Sunny Brisbane

VH-KDK

Shown off superbly Martyn. Immigrated to Oz as a 17yr old in 1983. We stayed at a migrants hostel under the Storey Bridge for three months. Thanks for the memories, I'll never forget the sound of traffic going over the expansion joints all night. Lol.

Cheers

Graeme :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Caluma65 said:

Great shots.  You could easily be forgiven for thinking some of these are actual photographs - particularly the first two.  Cheers,

Calum

Many thanks Calum, that is good to hear.:)

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, boetie said:

Shown off superbly Martyn. Immigrated to Oz as a 17yr old in 1983. We stayed at a migrants hostel under the Storey Bridge for three months. Thanks for the memories, I'll never forget the sound of traffic going over the expansion joints all night. Lol.

Cheers

Graeme :)

Thanks Graeme, I came in 1981 but we were luckier and stayed with my brother for 6 weeks before our house was ready. My brothers house was close to a junction at the bottom of a hill and my memory was of the V8 cars of the day accelerating up that hill. There were very few V8s in England so the sound was new to me.:)

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, gumbypickett said:

Superb KDK.

How are you finding 2020 

I'm a little way from getting it.:unsure:

cheers

Gumby

Thank you Gumby.

I have days and days. Today I have done 2 flights but yesterday I got frustrated and turned it off after about 1 minute. I suppose I have got so used to P3D and XP and at my age it is overwhelming having to try and learn a whole new process. When it goes good I enjoy it. From what I have read from some others we are not alone!:)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Amazing shots!  This one is also on my to buy list.  What a photoreal sim this is.

Thank you Jack. 

It is a very good scenery which compliments the new updated YBBN.

It is magical especially when flying over places I know.:)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Thank you Gumby.

I have days and days. Today I have done 2 flights but yesterday I got frustrated and turned it off after about 1 minute. I suppose I have got so used to P3D and XP and at my age it is overwhelming having to try and learn a whole new process. When it goes good I enjoy it. From what I have read from some others we are not alone!:)

I agree.:(

cheers

Gumby

• Like 1

Great shots Martyn, I like #3. In the #1 and #2 we can see the biggest MSFS problem, if you look in the direction of the sun 

it's the only thing you can see. If you want to land against the sun you have to switch the daytime. This is easy but not realistic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, andiflyit said:

Great shots Martyn, I like #3. In the #1 and #2 we can see the biggest MSFS problem, if you look in the direction of the sun 

it's the only thing you can see. If you want to land against the sun you have to switch the daytime. This is easy but not realistic.

Interesting point Andreas. Whilst I am very impressed with the graphics in MSFS, I have been wondering if they are a bit overdone at some hours/weather etc.

• Like 2

superb shots there Martyn, I also have days where I want to throw the whole sim and PC out of the window, been getting 1 error for months, I had hoped my reinstall would have sorted it, but alas not, glad I have Volanta to reset after todays CTD.....okay if I do nothing but sim, message there I guesss....

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

29 minutes ago, wain71 said:

superb shots there Martyn, I also have days where I want to throw the whole sim and PC out of the window, been getting 1 error for months, I had hoped my reinstall would have sorted it, but alas not, glad I have Volanta to reset after todays CTD.....okay if I do nothing but sim, message there I guesss....

Dang, what error and CTD's?  

• Like 1

Man, these look like real pictures from your QLD travels two years ago, in 2020.

17 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

I suppose I have got so used to P3D and XP and at my age it is overwhelming having to try and learn a whole new process. When it goes good I enjoy it. From what I have read from some others we are not alone!:)

That´s what I fear as well. But sometimes you just gotta jump into the water and see if you still can swim.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Dang, what error and CTD's?  

yeah it's a painful experiance when it happens, something like 0xc0000005 is the code, I had hope the recent rebuild and reinstall of my PC from scratch would have sorted it...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, wain71 said:

yeah it's a painful experiance when it happens, something like 0xc0000005 is the code, I had hope the recent rebuild and reinstall of my PC from scratch would have sorted it...

This code can happen as error between OS and application but as you said you have reinstalled the OS and the sims and you cannot get rid of it.

Therefore it could be a hardware problem with the memory modules, either incompatible or not set correctly in the UEFI/BIOS.

If you use overclocked ram modules with xmp activated you can deactivate xmp first. You will still be able to fly.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, andiflyit said:

This code can happen as error between OS and application but as you said you have reinstalled the OS and the sims and you cannot get rid of it.

