V5 revisited.

P3D 5.?  The latest version just installed yesterday.

PMDG's updated 737 NGXu.

Orbx's TrueEarth Northern California

Orbx's KFOT

I have to say with Orbx's stuff along with PMDG's 737 my frames were great.  

Quite pleased so far.

This is just a quick out and back to test things out.

7VkZFGw.jpg

zbEjAeH.jpg

pQ8nWfh.jpg

I just wish I could somehow change the color of the water, it's too blue.

jHpN0L1.jpg

qPxsVi1.jpg

2dE1uCA.jpg

3 minutes ago, BradB said:

Great news about your PMDG plane in V5 Jack ,  you are so right about the water color too . 

Thanks John.  Next stop is ASN to see if they have a non-CTD version for v5.  In 4.5 I use a modified ASCA to get my colors just right for my eyes anyway.

5 minutes ago, lifejogger said:

Looks great Jack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you John.  I’m installing Orbx’s Vector now, And have all of Oz installed.  All I need is Ultimate Traffic and ASN and I’ll be all set. However, there’s still quite a few Orbx airports not ready yet :unsure:

Hi Jack great shots and your so right about the blue colour. But I’ve already said I’m not going to bother with V5 , mean if every so often your going to have to pay for an upgrade, nah not for me but there again if the new sim is expensive in one way or another, I might go back to P3D. Though at the moment I’m happy with XPlane. Derek.

13 minutes ago, Dadtom65 said:

Hi Jack great shots and your so right about the blue colour. But I’ve already said I’m not going to bother with V5 , mean if every so often your going to have to pay for an upgrade, nah not for me but there again if the new sim is expensive in one way or another, I might go back to P3D. Though at the moment I’m happy with XPlane. Derek.

Thanks, XP looks nice, looks...

nice shots Jack, reinstalled v5 myself and yesterday got TE Oregan, very pleased so far with my PC's handling as it's mid level I think......I agree with the blue too....I do enjoy both sims but have now removed p3dv4 completely.......good also to see more stuff being updated, majestic dash today....

3 minutes ago, wain71 said:

nice shots Jack, reinstalled v5 myself and yesterday got TE Oregan, very pleased so far with my PC's handling as it's mid level I think......I agree with the blue too....I do enjoy both sims but have now removed p3dv4 completely.......good also to see more stuff being updated, majestic dash today....

Thanks Wain!  Keeping 4.5, 5, & XP.

3 minutes ago, jean marc said:

wow excellent shots ... seems great and a lot of fun to come :)

Thanks Jean Marc.  So far V5 the newest version seems stable on my sim and it's very smooth compared to 4.5.

I have Ultimate Traffic, the A2A planes, and PMDG working, all I need is weather and I can put 4.5 to bed.

And almost all my excellent Orbx stuff looks fantastic in it.

9 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Looking good Jack.

A 737 can get in & out of 4,005' runway??:)

TTM

Before they got their 6400' parallel, Bethel AK's single instrument runway was 4000' served by both Wien Air and Alaska Air in B737-200's.

11 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I just wish I could somehow change the color of the water, it's too blue.

I had to invest over $700 NZ on a new video card just to get v5 to run [at all] on a system that ran v4.5 really well. Pleased? NOT!

Worse still - my usual shaders tweaks (PTA/TomatoShade etc.) won't work on v5 (and no sign of any updates) ... so overall, my P3D looks a lot worse than it did.

I ended up buying TOGA EnvShade and EnvTex to try and regain a little bit of control over P3Dv5's muddy/over-contrasty colouring. The water's better - but it's never been P3D's strong point :(

Also - I found that the latest Reshade (4.7.0) works with v5, so you can correct he palette problems. However - it's a global thing, so you can't tweak water or VC lighting individually.

Adam.

24 minutes ago, Adam Banks said:

I had to invest over $700 NZ on a new video card just to get v5 to run [at all] on a system that ran v4.5 really well. Pleased? NOT!

Worse still - my usual shaders tweaks (PTA/TomatoShade etc.) won't work on v5 (and no sign of any updates) ... so overall, my P3D looks a lot worse than it did.

I ended up buying TOGA EnvShade and EnvTex to try and regain a little bit of control over P3Dv5's muddy/over-contrasty colouring. The water's better - but it's never been P3D's strong point :(

Also - I found that the latest Reshade (4.7.0) works with v5, so you can correct he palette problems. However - it's a global thing, so you can't tweak water or VC lighting individually.

Adam.

Wow!

Nice shots Jack

Do you mind posting more pictures of TE California?

I'm seduced by the product but not totally convinced

I'd like to see how the mountains look ( as I love current region ones, though I think they are also photo scenery )

Maybe around SJO, Eureka, Sacramento...

I really would appreciate it whenever you got time

Cheers

Carlos

7 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

Nice shots Jack

Do you mind posting more pictures of TE California?

I'm seduced by the product but not totally convinced

I'd like to see how the mountains look ( as I love current region ones, though I think they are also photo scenery )

Maybe around SJO, Eureka, Sacramento...

I really would appreciate it whenever you got time

Cheers

Carlos

Thanks Carlos, I will do that as soon as I am able.  Doing a lot of testing A2A’s planes right now in V5 and I’m about to land at KSEA from 1WA6.

9 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Carlos, I will do that as soon as I am able.  Doing a lot of testing A2A’s planes right now in V5 and I’m about to land at KSEA from 1WA6.

Thanks a lot

I0m looking forward for these tests you are doing as I am also interested in getting TEWA

Cheers

Carlos

7 minutes ago, adambar said:

Stellar set of shots Jack. :)  You can fix the water colors with the Envtex/Envshade program, or anything else for that matter. 

Thanks Adam, but that’s a big no for me.  I had those apps in V4.5 and it messed up things royally.

13 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

Adam.

Ah!

But you will be nicely placed for MS2020!!:)

TTM

On 7/6/2020 at 9:31 AM, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks John.  Next stop is ASN to see if they have a non-CTD version for v5.  In 4.5 I use a modified ASCA to get my colors just right for my eyes anyway.

Jack, re the bright blue - 

Perhaps have a look at your P3D lighting settings if you are using HDR [ticked]

I was getting a fluorescent green until i pulled back the Saturation to around 1.07.

Current v4.5 settings, (not considered the B all & End All by any means),  are:

Brightness: 1.26

Bloom: 0.05

Saturation: 1.07

TTM

2 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Jack, re the bright blue - 

Perhaps have a look at your P3D lighting settings if you are using HDR [ticked]

I was getting a fluorescent green until i pulled back the Saturation to around 1.07.

Current v4.5 settings, (not considered the B all & End All by any means),  are:

Brightness: 1.26

Bloom: 0.05

Saturation: 1.07

TTM

Thanks TTM, I will try these settings in a little while as I have the time to mess with it.

1 hour ago, gregmorin said:

Nice shots Jack! I really like V5 as well.

Greg

Thanks Greg.  Been spending tons of time installing A2A liveries, PMDG planes and liveries, all my Orbx stuff which took several days, and finally testing.  All working well so far. GTN, Ultimate Traffic, all except weather, no AS weather yet.  Soon.  But I think Orbx looks great in V5 and it performs much better.

Archived