Old A2A planes in P3dv4-2 - they fly !! P40 & Cub !! So happy

jean marc

(my first sceenshots post :-) 

Very happy to be able to use in P3D4v2 the wonderful A2A's P-40 & cub (and fly their amazing skins - many thanks to their creator !)

Oregon - 77S Creswell Hobby Field 

pFsiVZu.jpg

Washington near KBVS Skagit

Xz1HDXR.jpg

Oregon

RtadXTp.jpg

Ayers Rock

ISiaKPZ.jpg

over KEKA Merray Field

i8I1ZXq.jpg

9v0bmoG.jpg

Thanks Wakashi

Not easy process to finally have the accusim working. Firstly I set up of the files in a false (empty) fsx file and copy all these to P3d4 main directory

OK to get the planes but not working really fine : the engine stop shortly after start at every fly (with P3d4-0) and no possibility to restart (Accusim trouble...)

After the update to P3d4-2 (only client), I move the location of the accusim files (tools and so) to the main p3d4 directory in A2A file ...

Also I used the update of A2A (.exe file) merging the files ... And finally the accusim seems to work at present ...

Sorry - difficult for me to explain as I did it in several steps and several attemps during a few days ... I did not understand the process ! Try and it worth to look for !

Good luck ! ... 

Welcome Jean Marc!  Super nice shots, please post more!  And I'm absolutely amazed you got this working in 4.2.  I have 4.1 with no plans for 4.2 but still, quite an achievement.  I've been begging A2A to release them for P3D but have been met with silence.  Such is life.

19 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Welcome Jean Marc!  Super nice shots, please post more!  And I'm absolutely amazed you got this working in 4.2.  I have 4.1 with no plans for 4.2 but still, quite an achievement.  I've been begging A2A to release them for P3D but have been met with silence.  Such is life

Thank you Jack - maybe later for your going to P4.2...a beautiful bright yellow cub or P-40 for any "under bridge" fly :huh:

18 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Glad to see you have these working in V4.2.

Thank you - yes and it is a kind of miracle ... I tried many times and finally it works...

16 hours ago, adambar said:

Awesome looking machine and shots

Thanks - oh yes the shape of P-40 is great and so elegant and cub so nice to fly...able to land everywhere... 

11 hours ago, paulb said:

Great to see them in P3Dv4 

Thank you Paul 

NB : I made a mistake in my title : this is the A2A Cub without accusimpurchased years ago - and it works perfectly on P3d4-2 - and it is the P-40 with full accusim which seems to me to rightly work on P3d4-2

8 hours ago, BradB said:

Your off to a great start Jean Marc

Thank you Brad - As I said it is mostly due to the wonderful skins available on the net !  Beautiful plane, beautiful skin ... and beautiful scenery and sky ... just to put together :-)

3 hours ago, ikbenik said:

Great collection of superfine detailled aricrafts and a warm welcome as countrymate.

thanks for your contrymate welcome Ikbenik ! 

I hope other simflyers will try with success to get these wonderful birds on P3d4 ...  I plan to try next with the P-47 ... See you ...

17 minutes ago, jean marc said:

and it is the P-40 with full accusim

How can this work? accusim.dll is 32 bit to my knowledge.

The Piper clearly shows the two light beams under the wing. This is a strange anomaly which can be removed by disabling the cast shadows on the plane option.

Great screen caps BTW.

26 minutes ago, jean marc said:

Thank you Jack - maybe later for your going to P4.2...a beautiful bright yellow cub or P-40 for any "under bridge" fly :huh:

Thanks Jean Marc, but there’s absolutely no way I’ll ever go to 4.2.  It’s caused more problems for several of my add ons, from what I read it’s a mess and LM knows it.

It seems their patches cause more problems than they solve 

22 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

How can this work? accusim.dll is 32 bit to my knowledge.

The Piper clearly shows the two light beams under the wing. This is a strange anomaly which can be removed by disabling the cast shadows on the plane option.

I am a full novice about accusim dll - I can really not explain how it works but I made several flights with no problems. Just there were short vfr flights ... Maybe some troubles will occur during long flights ...may not :-)

The light could be normal due to the small aperture / window on the wing (see last vieuw) ?

I will check....

I check for the version of my A2A's P-40 : I fly in fact the A2A WOP3 P-40 which is not  the one with the full accusim extra add-on : I thought - due to the use ot the maintenance hangar popup - it was with the full accusim included in this model but it is not)

I installed yesterday the A2A's WOP3 P-47 (with new skins from T. Weiss from Lockon website - really beautiful in 4096x4096 textures) : flying very well with smokes & sounds when incorrect mixture and so ...

So the A2A Sptifire WOP3 should be ok also to fly with P3D4-2 : I will check and try this WE ...

here are some screenshots from Catalina, Oregon and Kern of WOP P47 and WOP3 P-40

BxVhEKe.jpg

6XrEGuB.jpg

PA3PHnU.jpg

ihbg15z.jpg

WOP3 P40 over Oregon & NCA Kern area

g7VzxMp.jpg

YMfnijf.jpg

25 minutes ago, jean marc said:

I fly in fact the A2A WOP3 P-40 which is not  the one with the full accusim extra add-on

That explains the working of the P-40. Thank you.

A2A should have made all their planes with and without accusim.

I'm eagerly waiting on someone who has managed the strip the accusim from the P-51 and the T-6 so that I can use them in P3D v4.

Great screenshots again Jean Marc!

4 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

That explains the working of the P-40. Thank you.

A2A should have made all their planes with and without accusim.

I'm eagerly waiting on someone who has managed the strip the accusim from the P-51 and the T-6 so that I can use them in P3D v4.

Great screenshots again Jean Marc!

