VECTOR V1.1 is a complete rebuild, not a patch

Hello all,

Because of the fantastic customer input into VECTOR and the excellent documented bugs and issues found and reported by you all, much work has been going on behind the scenes on V1.1

Additionally, we have decided to dramatically alter the file structure of VECTOR so that we can add a configurator tool, as this seems to be an overwhelming desire from many customers. Whilst the original product design was to make it a simple install-and-forget product, we did not take into account that on low end machines the extra geometry being processed by both the CPU and GPU may take its toll, so to this end the configurator tool will allow users with modest hardware to only select the features they require.

Additionally, it was obvious that OSM delivers a solution, but a flawed one. Even our four months of extensive testing failed to identify many very serious erroneous data elements in OSM, so Bernd and the team have been working 24/7 to replace faulty OSM with better more high resolution data in places where it just does not cut it.

A huge number of reports bugs are therefore already fixed, and in particular the issue of overly wide roads will mostly be solved in V1.1 because we found that incorrect data and also incorrect road types were applied in many places. 

Also, we're moving poly LC forests out of VECTOR and these will be part of openLC, it just worked out better to do it this way.

Overall, V1.1 is going to be a substantial improvement and essentially will be a whole new product.

How will you get the "patch"? Well you will be emailed by FSS and there will be a new replacement full triple-installer in your FSS download area so you can install the completely new product using your existing registration information. The filesize will be similar to the original around 2.5GB or so.

Of course, V1.1 is a free upgrade and from the time of release all new customers will automatically be downloading the V1.1 build, not the old one.

The installer will do all the housekeeping for you automatically, so you won't need to uninstall VECTOR V1.0 before installing V1.1

At this stage we are aiming for a January release of V1.1, but as it has still not entered beta testing (it will soon) this may slip into Feb. I can assure you we're trying very hard to make it January but of course we want V1.1 to be as robust as possible.

Yours in updates :)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think for a modern software an uninstaller is a total necessity. No software is unfailable or perfect, there are always compatability issues.

Why is OrbX not ALWAYS providing uninstallers like all other qualified developers?

Thank you for this update JV! Good news and great to know the product's already LIVE as planned, thanks to this first update. No bad thing! Looking forward to the first OpenLC already! :smile:

Thank you again John. Very impressive effort to look after us and improve what is already a great product. The speed of response to our comments and needs is noted. But for my part I am happy to wait for however long it takes to get it right. In the mean time with DX10 and Steve's fixer and FSUIPC4's auto save I'm able to keep my flying going. I'm having a wonderful time lost in the amazing FTX world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like I suposed, ORBX Team think to us, customers. I had problems with VECTOR but never thank about refounding and now I know why, becouse ORBX cares...

Thanks ORBX and I hope to enjoy VECTOR as soon as You consider that it will be able to be released...

Best Regards

Marius L.

That is good news, but I like the LC-Forests very much. 

Is there any possability to preserv the woodlands until OpenLC is out? And the woodlands in Vector are worldwide.

Are there some special .bgl files only for the forests? Then I could save them and use them at my own risk...

Thanks /Hendrik/

As replacements to UTX/GEX/Pilots' FS Global 2010, ORBX has done very well indeed in your endeavour producing both Vector and Global, so many congrats for this !!

Bugs are to be expected plus your great attitude to always moving forward with fixes and updates.  Here is hoping that many European rivers that have considerable width in real life do not show up as almost un-noticeable "streams" in the fixing process. e.g. the very long river Lot which flows through Puy-l'eveque in France.

And, here is hoping that Pilots contact their customer base regarding their enhanced mesh products of FS Global Ultimate with the "fixes" they are incorporating into you "joint" Global product.

Archived