NA LC Release watch

gregmorin

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I  write this, I have three of the four parts downloaded and unzipped. The fourth part (which is actually part 3) is coming in very slowly and with 56% down, the DL Manager reports there is another 5:30 hours to go....at a rate of 64kb/s. I have tried to get back into FSS and initiate a fresh DL, but all channels in are jammed. Though I am able to log onto my account, I have not been able to go further. This is not a complaint, merely an observation that patience is required. I had hoped to initiate a fresh DL, from a different server that might move more quickly. So far, no go....and so it goes....

Sherm

3 minutes ago, Nick Alexander said:

Why don't orbx sell products like this on more than one store? The strain on the FSS server is obviously immense and I haven't even been able to complete a purchase with FSS for the past two hours...

Orbx is indeed building a new faster online store, that I understand should be available later this year.

I was lucky and saw on the forums that it was out and got in 30 minutes after release.

Downloaded parts 1,2 and 4 between 43 minutes and 1 hour 22 mins but had to leave part three when I went to bed and that took 3 hrs 22 mins.

After a pretty dismal day yesterday something went reasonably well.

Now ready to install later on this morning.

The problems on the FSS site are only to be expected with such a huge demand at one time.

It is all JV and the ORBX teams fault for constantly producing such wonderful sceneries:lol:.

19 minutes ago, DesertPilot said:

Orbx is indeed building a new faster online store, that I understand should be available later this year.

More details on the new OrbxDirect store that is under construction, that hopefully should be available for the next record-breaking Orbx product:  :)

3 hours ago, John Venema said:

We expected strong demand for OLC NA but this release is breaking all records

Glad to hear it! Hope you guys make a bundle - we get a lot of free goodies and support out here so 'bout time you all got some payback. Thanks for the products, and thanks for the nostalgia flashbacks - this is all reminding me of the buzz waiting for DOS 5, DOS 6, and Win95. Strange what we can get excited about, ain't it?

Wouldn't you know it!!!

Every time, every single time and it's bloody creepy, whenever I want to download large files we have a SEVERE thunderstorm, it took out power which dumped the computer which in turn I lost my #2 download.  Got only #1 so far.  It's gonna be a struggle to get this.  Wish I could walk into a brick and mortar store like in the 80's and just get it on a few DVD's.

ARGH!!!  :angry::angry:

On 30/07/2016 at 5:32 AM, John Venema said:

The servers can handle the demand, Adrian at FSS is on the job, don't fret. We will have about 6+ nodes to choose from.

Famous last words, I have been trying since last night (Australia time) and cannot even log onto the FSS website let alone download the OLC file which is about 10 GB.

Started at 7am EST & finished at 4pm EST.

There were 4 zip files to download.

Can someone who has successfully downloaded & installed it tell me which file has:

Orbx FTX Open LC NA 110.exe?? as its missing from the 3 files I can open.  #4 is corrupted so I have to go back & try again.

Thanks

TTM

Installing right now.. It took several attempts to login to FSS, the site was kind of slow today ...

Once I had the purchase done, the download itself from CDN servers has been fantastic, I got 5mb/s most of the time...

Very curious now...

I've been trying consistently for about eight hours now.  Happily, I was finally able to complete the purchase.  But I have yet to get anywhere close to the page of download links.  

The upside is that this product (and this company) is being recognized and appreciated for the quality they offer.  People are voting with their dollars -- and I am very pleased with that.  I enjoy ORBX's products so much, and I want them to remain superlatively successful, and continue making me as happy as I have always been with their exceptional products!

The downside for me is that the connection I'm on right now is very fast, while the connection I'll be using tomorrow is painfully slow.  So while I'm not actually annoyed by this inability to download OpenLC NA right now, it will indeed become painfully frustrating if I have to wait till tomorrow -- where the download (even under ideal server conditions) will likely take more than the entire day.  Still, if that's the worst of my experiences with FTX (and I think I can honestly say that it is), then what have I to complain about?

Keep up the phenomenal work FTX, and B-R-E-A-T-H-E fellow simmers! ;)  One more day isn't going to break me....

3 hours ago, FireRx said:

which server you guys downloaded from??? wow. been at it fro 8 hrs now :(

I downloaded from the global1 server. I kicked it off at 3AM Pacific time, it took an hour for all four to finish. I'm in San Diego, CA.

Hang in there guys!

I spent from 6AM to 3PM CST today coaching along a total of 5 SLOW downloads (my Part 1 failed and had to be restarted).

But finally I got them all and at the end it seemed like it was speeding up...

Quick tip - if you forgot your FSS number etc and can't log into the Flightsimstore due to demand, use your email to get the codes.

In any case, I can sympathize with the frustrated but once you do get your downloads it is totally worth the wait - at least for Wisconsin flying - it's what I dreamed a Wisconsin "region" would look like its so good!

Well, fwiw, I live on an island in the middle of the Pacific ocean, and it took me about 30 mins of concerted effort to login to FSS, make my purchase of NA Open LC, and then start the download of part 1. It has taken about 2 hours to download the first part, which is at 2.7 gb of 2.9 gb. Perfectly acceptable on the day of such a popular release. While its downloading, I am continuing to fly around the myriad of other Orbx scenery areas that I enjoy....there are many :)

2 hours ago, DesertPilot said:

More details on the new OrbxDirect store that is under construction, that hopefully should be available for the next record-breaking Orbx product:  :)

DesertPilot, I love how you're always in the know and post helpful info. I see your name pop up a lot and you're able to direct us to other posts that answer questions. Thanks for that! 

Hi guys, is anyone else having issues with download managers taking very long to connect/request info about the file before starting the download? Is this part of the download gridlock? I'm trying to use the cloud server, BTW.

1 minute ago, Juanvito said:

Hi guys, is anyone else having issues with download managers taking very long to connect/request info about the file before starting the download? Is this part of the download gridlock? I'm trying to use the cloud server, BTW.

Yes, I have a very fast high bandwidth internet through AT&T yet if I can even get on FSS I keep getting the 584 errors.

I have only part 1 now and have no idea if it's corrupted as others have mentioned and I have experienced before.

And this took about 8 hours so far.

On the one hand I'm glad I got the discount and look forward to seeing it, I'm disappointed that the nodes are not capable.

I guess this will try my patience but such is life, a minor annoyance that will be forgotten a month from now but it sure is not pleasant right now.  There must be a better way to deliver a product.

Best,

Jack

18 minutes ago, Dieter said:

@JJJackson

Is this price correct? (or did you mean "Euro"?)

Dieter,  If you have OLC Alaska and Canada then a discount will be added to your order, if also you have the youthful elders discount (OAP) then a further discount is added.  I being of both parts, paid UK£18.40.  E21.80  :)

Best wishes

James

Archived