A few PTA tests

Adam Banks

32 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

BTW, do you know if the latest PTA, compatible with P3D v4.1 is also compatible with v4.0??

Good question - but I'm afraid I don't know! Best ask on the Avsim forums.

15 minutes ago, paulb said:

Looking good Adam. I prefer the green in the final shot, but I guess that is down to season/time of day?

It certainly does - but I was also messing with different weather presets. That's why #1 seems so bleached out (a bit of summer haze, I suspect).

There's still something a little "odd" about the [new?] lighting in P3Dv4.1. I can't put my finger on it, but even though the onset of darkness is now much better, I'm finding the sim goes from bright/saturated to dull/featureless quite quickly - depending on how much cloud cover there is. Somehow, itt just doesn't feel right - compared to 4.0.

Adam.

1 hour ago, Adam Banks said:

It certainly does - but I was also messing with different weather presets. That's why #1 seems so bleached out (a bit of summer haze, I suspect).

There's still something a little "odd" about the [new?] lighting in P3Dv4.1. I can't put my finger on it, but even though the onset of darkness is now much better, I'm finding the sim goes from bright/saturated to dull/featureless quite quickly - depending on how much cloud cover there is. Somehow, itt just doesn't feel right - compared to 4.0.

Adam.

I hope that you are wrong about 4.1. I find that even in v4, the brightness/saturation can vary significantly depending upon cloud cover.

2 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

Good question - but I'm afraid I don't know! Best ask on the Avsim forums.

Adam.

Then Envshade comes along. :)

TTM

Looking very nice indeed Adam; very fresh and clean B)

Apart from some custom entries in my profile, it seemed to work, more or less, as it did with v4.0. I'm now having to use other means to get the light and shade back in the clouds, but otherwise I'm happy with the new versions of sim and PTA.

13 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

What makes you think I know what I'm doing :D ... I just put a few random numbers in the boxes!!!

Adam.

One up on me. I'm still using this ..... :D

PS - these are absolutely top notch - the last one just makes me tingle all over ...

Cheers

Renault

1997+16+crayola+crayons0194edited.jpg

Love those crayons!!!!

Here are a couple more pics:

PTA does overcast too!

pta26_01_08_1350.jpg

pta26_01_07_1350.jpg

For those people that have already downloaded my 26_01 preset - you may want to re-download it as I made a fairly drastic change to water. I found *inland* water (lakes etc.) were being over-smoothed and looked flat and glassy, so I bumped up the wave size.

Adam

Adam.

6 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

Love those crayons!!!!

Here are a couple more pics:

PTA does overcast too!

pta26_01_08_1350.jpg

pta26_01_07_1350.jpg

For those people that have already downloaded my 26_01 preset - you may want to re-download it as I made a fairly drastic change to water. I found *inland* water (lakes etc.) were being over-smoothed and looked flat and glassy, so I bumped up the wave size.

Adam

Adam.

Thanks Adam you have done a fantastic job with this preset  and prdv4.1 is looking fantastic and it is all down to you my friend regards stewart

Archived