NA LC Release watch

gregmorin

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, I'm unable to log back into my account at FSS.

It's clear that the Flightsimstore was woefully unprepared to deal with the release of openLC North America.

Oh well, I've waited almost 10 years for scenery like this so I suppose I can wait a few more days.

You guys clearly have no clue what you're talking about. Didn't any of you see the post from JV earlier in this thread? If you missed it he said  "The servers can handle the demand, Adrian at FSS is on the job, don't fret. We will have about 6+ nodes to choose from."  So there..............relax..........it's all OK..........

Downloaded all files since 12:00PM BST. Only parts 1, 2 and 4 have been 100% finished. Part 3 is currently at 72%. I have started installation. Have already reached the stage where I need Disk 13, which is in part 3. I used DownloadThemAll.

4 hours ago, pmb said:

Download performed with full speed (CDN3), really impressed. And, yes, the discount was applied automatically.

I used more than one server but I was able to do it easily enough.  I jumped on it about a half hour after Ed posted so probably I beat the some of the heavy traffic.

I can't even access the FS website now. The http request just never gets answered, i.e. "waiting for www.flightsimstore.com".

FSS is simply overwhelmed.

Folks in Europe are up and about and the U.S. just woke up within the last few hours so it makes sense that most of the traffic to FSS would occur during this time period.

Hopefully by tonight here in the U.S, things will settle down and we'll finally be able to get this much anticipated scenery.

Dave

Downloaded Part 1 and then made the big mistake of logging out of FSS and extracting Part 1. The extraction of all files was successful, but now I can't even log into the FSS website to download Parts 2-4.

Roll Call. How many people have downloaded all 4 parts successfully?

If they have, they're probably flying and not on the forums!

9 minutes ago, JohnE77 said:

Downloaded Part 1 and then made the big mistake of logging out of FSS and extracting Part 1. The extraction of all files was successful, but now I can't even log into the FSS website to download Parts 2-4.

Roll Call. How many people have downloaded all 4 parts successfully?

If they have, they're probably flying and not on the forums!

Part 3 just finished (parts 1, 2 and 4 have heached 100% a long time ago) and extracted. Now to finish installing.

EDIT: Finished installing.

I made the mistake of trying to reconnect for part three and can't get back in.  At one point I was measuring download in bytes per second.  Never mind.  I'll have a crack tomorrow when I get home from work, before the U.S. gets up Monday morning.  Still plenty of other places to fly if it takes a day or two.  Not overly concerned...

I purchased OLC NA about 5 minutes after the release announcement. I took me just over 2 hours to download the 4 parts. The installation was successful, but I haven't yet flown with it yet. I can't seem to decide where to fly, since there are so many great choices!

Even though I also have OLC EU, AUS, and all of the western US/Canada regions, OLC NA will significantly enhance flight simulation.

Frans

Looks like FSS is making some changes to their servers, this is the message I just got:

Temporarily Unavailable

In order to provide a continually reliable service to our customers, The FlightSim Store is now in the process of making changes to our servers. This means that for a short while our website is unavailable.
Please check back soon. We appologise for any inconvenience caused.

I got the dang thing all downloaded and now I can't register the product because it says server did not specify content length...  Was really hoping I could fly it before I go to work in the next few hours.

Sorry everyone, the servers are getting absolutely hammered! We expected strong demand for OLC NA but this release is breaking all records.

When we open the new store we will have an instant scale-up option using Akamai, the fastest servers on the planet.

Please bear with us during the launch 24 hour period, it should settle down tomorrow.

Oh, and a big THANK YOU for the amazing support for Orbx, the entire team appreciates it!

1 minute ago, John Venema said:

Sorry everyone, the servers are getting absolutely hammered! We expected strong demand for OLC NA but this release is breaking all records.

When we open the new store we will have an instant scale-up option using Akamai, the fastest servers on the planet.

Please bear with us during the launch 24 hour period, it should settle down tomorrow.

Oh, and a big THANK YOU for the amazing support for Orbx, the entire team appreciates it!

John,

Congrats on the launch, I am still waiting, but it will be worth it! Keep up the great work!

So, first flight done.

Not the spectacular flight this time, start at Grand Canyon to Page.

The green is gone and Page looks nice.

Frames realy good-from 150 to 120 without Cockpit. (124 in the picture)

But I think there will go down in Big-City´s

But one thing-the Rivers also with ups and downs like LCEurope-wasn´t  a patch planned for this ????

2016-7-31_18-3-1-111.jpg

1 minute ago, John Venema said:

Thanks JV,

I was lucky, I was in the FSS site, and their icon advert popped up, so I purchased even before FTX stated it was for sale, took about 3 hrs to download, my download speed was only about 1725 m/s, with a few breaks in downlowding, but now installed and appears OK...I was just lucky I guess,,,thanks for a great release, and all the hard work from the team!

Cheers,

2 hours ago, JS07 said:

Thoughts?

First impressions?

Beautiful?

Frames?

VAS?

So far, only flown over California, Nevada and Utah. Huge improvement over where we were. LC placement looks really good so far. No issues with VAS so far. However, frames around Salt Lake City dropped dramatically. But I'm pretty sure I know why. With proper LC placement, the size of the city and suburbs effectively doubled, which, of course, doubles the amount of autogen. Near KSLC with moderate AI traffic has always been right on the edge for me, so I wasn't surprised by the drop. Lowered my autogen to normal and vegetation to very dense for acceptable frame rates.

2 hours ago, JS07 said:

Thoughts?

First impressions?

Beautiful?

Frames?

VAS?

Started in Illinois south of Chicago. Beautiful farmland scenery!! Just gorgeous. I noticed a drop in smoothness though but not too bad, normally my flights in this area are totally smooth. 

Flew on to Muskegon, Michigan, and the shoreline is messed up. The entrance from Lake Michigan to Mona Lake has a beach extending over the entrance to the lake and they're not entirely connected either, some land covers it. Along the entire shore here there are waves crashing slightly inland and not at the beach. 

On to Lehigh Valley Intl Airport and surrounding area. So many roads are messed up and river water colors abruptly change between three textures.

Needless to say I'm a bit bummed about the last two areas. But textures look great and Illinois was outstanding! I hope as I explore other areas things will improve. I did run the vector correction tool before I started and I'm on Prepar3d v3 current build, also recently did an entire reinstall and had no issues prior to this. 

I started download at 4am MDT, about an hour after it was released. Just lucky. Something woke me up, so as long as I was awake, I figured I'd check to see if it was released yet, and it was! Started with CDN 3, but it said "5 days" to download. Moved to German server and it took just over 2 hours for all 4 parts.

Archived