Too good not to share

Daddy Bear

Bloody 'ell! How on earth do you get so much detail into those shots? [where's the green/envy smiley???]. #1 and #2 are the best Harrier shots I've ever seen! Is that the RAZBAM version? I think you may have just sold it to me!

Thank you everybody.

Adam. Yes this is the RAZBAM Harrier II Plus. They do the GR7/9 as well but seeing as the UK government ditched them (where is my angry emoticon?) and I have a soft spot for the 'plus' model, that is the one I went for. It is currently the only fast jet in my hanger and I heartily recommend it.

Cheers

Phil F.

Seems to be a shock wave over the wings on the first and last one. Is that correct? Amazing shots BTW :)

Yes that is correct Jorge. The effect is created by vortex generators designed to delay flow separation and aerodynamic stall. You can see the vanes arrayed along the wing just behind the leading edge. They alleviate shock stall. Those vortices only appear at high 'G'.

Posted Image

Cheers all.

Phil F

Very well done. That Texaco one is stunning. Grabs all the attention. And I love the condensation on the low pressure area over the wing of the Harrier. Suddenly the air became too cold to stay invisible!

Archived