Welcome to Redding: A Tale of Two Airports!

G5bxX.jpg

G'day everyone,

I'm very excited to unveil the first shots of my latest project, Redding for Northern California. Given this is the first airport for our latest region product, I thought it best to model two airports in full HD, along with an expansive coverage area and plenty of landmarks. This product not only includes Redding Municipal Airport (KRDD), but also Benton Field (O85), Mercy Medical Center helipad and Redding cityscape all rolled into one. Between these areas, there should be something suitable for all types of flyers; KRDD is capable of handling up to 747/C-5 size aircraft, O85 is a lovely airpark close to the Redding city center, and Mercy Hospital provides a unique and detailed landing area for helicopter pilots. Redding was a "heavy request" from several of our team; in fact four of our developers and testers have lived and worked in Redding, and I've been delighted to spend the last couple of months bringing the project to fruition. 

For those not familiar with the area, Redding is one of the largest cities in the Sacremento Valley, as well as being gateway to the Shasta Cascade region immediately to the north. Many may be familiar with the large CalFire Fire Attack Base at KRDD; as well as being home to several interesting fire bomber aircraft types (several of which have been modeled in the scenery), it is also home to the large Smoke Jumpers training center. The terminal at Redding is currently undergoing a significant expansion; what you see here is the new building as it will look when complete; reference material was based on architectural plans and artist renderings. As well the fire base and terminal, Redding is home to several other large FBOs including Redding Jet Center (catering to business jet traffic), Shasta Air (eggbeater heaven!) and several others. Keep an eye out for a few other rarities, including an ex-RAAF Canberra bomber awaiting renovation.

Benton Field is a small GA airpark approximately 12 miles from Redding, with an interesting approach over plenty of downtown landmarks. The local FBO (Hillside Aviation) is a hub of activity, keen an eye out for the plethora of aircraft undergoing maintenance, as well as a certain (in)famous cellphone-obsessed lady hanging around the cafe deck (!). As well as the FBO, Benton is home to the local Police Air Wing and many private aircraft owners. Mercy Hospital and plenty of other local landmarks have been included in the cityscape coverage area. Keep an eye out for the world-famous Sundial Bridge, as well as eight other custom-modeled bridges, the new City Hall, local County Jail, shopping complexes, schools, sports fields and others. 

FEATURES

- TWO Ultra-detailed & low-impact airports: Redding Municipal KRDD and Benton Field O85

- Ultra-detailed rendition of Mercy Medical Center helipad

- Huge coverage area at 30/60cm including the majority of the City of Redding
- Ten new StaticFlow models, variations and skins created exclusively for Redding Airport, including ex-RAAF Canberra Bomber and CalFire attack aircraft
Advanced rendering & ambient occlusion techniques
- Nine custom-modelled bridges including the famous Sundial Bridge, extended rail bridge and many others
- Many landmarks and POI included in the coverage area; shopping centers, schools, sports grounds and many others
- Full suite of ObjectFlow, PeopleFlow2, TextureFlow and CreatureFlow

- Designed to blend seamlessly with FTX NA GOLD NORTHERN CALIFORNIA

COVERAGE

NwibU.jpg

BENTON FIELD O85

GabX.jpg

Rq6aZ.jpg

ISL52.jpg

xfvSq.jpg

CAZa2.jpg

XRhuU.jpg

MERCY MEDICAL CENTER

4hg8L.jpg

8r0Vy.jpg

fiVFU.jpg

DOWNTOWN REDDING

oTIsE.jpg

ULQV.jpg

YoZHi.jpg

ezjG9.jpg

XQfgi.jpg

KfLTU.jpg

LXHJM.jpg

CzFEM.jpg

REDDING MUNICIPAL AIRPORT KRDD

xPSD7.jpg

rWA1J.jpg

KEiGw.jpg

4DuTe.jpg

M78JY.jpg

Jo0j.jpg

PCIvi.jpg

HtAUN.jpg

08vc4.jpg

dslQn.jpg

h6C95.jpg

tGhFV.jpg

cR9V.jpg

Z2n5b.jpg

PjQ1M.jpg

64gxo.jpg

dM1W9.jpg

Cheers!

Jarrad

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

STRUTH!!  Fantastic work is a huge understatement Jarrad.  

You have me very interested in the RAAF Canberra sitting there.....  Do you know what she is doing there?   I may just have to do some ADF research on her.

Cheers.

Tim...

Incredible beautufull!!; and I esspecially also like the trainbridge (with the cargo train).

(but: what an awfull dirty cabrio (4th shot): that guy is certainly more interested in his aircraft then in his car)

Amazing work Jarrard.

And here is where I get slammed for stating something obvious: You might want to look at the trailer parked at the FedEx warehouse. It's the wrong way round :) Even the best driver in the world won't get a rig under THAT trailer ;) Really nice work though, and great value I'd say.

Archived