##*0)!!3?<<# Pardon my language but......

Following on from my Xbox problems, my son-law arrived arrived with his MS Xbox controller to ensure that is what the problem was, as it turned out it wasn't, so I have/had a computer/MSFS problem. After a bit of messing about, him going through his I know how to fix this, and after a LOT of time, I gave him a "don't worry, I have some good guys assisting me, we'll do it."

One last thing he said, do a repair. That also didn't work, and unfortunately I had to leave him for a bit, my wife was screaming about some dog that had got into  our yard and was trying to rip one of our dogs to pieces. On my return Tim had the "repair" running, (only it wasn't the repair it was the reset), didn't realise at first, but asked him, you did backup my community folder? just in case. The reply I got chilled me to the bone - my computer is now in the second hour of installing MSFS from the roots. This is  bad enough if you do it yourself, but when some damned idiot who thinks he knows everything.................:angry::angry:  "I was sure I hit the repair  button." 

Need I say more, except that I'm in trouble with my wife for screaming abuse at Tim and chucking him out of the house. I tried to explain to her, that it's not just the reinstall but all the settings to do again and aircraft and scenery to reload, etc  She wasn't very understanding.:(

Guess what I'm doing for next few days :wacko:, that's after I come back from buying;) the flowers.

After this, that Bl**dy controller better work. 

Don

• Sad 7

I'm sure Tim was only doing what he thought was helpful mate - no intentional sabotage? A clean install is good for your brain Don. Enjoy the process mate, give Tim a hug ;)

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

A complete reinstall is akin to recovering from an enema.

It is an opportunity to load back only what you need/want, vs the bloated set up that occurs after several years of unflushed accumulation that slowly constipates your load up times & FPS.

See it as a cleansing opportunity.

TTM

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

Quite a difference between an intentional fresh set-up and such an unwanted one. Perhaps some none IT stuff helps best, like Whisky for the pilot and flowers for his wifey. And then sit back, relax, and have some days of other thoughts.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Hi Don

I truly believe that most people when they get up in the morning don't go through a thought process

which goes along the lines of  "Well what/who can I s...w up today ?"

So the next time you see your son-in-law , give him a hug and tell him you were sorry that you lost it.

In the greater scheme of things called life, don't sweat the small stuff.  And  this is the small stuff.

As TTM says this is the chance to get a new start with your system and an opportunity to have what you 

want & need.

And yes, I've done exactly what happened to you - twice as a matter of fact.  Frustrating as  h..l , yes, but the 

world didn't come to an end , although it seemed it might at the time.

So have an adult beverage or your choice on us, take a deep breath and carry on.

Cheers

Pete

PS - buy your wife flowers, LOTS of flowers:)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Don, I am going to refer to my answer in the current Meaningless Thread that Rodger handles. E. It's E. It wasn't Tim. It was E. THEY probably did something with the real Tim. The alleged Tim that was helping you was E. (In case you haven't looked at that thread, possible because you've had your hands full fixing your PC/Xbox controller problem, then E refers to Aliens. :D

In all seriousness, I hope you get everything sorted with your people and also your PC.

Landon

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

Well guys I'm up early to get a head start on what I have to do. Overnight the steam has stopped coming from my ears;). At the moment my heart rate is close to normal, and my sanity whatever that is and about to commence the task. My wife thinks I lost the plot a long time ago. Thanks to you all for your input and suggestions about getting back to a normal simming life, apologies to the wife and Tim. About to check my CC and see what the vet bill was.:wacko:

Whilst MSFS was loading, I did a bit of prep as to what I want to add, to keep the workload down. So onwards and upwards as they say, and THANKS HEAPS TO YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT.

Don  

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Don, I am going to refer to my answer in the current Meaningless Thread that Rodger handles. E. It's E. It wasn't Tim. It was E. THEY probably did something with the real Tim. The alleged Tim that was helping you was E. (In case you haven't looked at that thread, possible because you've had your hands full fixing your PC/Xbox controller problem, then E refers to Aliens. :D

In all seriousness, I hope you get everything sorted with your people and also your PC.

Landon

Landon, Aliens or lizards?:unsure::o:ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

Landon, Aliens or lizards?:unsure::o:ph34r:

In this case, Aliens Martyn. But, were I a Hollow Earther (which I am most certainly not!) then I would be leaning towards the lizard people theory ;) And don't get me started on Flat Earthers...them's crazy folk :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, greybeard said:

Hi Don, have you got an X marking  the spot in the back yard

where you will bury your Xbox if it still doesn't work? :banghead:

Kevin

Got the shovel alongside my chair mate, cause guess what IT STILL DOESN'T WORK.:angry: AND ANGRY DOESN'T EVEN GET CLOSE TO HOW I AM.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Well all jokes aside Don I really do know what you are going through, but not

having any real Xbox experience except for boxes with XXXX on the side I can't

offer any credible suggestions it does seem odd that MSFS does see it.

If you select it in the controls menu are any keys or buttons showing as programed?

Kevin 

• Like 4

It's all a bit weird Kev, that after all the good advice from the guys here, I still have the same problem, and to add to that Tim's mess up and having now been subject to a reinstall, which I'm still working on, I haven't achieved a damn thing. Yesterday I suspended the install activities and went on the Microsoft site and poured over all the stuff they had there, just more wasted time. As soon as I have time, and I've done a bit more of the install, I'll chuck my rig in the car and take it to my computer tech, see if he can fix it. Quite frankly I feel it's hardly worth having without the drone, you need it to explore and get all the  you beaut angles, but that's a bit further down the track. At least, I have my Milviz 310R up and flying, so I can do a bit, just not get any screenies to post. Health issues have prevented me from doing a lot of that anyway.

So I'm off  now to do a bit more, who knows  maybe I'll find a fix  along the way - miracles do happen don't they?

Don 

• Upvote 1

what an absolute disaster you have been going through, and it's worse I feel when a 'helper' has caused the problem, I hope you can get sorted if only for your own sanity.....I always find that after getting a few days set aside for some good simming my PC always runs into an issue or two, it's like someone somewhere is pushing there bad karma at me...

• Like 1