Do We Have a New Club?

My wife and her girlfriend were having a discussion about who was worse off husband wise. Her friends husband is a golfer, my wife is saddled with a flight simmer - of course. The end result, my wife won - Golfers are gone all day, 18 holes plus a session at the 19th hole. My wife has only to walk into my computer room and there I am, so from that point, we have a winner, but not so fast my friends, her girlfriend says it's nice to have some peace when her husband is at golf, my wife agrees that must be  very nice not having to listen to your husband whinging all day like hers. This brings me to the point of the title of the "new club". 

My wife has proposed "The Grumpy Old Farts" club, and me as the President. She says she has never seen so much door slamming, and heard such profanity coming from my mouth except for the last couple of days (release of update 5). I said I would apologise, except it's hard to talk when you're getting your mouth washed out with soap and water.:unsure::wacko::blink:

Don 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

48 minutes ago, W2DR said:

Sign me up too. I've been playing golf for 64 years and simming for 43 of those years so my wife REALLY knows what it's like to live with a grumpy old man. 

LOL, and she's still living with you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

LOL, and she's still living with you?

Sure. We go back a long way. She picked me up at the county fair carnival 64 years ago. She was 12 and I was 14. We've been married for 55 years and she's still putting up with me So here we are...the ideal couple...a grumpy old man married to a tough old broad.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, W2DR said:

Sure. We go back a long way. She picked me up at the county fair carnival 64 years ago. She was 12 and I was 14. We've been married for 55 years and she's still putting up with me So here we are...the ideal couple...a grumpy old man married to a tough old broad.

:lol::lol: Guess Country Fairs are off the list now. Hilarious comment, brought laughter tears to my eyes, thanks mate.

Don  

• Like 4

8 hours ago, musterpilot said:

Yeah found my missus  when I was 15 she was 14 been married 53 years don't know how she puts up with me but she does so can't be too bad she even went and got her pilots license as well to help me out

Now that my sort of woman, can't even get my wife near a GA. Took her to Archerfield for a look, big mistake, anything smaller than a 737, forget it. :rolleyes: 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Dadtom65 said:

Yep you can sign me up too. I’ve been told that it’s our Golden Wedding Anniversary next year. Don’t time fly when you’re having fun. :rolleyes:. Derek. 

At our age, time flies whether your having fun or not.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Yesterday - it was our 63rd anniversary - (+5.5yrs courting) -  She who must be obeyed - made me stop simming 

and take her out for a lunch meal and a play on the pokies  - at the local RSL (services club for old army Farts)

She played the pokies - I sunk 3 schooners of good beer :wacko: 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Because it sounds like we are getting serious about the Grumpy Old Farts' Club and have already appointed Don (Aussieflyer38) as acting president, and because there already is a clamor for membership cards, I suppose we should talk about forming a board of directors to write a set of bylaws and establish financial parameters. However, to avoid all that, I propose we simply appoint Don as Dictator for Life, then proceed to ignore all his dictates. We are a grumpy old lot, after all, and who is that young fellow to tell us what to do? ;D

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Taph said:

Do not know how you qualify as a returned serviceman your still over there :o Happy Anniversary

Ah!! - in OZ - I am defined as a returned serviceman and qualify for membership - because I returned for active service

and I had to show my medal (GSM with clasp ) to prove it and it applies to all pommes who have the same.;)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Speaking of Old Farts - I learned a new word the other day B)

As OLD FARTS - we have all suffered the indignity of an "accident" from time to time - whilst 

letting one go ----  

The word is "SHART" :o

(Just noticed - the spell checker left it alone??)???

• Haha 5