Local flight

VH-KDK

19 hours ago, BradB said:

Your area good easily pass for Central Washington state Martyn . 

Thanks John, interesting that we have parts that look the same and we are so far apart.:)

Luckily we are not like Seattle, the nearest we have is Melbourne.:(

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Some greean already, but still it looks quite dry and hot, Martyn. You can compare if that is realistic...

It is winter here Gerold and very green everywhere. 

The only green in the summer will be where the land is under irrigation. I did this flight a while ago so it was probably summer.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks Paul, they are about 100km to the left.

To the right I think the nearest would be in South Africa.:huh:

Depends on what you call a "mountain". Where I grew up the highest elevation was 43 m, so that was a mountain for me. And the Englishmen, Dutch or Danish would probably see it the same way.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Excellent shots Martyn looks a lot like the Texas Panhandle.

Thanks John, a lot of sheep, cattle and orchards here but I am not sure what the Panhandle has apart from cattle.:unsure:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Depends on what you call a "mountain". Where I grew up the highest elevation was 43 m, so that was a mountain for me. And the Englishmen, Dutch or Danish would probably see it the same way.

Very true Gerold, not much different where I grew up on the edge of the North Downs in Surrey. We did have some nice tree covered hills and Leith Hill was the tallest point in the county at 965ft. Here we have Major which is a hill that stands about 800 ft above the surrounding country.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Very true Gerold, not much different where I grew up on the edge of the North Downs in Surrey. We did have some nice tree covered hills and Leith Hill was the tallest point in the county at 965ft. Here we have Major which is a hill that stands about 800 ft above the surrounding country.

And you walk out my front door and you are looking at 14,115 foot Pike's Peak :D Then, you walk out my back door and you are staring out at the open range of Colorado rancher country. So much varied geography across all of our locations around the globe :) 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

And you walk out my front door and you are looking at 14,115 foot Pike's Peak :D Then, you walk out my back door and you are staring out at the open range of Colorado rancher country. So much varied geography across all of our locations around the globe :) 

That sounds like a beautiful place to live Landon.:)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...