Little Navmap New Release 1.4

scottb613

Hi Folks,

Just a heads up - Alex released a new update with tons of new features - Little Navmap 1.4 - it's a complete moving map flight planning tool which now includes airspaces and procedures - it's finally replaced FSBuild for me which I've used for many years... It's a GREAT program and there is nothing little about it - and it's FREE... My favorite feature is that it databases all the airports in your scenery.cfg so you can then display ONLY those airports which have improved scenery - makes planning flights between the hundreds of ORBX improved airports a breeze... Best thing since sliced bread in my book and a true labor of love...

LIINK: https://albar965.github.io/release/2017/05/16/littlenavmap-beta-141-released.html

littlenavmapall140.jpg

littlenavmapairspace140.jpg

littlenavmapapproach.jpg

littlenavmap_airportdiagram2.jpg

Regards,

Scott

I am going to have to switch from Plan-G to Little Navmap. I have been aware of it for some time now, but every time I see screen shots and hear updates about it, Little Navmap just sounds better and better. Thanks for letting us know about this latest info Scott :)

I have been a beta tester for LNM for some time now and have observed first hand how much work Alex puts into LNM totally for free.

The software is continually improving and quickly became my No 1 flight planning tool and moving map for my flights. LNM and JoinFS (also free) have also greatly enhanced my friends and my P3D multiplayer experience .

The searching capabilities are very powerful as Scott has described and is an important feature of LNM. I strongly encourage you to read the manual (which is right up to date with the latest version) so you can best understand how to use this to plan your flights.

This is a fantastic program and I have been using it since I believe it was scot first talked about it. I was only thinking the other day that it could do with an update checker. Perhaps in future builds. One thing can we just overwrite existing program or need to delete old and install the new program. Derek.

Thanks for the heads up Scott.

Been mulling this over for a while now (dedicated Plan G user) and so I installed it last night. I wanted it set up over the network, and didn't really find this intuitive at first, but a few re-reads of the manual eventually got me going.

There's so many potential things to do, I suspect it will be a bit of a learning curve, but from what I've seen of it so far, I'm really happy I took the plunge!

Cheers

Jack

Hi Jack,

Yeah - never tried the networking - honestly - I don't use the moving map features either - as I don't have a spare PC to use and I prefer my moving map EFB function on my iPad... I close all but (4) of the windows for strictly the "planning" aspects... Makes the interface a little cleaner... It's so enjoyable to pan around and visualize all the addon airports I have installed when trying to decide on a flight... The other feature I really like is when you zoom into the airport - all airports have diagrams illustrating the parking - makes quick work for planning... Oh - I think there is an export if you like to send your flight plans straight to your GTN as well... I'm going to try that FSAerodata update to bring all my base NAVDATA up to present... I've seen Alex has attempted to contact the vendors of the more popular NAVDATA sources for inclusion - but they seem to be ignoring him...

Regards,
Scott

Scott, with the networking thing I got confused because it said to install LMN Connect on the Flight Sim PC - so that was all I did - I eventually had a light bulb moment and realised I should be installing the whole file on there :)

I've only had about 45 minutes playtime, but I do really like the zooming in on the airports feature and seeing the gates and taxiways!

I don't have the GTN, I normally use the moving map feature of PlanG (now it will be LNM) - it's on my list of things to do, to really get my head around a good gps unit :)

as a great lover of Henrik's AI ships, the fact that you can see them in LNM is a huge bonus for me!

Cheers

Jack

6 hours ago, Holy Cheese said:

as a great lover of Henrik's AI ships, the fact that you can see them in LNM is a huge bonus for me!

This really excites me too Jack. I LOVE Henrik's AI shipping and I often divert from my flight plan to over fly a spotted ship, sometimes several times. It will be nice to have a better picture of where those AI ships are when planning flights. I know Henrik has the route documents included with his scenery packages, but having the ability to more tasks within one application is always something I prefer. Very cool feature of LNM!

With a couple of the new features, I will now switch from Plan-G to LNV.  The only thing I'll miss is the csv files.  Very handy with RTMM.  Maybe I'll hold onto Plan-g just for that.

Hi Folks,

Yeah - I've got to load those ship packages up as well - the models look absolutely incredible...

What CSV files Geezer ? If you need something that might be useful post it on Alex's thread on AvSim - he's proven himself more than open to suggestions...

Regards,
Scott

Dieter made some csv files at RTMM for the misty moorings program but he also made them for orbx regions and a few other things.  All very nice and helpful in Plan-G because they show where the PoIs are (like Brad's bbq for examle) on the map and it's easy to make a plan to or over them.  A few months ago I tried out LNA and posted on his forum suggesting the addition of csv files and he said iirc he might add that in the future.   

Hi Folks,

Yeah - great program - use it on every flight - VFR and IFR...

Hi Stew,

Three little airport icons in the middle of the tool bar in the pix above - select ONLY the airport icon with the star - the left most - and uncheck the other two to the right...

The caveat - you need to run the database function first under the "scenery library" directory... This is a one time deal anytime you modify your scenery.cfg...

Regards,
Scott

Hi All,

thank you all for the kind words, but actually I was selfish because I needed another flight planner myself.:)

Regarding CSV: Already planned, including bookmarks, user defined waypoints and stuff. I'll put this into the next major release 1.6.

There is a long list of tasks that will keep me busy for some time ...

Alex

This is a great addon to have, discovering it after reading this thread. The feature I enjoy most is the ability to easily see the parking spots at airports. Having the option to see the various WX reports is also something that quickly grabbed my eye. A great pre-flight tool indeed. Many thanks Scott! If you are at Flight Sim Con this year I'll buy you a drink (or seven!)

6 hours ago, albar965 said:

Hi All,

thank you all for the kind words, but actually I was selfish because I needed another flight planner myself.:)

Regarding CSV: Already planned, including bookmarks, user defined waypoints and stuff. I'll put this into the next major release 1.6.

There is a long list of tasks that will keep me busy for some time ...

Alex

Hi Alex, I would also like to welcome you to the forums. 

I have not installed your programme as yet, but I am looking forward to doing so and learning how to use it.  Thank you.:)

Hi Alex

After all the work that has gone into this I am amazed its is FREE.  I am looking forward to exploring it. I have PFPX which although being obviously very good, has turned out to be a bit too complicated for an old bloke like me. Many thanks :).

Cheers

simdown42

@albar965 Thank you again Alex, I have been using your great app for a few months and enjoy all its features. The only thing I missed was Airspaces, but now with ver. 1.4 we have them and it is now near perfect.

Anton via Tapatalk Pro

Not sure what to say really... this is not only beautifully realised, but making it available for free to the community is quite frankly admirable! Thank you Alex, really.

I know you don't really want donations of any kind, so i'll be buying your wife's book even though i don't really speak much German at all.. ;)

Cheers!

thanks for the heads up on this. I installed it a few days ago and am still getting acquainted, but so far it seems to be a valuable tool. The learning curve is a bit more complex than Plan G, but the capabilities of this program are also more complex. I think this is one of those program which will grow in favor the more I learn about and use it.

Sherm

• 2 years later...

Archived