewart! Yes, it all went pretty well in the end! :)

On 10-4-2018 at 11:16 PM, paulb said:

I am still learning the FMC. I managed the fuel, payload and flightplan with waypoints, but then I got lost.

So I flew manually.

Hi Paul,

Nice set of pictures from Gatwick to Amsterdam.

You said that you got lost....

I don't know P3D, but I think from the cockpit layout that this is the PMDG-version of the B738, right?

Did you use the PMDG Tutorial Flight 1...? (I think you did). This tutorial is part of the PMDG distribution. (B.t.w. Second tutorial is from EHAM to LOWI)

In this tutorial this flight is described in detail, including FMC, AP and even autoland. In my opinion it is a very good tutorial.

But flying manually is also quit a challenge.

Cheers Fred

29 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Hi Paul,

Nice set of pictures from Gatwick to Amsterdam.

You said that you got lost....

I don't know P3D, but I think from the cockpit layout that this is the PMDG-version of the B738, right?

Did you use the PMDG Tutorial Flight 1...? (I think you did). This tutorial is part of the PMDG distribution. (B.t.w. Second tutorial is from EHAM to LOWI)

In this tutorial this flight is described in detail, including FMC, AP and even autoland. In my opinion it is a very good tutorial.

But flying manually is also quit a challenge.

Cheers Fred

Hi Fred,

Yes, you are correct and this is the tutorial 1 flight.

I agree, it is a very good tutorial.

I normally fly a variety of different aircraft. My usual routine is to set fuel, payload, flight plan, flaps and trim etc and then just fly manually.

Most of my flights are short distance in small GA, so I rarely use the autopilot and ILS.

For this flight everything went well on set up and then I seemed to get lost with my FMC. So I just decided to fly manually! ;)

It all went well so I was happy! :D

I have only had this 737 a few days, so I expect that after a couple of weeks I will be able to master it :huh:.

Cheers Paul

Archived