Flying the new A2A Spitifire for P3D4 with old skins WOP3

jean marc

Just various shots with the great new Spitfire     (Flights over Alaska Bella Colla, Stewart ...  Washigton PNW S93... )

Happy that it is possible to use with the new A2A Spitfire for P3D4 the old skins of the WOP3 Spitifire available on avsim ...  :rolleyes:   :google:

e.g. a great one in "dark grey" by Steve Landau : Spitfire Mk IIb texture BM144 ... (maybe not as beautiful as the Sniper31's Black Eagle ... but this one is easy to find :))

8uO0riA.jpg

0e8j7jY.jpg

i79uihs.jpg

b9fvVEE.jpg

r4nKsli.jpg

vCqIBfb.jpg

weHTqF3.jpg

9HdXNqN.jpg

R601dFm.jpg

5Qievrq.jpg

2x10xjM.jpg

RHv3qqk.jpg

bXU76Tx.jpg

sLHdYwG.jpg

RJzcxMW.jpg

c26tTrU.jpg

gStyMvj.jpg

AND ALSO TO REMIND that P-40 is also a very beautiful one (flying over Stewart & Sekiu PNW) !

78hfWri.jpg

(NB : of course that's the place of the wonderful Jack's shot from the last contest !!)

m4y733m.jpg

txLIqZ8.jpg

AND TO END ... some Kangoos that I was so happy to find at Wilpena Pound after the setup of OZx3.0 inside P3d4 - it works (the idea came from a view of beautiful shots at that place by Martyn - thanks to you Martyn !)

21   on this side ?

EzX8Tf3.jpg

22  not ! on the other side !!

ALMQvW2.jpg

RKW5ovQ.jpg

(PS : for me it was a very great discover because I 've been hiking exactly at that place a few days... and many times watching close the kangoos... Well it was about 25 years ago ... travelling with my girlfriend (at present my wife) with rucksacks and so (tent...) ... after our studies and before to have kids ... years passing ... teenagers who will be able to do the same kind of travel in a few years !) 

NB : the real place is much more "orange" almost like in Alice Springs

17 hours ago, paulb said:

Great shots Jean Marc! :).  Nice choice of airplanes.

The new spitfire is the same model as the old FSX one which I have. Hence the skins for the old one fit the new one

Thanks Paul - I first thought it would be a new model for p3d4 and therefore not suitable for old skins :huh:  fortunately it is not :)

17 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Well Jean Marc, glad to see the Spit and all the other cool shots!  I liked each and every one off them, and the roos too!

always fine to watch spifire in action :lol:  ... as well as kangoos :D

17 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Spitfires always look good Jean Marc, no matter the livery ;) A bunch of nice shots!

Thankyou Landon - it is when I saw your post with the great Black Eagle 31 livery that I decided to purchase again another spitifre (4th one - after Realair, WOP3 fsx, AH Dunkirk,..) 

Impossible to resist against a beautiful new Spit :rolleyes:

16 hours ago, BradB said:

You are da man Jean Marc , you always have very engaging and entertaining posts . :):)

Thank you John !!

14 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Boy oh boy she’s a sexy old beast!

Great shots of her!!

indeed O0

14 hours ago, Bruce R said:

Yes, I've got a soft spot for the Spit as well.  I missed it after converting to P3D.  Nice shots.  You've got me pondering whether of not to get it for V4.2.

well ... so nice to fly in P3D4 ... and with so great liveries available ... I too hesitated a bit ... just a bit ...B)

12 hours ago, olderndirt said:

Love the 'Eagle Squadron' Spit.  Flew that a lot when I still used FSX.

I guess you are talking about the livery of Sniper31/Landon "BlackEagle" ? Oh yes it is a wonderful one ... but it seems not available on the web - a kind of private one :lol:

9 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots Jean Marc.

Thank you  Karl :) ( And it is done with a quite old PC ( 17" Laptop !!) - it will be much better in the (quite far) future when I will have a much power one... :rolleyes:)

2 hours ago, jean marc said:

I guess you are talking about the livery of Sniper31/Landon "BlackEagle" ? Oh yes it is a wonderful one ... but it seems not available on the web - a kind of private one :lol:

I was referring to 'XRD' - flown by William Dunn, member of 71 Squadron (first  Eagle) and first American ace of WW2.

3 hours ago, olderndirt said:
6 hours ago, jean marc said:

I was referring to 'XRD' - flown by William Dunn, member of 71 Squadron (first  Eagle) and first American ace of WW2.

ok I understand now - thanks for your explaination :) well - you are right !!  it is a lovely skin !!

I made a mistake about the texture name for the "dark grey" one (shots 1 to 11) : it is "texture.w3448" / Spitfire Mk IIb W3848 :

available on avsim file name "spitfire_durnford.zip" if somebody is looking for it 

"During the winter of 1941/1942, Spitfire Mk. Vb JU-H, believed to be W3848, of 111 Squadron RAF Debden, was painted as a night fighter and flown by Sergeant Peter Durnford. He was later shot down in a different Spitfire by flak, in November 1942 and taken prisoner. His final tally was 5 destroyed and 1 damaged".

Fantastic set with a great selection of aircraft and liveries.

I especially liked the Spitfire images but I would have thought the pilot would have had a big grin on his face flying a plane like that.

Happy to have lead you back to Wilpena too, a place I have yet to visit but hopefully one day.

14 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Fantastic set with a great selection of aircraft and liveries.

I especially liked the Spitfire images but I would have thought the pilot would have had a big grin on his face flying a plane like that.

Happy to have lead you back to Wilpena too, a place I have yet to visit but hopefully one day.

Thank you Martyn - yes the pilot should be so happy to fly this wonderful machine ...  a dream for all of us I guess...many dreams are difficult to realise and this one is almost like to expect once to fly to the moon :lol: ... Easier to go once to Wilpena and the Flinders range ;)

3 hours ago, European Mountain Man said:

Fantastic set of shots Jean marc nice to see the spitfire  and i love the sound of the engines regards EMM

Thank you Stewart (and yes you are right about the engine sounds - it is almost a pleasure to hear it :))

• 1 year later...

Archived