Antarctica is out of tea

bernd1151

Fantastic serie of shots and storyline. I was not aware that the surrounding of the Station is largely surrounded by relatively open see. So I suppose in summertime

of the southern hemisphere. I had posted same area a while ago and all the surrounding was completely covered with ice and snow, have to check in other season.

The Cutty Sark is fine modelled and with sails down and crew on the masts a marvelous scenery addition. One of the most lovely screenshot-postings I see here ;)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Marvelous story & images!

How did you get the Cutty Sark sails down??

TTM

Thank you, T. The Cutty Sark model has the option to use either sails or not :)

6 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Great post and with some super shots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you very much, John

5 hours ago, BradB said:

MSFS Ship Simulator in all of it’s glory , permission to come aboard Captain Bernd . :):D

Thanks a lot, John. If you can cook, I'll let you on board. We need one. And a barrel of rum would be a fine surprise, we've had enough tea the last couple of weeks :D:D

3 hours ago, John Mac said:

Bernd, my opinion only, your best set of shots and storyline yet! Really enjoyed this!

John.

Wow, thank you so much, John. I'm happy that you enjoyed my little story and pics.

1 hour ago, ikbenik said:

Fantastic serie of shots and storyline. I was not aware that the surrounding of the Station is largely surrounded by relatively open see. So I suppose in summertime

of the southern hemisphere. I had posted same area a while ago and all the surrounding was completely covered with ice and snow, have to check in other season.

The Cutty Sark is fine modelled and with sails down and crew on the masts a marvelous scenery addition. One of the most lovely screenshot-postings I see here ;)

Thanks a lot for your kind words!!

• Haha 1

That was an absolutely fun and exciting adventure that we got to enjoy with you Bernd! Excellent shots depicting the storyline as it unfolds in the cold seas of the region. I admit, I was concerned about the wooden hull of the Cutty Sark in those dangerous waters. Glad to see she arrived safely and in good order to deliver her cargo. :) 

Landon

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

A fantastic post, bernd, and the pictures of the Cutty Sark look absolutely great. The water with a little foam on it is just so realistic!

The sailship seems to be a "must" for the simulator, but - wait - didn´t we start up with this as a flight simulation? Amazing.

On 11/27/2021 at 12:51 PM, bernd1151 said:

Cutty Sark are a port over by yours truly)

Is it an old freeware?

• Like 1

Many thanks for your kind comment, Gerold!

2 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Is it an old freeware?

Yes, it is an old FS9 freeware that some kind person had converted a few years back to native FSX standard. That made it possible for me to port it over to MSFS. An FS9 product would not have worked.

• Upvote 1