Therefore it could be a hardware problem with the memory modules, either incompatible or not set correctly in the UEFI/BIOS.

If you use overclocked ram modules with xmp activated you can deactivate xmp first. You will still be able to fly.  

thanks for that Andreas, yeah Pete pointed me in that direction once before but it made no difference, it's really weird because if I start my PC and fly all is okay, if I have done something else, restart PC and fly all is good, but if I don't restart PC after say doing some paperwork then it will crash.. so I guess I have a work around....

• Like 2

Did you run some memory test? Because what happens when you restart the PC is that the memory is being reset, so everything which 

was written to memory before will be deleted than. Can also be that some unwanted application starts during the paperwork or whatever 

you do which afterwards causes the problems while flying. So you can check the taskmanager before you start the sim. 

• Like 2

yeah I did some tests, I was also told the restarts closes everything down properly and that might close down any apps etc that may be causing the problem....this only happens with MSFS, any other sims or my driving games do not have this happen......it is common apparently...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

There has got to be an a solution for this somewhere Wayne, I just know it. IF it is a RAM/memory problem, it can be hard to nail down. Memory tests don't always find out if there is a problem. If you have four sticks of RAM, you can take one pair out and see if the problem still exists. If so, then try the same pair of RAM in the other two slots on your motherboard. If the problem still exists, then repeat both of those attempts with the other pair of RAM. This process rules out sticks of RAM and ALSO the potential for a bad memory slot on the motherboard. It can happen. If you only have two sticks of RAM, then do the same as above but with one stick at a time. 

Anyhow, nice images you have here :) 

• Like 1

On 8/3/2022 at 10:32 PM, andiflyit said:

Thank you Andreas.:)

Fingers crossed they will fix this soon.:P

• Like 2

On 8/3/2022 at 10:50 PM, paulb said:

Excellent shots Martyn. The scenery is amazing! :)

Thank you Paul, is has been done really well.

I took a great video on my mobile a few years ago taking off from YBBN and climbing out past the city. Everything perfect with the light.

When I went to look later it was all out of focus.:wacko::blink::lol:

Sigh! First world problems!:)

• Like 2

On 8/3/2022 at 10:51 PM, paulb said:

Interesting point Andreas. Whilst I am very impressed with the graphics in MSFS, I have been wondering if they are a bit overdone at some hours/weather etc.

Your wonderings are correct Paul.:P

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 8/4/2022 at 1:34 AM, wain71 said:

Thanks Wayne.

All these things are sent to try us. My previous gaming PC had a stupid mother board that would not allow me to make an adjustment that would give me better performance. So running FSX I was at times getting a slide show before the dreaded circle of death. When I did a long haul flight I regularly saved the flight as it was almost impossible to complete it without a crash. Needless to say when I bought a new PC I avoided that manufacturer of motherboard like the plague and touch wood all has been good since then:)

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Man, these look like real pictures from your QLD travels two years ago, in 2020.

That´s what I fear as well. But sometimes you just gotta jump into the water and see if you still can swim.

Thanks Gerold but in 2020 we only allowed to go to the supermarket and then I shopped via the internet and  had my groceries brought out to my car!:o

Remember I exist in Victoria!;)

I have been giving it the biggest bash yet and I am mostly enjoying it.:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

There has got to be an a solution for this somewhere Wayne, I just know it. IF it is a RAM/memory problem, it can be hard to nail down. Memory tests don't always find out if there is a problem. If you have four sticks of RAM, you can take one pair out and see if the problem still exists. If so, then try the same pair of RAM in the other two slots on your motherboard. If the problem still exists, then repeat both of those attempts with the other pair of RAM. This process rules out sticks of RAM and ALSO the potential for a bad memory slot on the motherboard. It can happen. If you only have two sticks of RAM, then do the same as above but with one stick at a time. 

Anyhow, nice images you have here :) 

10 hours ago, andiflyit said:

Did you run some memory test? Because what happens when you restart the PC is that the memory is being reset, so everything which 

was written to memory before will be deleted than. Can also be that some unwanted application starts during the paperwork or whatever 

you do which afterwards causes the problems while flying. So you can check the taskmanager before you start the sim. 

11 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

16 hours ago, wain71 said:

This is what I like about this forum how others will jump in and try and fix Wayne's problem.

Knocks the spots off some other caustic forums.

Good on ya guys, I hope Wayne finds the solution.

• Like 3