Brussel Sprouts

boetie

In about 12hrs my wife is going to force me and our kids to eat said Brussel sprouts for Christmas day lunch. Let me state that my wife is English (grew up in Brighton). We are required to eat a roast, roasted veggies, pigs in blankets, Yorkshire puddings and these bloody disgusting Brussel sprouts, all while roasting in 30C deg and 80% humidity! Every year the Brussel sprouts are binned. What is it the Brits and these disgusting fart balls? Anyway, have a merry Christmas my friends. May your day be wonderful and for my Brit friends......a bit of extra gravey and HP sauce keeps them down, I'm sure you've worked that out by now.

Cheers

Graeme :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Merry Christmas to all!

I'll pass on the Sprouts, but when we spent Christmas in England with my cousins we had parsnips, and they were delicious.  

Christmas is the one day a year I get Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding.  But here in New York it's 35 F, and we got our first snow of the season (A dusting).

Ken

• Like 3

4 hours ago, boetie said:

these disgusting fart balls?

LOL...you had me laughing so hard I am crying Graeme :D I am on your side, not a fan of them at all. They stink. But, I also eat raw broccoli like candy and spinach too, so who am I to judge. Anyhow, I wish you the best of luck this year with those sprouts and may you have a Merry Christmas :) 

Cheers!

Landon 

Edited by Sniper31
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Graeme, you brought back a memory. When I was young, my mother put a lot of work into our holiday feast. Turkey and dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy, toasted almonds, cranberries, and--that one time a year--Brussel sprouts. My dad hated them, smell, texture, and taste. He'd spend the entire meal bad-mouthing Brussel sprouts while mom, my sister, and I tried to enjoy the lovely meal. I happen to like Brussel sprouts, but to this day every time I eat them I hear my dad complaining :rolleyes:.

• Haha 3