openLC EU final pricing

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never knew the price would have been set lower at anytime. Anyway, these 25 Euros will be an excellent investment. I'd rather fear the amount of money that I might spend for all those European airports that I'm more likely to buy after the release of OpenLC EU^^

Looking forward to it!

No it means that we originally wanted to release it in Oct/Nov 2013.

Also I cannot justify a higher price than a full-fat region because they cost much more money to produce with a larger development team and have much more content in them.

Also openLC includes the UK and Ireland; last time I checked they were still in the EU (UKIP hasn't had their way quite yet :) ) However you would be better served with the full-fat regions for that part of the EU, as will FTX Norway.

Are there any plans for more EU full-fat regions other than Norway?

Well John, after looking the quality of all the screen shots, I was expecting a higher price than you first estimated. And a much higher one than you have just announced. So I am very pleased indeed.

I can say with 100% certainty that without your products I would have given up FSing a long time ago. Please thank all your team for the many hours of pleasure they have given me. They are b****y fantastic. (So are your products :) )

Think again of openLC EU as an uber-region (without POIs, photoreal areas, upgraded airports and poly LC) over 10million km² and you can see that it still represents excellent value for money when you experience just what a transformation it gives to Europe.

John, I am fine with the new pricing, seems reasonable given the expected product.

If openLC EU (with FTXG and Vector) is comparable to a Orbx Region, but without the POIs, photoreal areas and upgraded airports, that is very good news!

But I do not understand very well what 'Poly LC' is, can you explain this or give a link?

Earlier you mentioned: Also, we're moving poly LC forests out of VECTOR and these will be part of openLC, it just worked out better to do it this way.

(http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/72161-vector-v11-is-a-complete-rebuild-not-a-patch/)

Thanks for the update John. Looking forward to all the LC regions as well as the full airports and regions such as Norway. Nice to see not one nay sayer yet, you must be pleased with the support.

Mmm problem is it's not very virtual environmentally friendly. I'm going to have to fly at a much lower FL to see all this wonderous stuff and burn off loads more fuel. Ah well :-). Lovin your work guys charge what you must I don't think many can argue the value for money. :-)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Definitely time to abandon the tubeliners for something more sedate, and crucially, which flies at 3,000ft. This is looking awesome guys. Price is a bargain as far as I'm concerned. Card at the ready.

No problem about the price for me. Eager to get it and all the other OpenLC products.

I was thinking, having FTXG, Vector and OpenLC will make reinstalling FSX much easier. Just a few exe files to install and then your planes and scenery.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG G2

John, most awesome news.

I have thought to that myself from time to time, but the amount of work it would take to bundle all current regions, current build of Global and Vector would be too much in these early stages I think.

Still, would and will be cool to have a "all-in-one" show stopper to install via Orbx magic.

BTW, Orbx owes me a new "v" key. As the Vector addon and NCA have blown mine out of the keyboard.

Greetings John,

Please remember to have pity on those of us with slow and/or crappy internet service. If you do an all-in-one bundle later on down the road, please make sure that we can buy the "back-up copy" on DVD(s). Thanks.

As an aside - it usually takes the folks from the FlightSim Store a whopping FIVE (5) business days to get said back-up disks out here to ID85, in the middle of no-where Idaho. ;D

Respectfully, 

Brian

Archived