NA LC Release watch

gregmorin

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greg, as I too watch and wait, I'm right now downloading NA Northern California to go along with my PNW Blue.  All that said, I'm curious how the POS systems will handle the large discounts for previous buyers of NA Alaska / Canada.  I hope its as seamless as it was for me to download FTXNAGoldNCA120.zip which just popped up in my notifications and said, "...finished downloading."

Which means its time to stop waiting, and start doing! Installing I mean!!! :-)

Braun

I've decided to wait a couple of weeks. Life's too short to deal with stuff like this.  I need to format my flightsim SSD and start over again anyway. This will give me a chance to only load OpenLC NA and get the full effect in what would normally be the NA Regions.  More bandwidth for you guys.....:)  . (You're welcome).....:lol:

Doug

5 minutes ago, John Venema said:

The servers can handle the demand, Adrian at FSS is on the job, don't fret. We will have about 6+ nodes to choose from.

This will be us if the servers do decide to have a meltdown.  Can't wait!!!

36 minutes ago, John Venema said:

The servers can handle the demand, Adrian at FSS is on the job, don't fret. We will have about 6+ nodes to choose from.

I don't think so. But I'll be more that glad to eat my hat if I'm wrong. I'm still going to wait a couple of weeks.     -     Doug

3 hours ago, Stewart Hobson said:

I'm gonna hold off until all you guys are asleep!  Ha!

And I will be downloading once YOU go to sleep Stew :) Hawaii is last for everything when it comes to timezones, except for I think Guam. Our New Zealand and Aussie friends will already be waking up, sipping coffee (or tea)  and exploring the scenery before I have even started downloading, most likely....haha

1 hour ago, John Venema said:

I have every faith in John and Adrian having prepared for the positive response LC NA is going to bring. I will purchase and download as soon as I see it released!

This going to be fun.

Greg

I, too, am TOTALLY pumped for this!

Finally, the ability to fly around my native Wisconsin and Midwest with what looks like near-region quality scenery!

Even "Global" looks pretty good, this is going to be incredible.

Still, I hope we someday see the release of the Orbx "Upper Midwest" region - and other NA regions.

Wasn't there talk of an East Coast region?

And think of all the cool airports that will be developed as add-ons to support this LC package (hopefully).

Definitely on download watch, credit card ready! :)

Steve

5 hours ago, John Venema said:

That's good news JV.

The product notification on the FTX HomePage is up.

You can download the Manual now.

Makes interesting reading.

There is a map of the world divided into future LC regions.

Also, Iain Emms is a "Screenshot Artist, but John Lovell is a "Screen Shot Artisy" - Not sure if the latter is a typo or a new title.:)

Recommend you read the manual. A lot of useful info in there.

In particular suggest you read P.9 as you may need to tweak the Scenery Library.

Congrats to team who put Open LC NA together.

TTM

25 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

Also, Iain Emms is a "Screenshot Artist, but John Lovell is a "Screen Shot Artisy" - Not sure if the latter is a typo or a new title.:)

What a bummer, it looks like ORBX will have to cancel the upload procedure in order to correct that typo. Weekend lost... ;)

My experience with past 1st day "anticipated" purchases have been nothing short of disappointing.

I will still get NA LC on time of release, but I'm anticipating slow download speeds and lots of "I told myself so." :wub:

It's after 10pm in Australia right now which is where the flightsimstore is located, and I'm doubtful their staff is up right now working.  I'm expecting openLC NA to become available about 12 hours from now.

Of course, I could be wrong.  After all, I was wrong about the release being at least 2-3 weeks away...

Dave

The wait is almost over but the teasing continues! :-)

OLC NA US is now posted on the product board as "complete".  Looks just like any other ORBX offering, just missing a "Buy" button LOL!

Soon, soon.  BTW, in my first post to this thread I mentioned I was getting Northern California yesterday to "help me wait". I did and also topped it off with Southern Alaska.

Mixed feelings.  Alaska is fantastic.  Gorgeous and BIG, just like Alaska.  N. Cali?  A visual improvement over stock, but it takes a noticeable frame rate hit.  This is not just my opinion, I see there is a specific topic on this.  Regardless, it is not a show stopper or anything like that for me, just an observation.

Braun

1 minute ago, JS07 said:

Should we start a pool on when it'll be released?

My money's on next Saturday.

no!!!!!!!!!! it's a long weekend here! please tomorrow!!

Although I don't know if anyone works Sundays so I guess it's unlikely

Archived