The T-6 IS Prepard v4 ready...it is one of the few A2A aircraft that is, and has been since P3D v4 was released. SO, no waiting, you can fly the Texan now :) 

22 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

The T-6 IS Prepard v4 ready

Thanks for the tip but there are two versions of the T-6: the FSX and P3D version.

I unfortunately have the FSX version which is not updated to P3D v4 to my knowledge.

I continued this weed-end to introduce A2A Warbirds into P3D4-2 : good success with WOP3 Mustang P51D Civilian (with really beautiful new skins in 4096x4096 for T.Weiss Lockonsite and wonderful cockpit light effects...) but half succes with the WOP3 Spitfire for which the hangar maintenance is not fully functional at the moment - I will try  to update it  : maybe it will work next ... 

So in summary : flying very well at the moment on P3D4-2 : A2A Piper Cub J3,  WOP3 P40, WOP3 P47D, WOP3 Mustang P51D Civilian and uncertain for WOP3 Spitfire

I will share new screenshots later - on another post as maybe nobody is still reading this one :-)  ...

On 26-3-2018 at 10:56 AM, jean marc said:

as maybe nobody is still reading this one

I did read it but I'd like to know how you managed to get the WOP3 Mustang Civilian to work.

I have the military version but the accusim part could be a same implementation.

What I did was disabling all dll's in the panel.cfg and got a working engine but no prop-anim and controls are dead to, as are the gauges.

Or do you have the non-accusim WOP3 Mustang Civilian?

On 3/21/2018 at 5:35 PM, jean marc said:

Thanks Wakashi

Not easy process to finally have the accusim working. Firstly I set up of the files in a false (empty) fsx file and copy all these to P3d4 main directory

Thanks jean Marc, I may give it a try, not sure of myself enough to not screw things up big time moving that much stuff around! :wacko:  Glad you have yours working properly though! :)

On 27/03/2018 at 7:37 PM, bvdboomen said:

I did read it but I'd like to know how you managed to get the WOP3 Mustang Civilian to work.

I have the military version but the accusim part could be a same implementation.

What I did was disabling all dll's in the panel.cfg and got a working engine but no prop-anim and controls are dead to, as are the gauges.

Or do you have the non-accusim WOP3 Mustang Civilia

I install it into a factice fsx file (containing only fsx.exe) : I got 5 files (A2A-Effects-Fonts-Gauges-SimObject) that I put directly into p3d4-2  

I did the same process for WOP3 Mustang civ, WOP3 P-40, WOP3 P47 and wOP3 Spitfire - all of them being the basic version without the accusim addon : ok for the all planes to be recognised and to fly excepted for the wOP3 spifire for which the hangar maintenance is not active at the moment (I plan to soluce this trouble... maybe by last update ...)

• 11 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Jean Marc

Pulled the Spitfire out of the hangar last night.

Currently it has some issues that I can't fix in Hangar Maintenance. I see you had HM problem too.

Did you find a solution?

Were you able to Cold Start, [or even Hot Start], the Spitfire?

It's one I would like to get back in the air.

TTM

Hello TTM ... well quite a long time I did not fly this great plane ...

PS : other shots are on this previous topic 

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/155691-flying-the-new-a2a-spitifire-for-p3d4-with-old-skins-wop3/

well I need to retry ... I think it was ok at the end ... but not sure to be able to explain how :wacko:... I need to remind : I will look for this WE B)

On 10/17/2019 at 3:19 PM, TigerTigerM said:

Pulled the Spitfire out of the hangar last night.

Currently it has some issues that I can't fix in Hangar Maintenance. I see you had HM problem too.

Did you find a solution?

Were you able to Cold Start, [or even Hot Start], the Spitfire?

It's one I would like to get back in the air.

TTM

hello TTM everything is ok at present and since P3D4-2 (and using Accu-sim Spitfire MkI-II - P3Dv4 Academic)  - HM ok 

(initally I used the old WOP3 without accusim)

TTKsYBy.jpg

On 10/19/2019 at 5:56 PM, jankees said:

very nice shots!

I have the B-17 and P-47 working in P3Dv4.5, and as long as I switch off accusim, everything is just fine..

thanks Jan ! I love the P-47 ... and surely I will purchase the B-17 someday (PS:  your livery is great !) :)

On 22 octobre 2019 at 1:16 AM, TigerTigerM said:

Do you Hot Start or Cold Start them?

Well a long time ago I used to start in cold condition with the all steps magneto primer and so...but too long for me and usually a quick CTRL+E is sufficent for me :P I do not remember about trouble for cold start ... Need to check 8)

8 minutes ago, jean marc said:

Well a long time ago I used to start in cold condition with the all steps magneto primer and so...but too long for me and usually a quick CTRL+E is sufficent for me :P I do not remember about trouble for cold start ... Need to check 8)

JM

Another query to clarify my understanding.

Are you using the 'old' A2A Spitfire, or did you purchase the new A2A HD P3D v4  Spitfire that they produced?

8 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

Are you using the 'old' A2A Spitfire, or did you purchase the new A2A HD P3D v4  Spitfire that they produced?

Well see up #23 - I had the WOP3 spitfire without accusim and it fly but with some engine trouble when I had P3d4-0

I think it became much better with P3D4 v2 ... And fully Hangar Maintenance became fully ok next when I purchase the update for P3d4 :)

1 hour ago, TigerTigerM said:

Another query to clarify my understanding.

hello TTM, well I checked : I have just performed a full cold stard and see it is ok :

1 cold stard

0AUN2rr.jpg

2 engine running and take off

7L10amp.jpg

3 everything suits normally

the proof ... 

... a typical/classic end :

wkq1f6j.jpg

:P ... I have just been too quickly ... B)

(A2A spitfire Mk1/2 for P3d4)

Archived