Shoreham Trio

paulb

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

A V-tail jet, never seen this one before.  It and the scenery looks marvelous Paul.

Thank you Jack :). It's a French Fouga Magister. I saw one for sale in the USA recently for $95,750 ;).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, andiflyit said:

Good shots Paul, which plane is that? Looks good but never seen before...

Thank you Andreas :).  It's a  Fouga Magister CM 170.  Although a French aircraft,  the Belgian Air Force operated 50 Magisters as primary trainers. Their aerobatic team 'The Red Devils' used them as display aircraft.

• Like 3

Great set of shots Paul.

BTW, the Fouga Magister was used as a jet trainer by the Austrian Airforce in the 1960s and/or 70s. Can't remember exactly.

PS: actually Austria doe not have an airforce on its own but it is part of the army.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wolfko said:

Great set of shots Paul.

BTW, the Fouga Magister was used as a jet trainer by the Austrian Airforce in the 1960s and/or 70s. Can't remember exactly.

PS: actually Austria doe not have an airforce on its own but it is part of the army.

Thank you Wolfgang :). Indeed it was used by the Austrian Air Force, 1959 until 1972 I believe.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Great looking images Paul. I have not previously heard much about this aircraft, so some interesting background info in this thread :) 

Thank you Landon :). Interestingly, the Magister was used by the French aerobatic team 'Patrouille de France' for 16 years until 1980.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots indeed Paul. Interesting bird with a steep price. I pass buying one. Would cut out my beer budget and I would dry out.:unsure::P:D.

Many thanks Karl. Yes sir, that would be a lot of beers! ;):lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2