Orbx SitRep: Migration, OLC NA, Store etc

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, JJJackson said:

Where does the figure 1-2% come from? Is it possible that NOT everyone with problems post it on the forum? 

Jack

the Swede in Spain

Very likely, IMO. I myself discovered my first post-migration issue rather late and only after testing several locations in all FTX regions which had been displayed OK.

Will be good to know also where the official "fixer tool" release will be announced. Will it be in this thread? If so, I need to bookmark. So many threads/forums about these problems that it is hard to keep track of news on the fix.

Thanks, John....I am always surprised when I read posts from dissapointed simmers who do not seem to realize how complex our hobby really is and do not understand that with tens of thousands of computer configurations, not all software will operate perfectly on each configuration. I give John and the ORBX staff, not to mention the volunteers who frequent this board full credit for trying to make things right for those of us who love flight sim, but do not always have the full technical skills to figure out all the solutions we need.

Sherm

" FTX BuildingsHD " Interested in hearing more about this! I know with FTX Trees you can have your vegetation slider all the way to the right and not suffer really any negative effect. I wonder if this will allow the autogen slider to go all the way to the right now?

1 hour ago, bradley27 said:

I thought Asia would follow North America OpenLC???? Thats how it was depicted in the plan...

The LC areas order of release your speaking of was posted a couple of years ago and obviously Plans have been adjusted over time.

Thanks for the comprehensive update, it's appreciated.

I guess you've put all possible effort into a resolution and I hope for success but I'm patient too: the GI world is complex and you're not working with a standard build.

Your products improve my simming immeasurably so it's worth waiting for.

Thank you, Rupert

3 hours ago, B777LR said:

" FTX BuildingsHD " Interested in hearing more about this! I know with FTX Trees you can have your vegetation slider all the way to the right and not suffer really any negative effect. I wonder if this will allow the autogen slider to go all the way to the right now?

Not very probable. For more info see this interview with Ben at AirDailyX: BuildingsHD at FlightSimCon

Thanks for the update.  I have been waiting, sometimes patiently, for the remaining installers. ;D   I fly 80%Commercial to 20% GA so I have a little concern about VAS issues with the OpenLC NA since I have to be careful flying PMDG in the current SCA Los Angeles area but overall I have really enjoyed Global so I am hoping for the best!  Lots of new things coming and it is exciting to see the hobby grow with realism.  Thanks ORBX. 

On ‎02‎.‎07‎.‎2016 at 9:25 PM, John Venema said:

Blurries are *always* related to conflicting LC vying to display the same class of textures. I can assure you that blurries can be cured with a proper migration.

Almost all the problems people are experiencing are related to the makeup of their sim addons and an incomplete migration process.

I have completely reinstalled FSX SP2. Everything is going great with only FTX Global, no blurring of textures with installed libraries 160528. Blurry textures appears after installing FTX OpenLC Europe. I reinstalled FSX SP2 again, installed FTX Global and FTX OpenLC Europe, but  installed  library 160321. Blur no. I decided to leave the library 160321.

Thanks John , for the excellent update.   If there isn't a major reason for me to upgrade to P3d v4,  I'm going to hang on v3.3.5 for a while. Until things settle and I can make an accessment of all my Orbx upgrade cost to the new version.   Like I said they must have  something compelling to offer me to upgrade next time. :) 

Thanks for a comprehensive update - it's good to know what is happening and the underlying reasons.

The problem with blurries that have been reported since the Unified LC update are most likely due to the sim wasting cpu cycles trying to resolve the LC lookup mismatches for those affected. Blurries are in general a sign that too much is being asked of the sim so that the scenery rendering engine does not have enough time to complete it's work. In this case some processing time is effectively being wasted so a fix for the LC lookup should cure those blurries.

For what it's worth, it all sounds great to me. For me personally, it's Orbx that has made the whole flight sim experience valid. I'm not a procedural flyer, and have always been drawn to this great hobby/obsession simply by the idea of having a whole virtual world to play in. Flying around it is a bonus in some ways. I keep adding scenery items from all sorts of vendors, and in a lot of cases it's the old triumph of hope over experience (I even just bought another photo-scenery package - the demo video looked great, but it never feels right when I use it) but Orbx always stands out way above the rest. Not to say there's not other great stuff out there (Aerosoft's Boston and some of their other " X" products are magic, likewise the unpronounceable Polish magician and his New York City and similar), but Orbx is really in a class of its own, in my opinion.

So thank you to JV and all the other wizards at Orbx, and announcements/updates like this are always greatly appreciated. Looking forward to whatever comes next, in whatever order. And if occasionally - s**t happens, I have full confidence that it will get sorted, and I wouldn't say that about most other software vendors.

Keep it up, and thanks

Andy

On 3/7/2016 at 2:04 PM, shermank said:

Thanks, John....I am always surprised when I read posts from dissapointed simmers who do not seem to realize how complex our hobby really is and do not understand that with tens of thousands of computer configurations, not all software will operate perfectly on each configuration. I give John and the ORBX staff, not to mention the volunteers who frequent this board full credit for trying to make things right for those of us who love flight sim, but do not always have the full technical skills to figure out all the solutions we need.

Sherm

I completely agree.

As an FYI, i am running fsx (sp2) on a windows 7, fairly high end i7 system, and like other posts here, I am also experiencing "the blurries". All updates, to date, have been installed including the newest Vector. 

I appreciate the fact John and Orbx is keeping its customers in the loop, with the promise of pending fixes. This has been a particularly frustrating issue.

If there is a time frame for these updates/fixes, please advise.

Much appreciated.

Thanks.

Stofvel

Archived