P3D LIEO to LIEA

Jack Sawyer

23 minutes ago, Ken Hall said:

Exquisite shots Jack

Thanks Ken.

As for your Catalina challenge.  Couldn’t find the two helicopter pads.  I’d need coordinates.

I think the name of the sub is the Sea Wolf and the restaurant is the Buffalo Nickel?

10 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Ken.

As for your Catalina challenge.  Couldn’t find the two helicopter pads.  I’d need coordinates.

I think the name of the sub is the Sea Wolf and the restaurant is the Buffalo Nickel?

Buffalo Nickel is correct, you landed at Pebbly Beach heliport to find it. Other one is the Wriggleys Marine Dive centre, near two harbours.

the yellow submarine is moored at the fisherman’s wharf Avalon Harbour.

some trivia for you, the big rocks at Pebbly Beach were modelled using photogrammetry on some rocks at Hawley Beach Tasmania.

cheers

6 hours ago, Ken Hall said:

Buffalo Nickel is correct, you landed at Pebbly Beach heliport to find it. Other one is the Wriggleys Marine Dive centre, near two harbours.

the yellow submarine is moored at the fisherman’s wharf Avalon Harbour.

some trivia for you, the big rocks at Pebbly Beach were modelled using photogrammetry on some rocks at Hawley Beach Tasmania.

cheers

Thanks Ken, all very interesting.  So it's not called the Sea Wolf?

5 hours ago, Dario said:

Come on, Jack! Those shots are super beautiful, totally photorealistic. I love the scenery, the aircraft, the colors, the clouds, everything is really wonderful here! :) 

Thanks most sincere Dario, your comments really made this wretched day I'm having my friend.

• 1 month later...
42 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

Very nice journey, Jack. A beautiful airport this is. :) Btw, there's also a freeware LIEE Cagliari (in the south of the island) out there, very nice.

Thanks Lars, I tend to shy away from freeware, I've had a lot of problems with it in the past :wacko:

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Lars, I tend to shy away from freeware, I've had a lot of problems with it in the past :wacko:

You're missing half of the fun, although I do understand how frustrating scenery problems can become. Even with payware you get problems here and there. :unsure::huh::)

Just now, Captain Lars said:

You're missing half of the fun, although I do understand how frustrating scenery problems can become. Even with payware you get problems here and there. :unsure::huh::)

I have strong opinions on freeware but basically it goes like this, if it's so good why didn't they sell it?

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

I have strong opinions on freeware but basically it goes like this, if it's so good why didn't they sell it?

There's some freeware that's better than payware, and there's payware that's much worse than freeware, and then there's even freeware where there is no payware. Also, a reason why not to sell it could be the following: there's simply no market for every backwater aerodrome in the Caucasus Range.

1 minute ago, Captain Lars said:

There's some freeware that's better than payware, and there's payware that's much worse than freeware, and then there's even freeware where there is no payware. Also, a reason why not to sell it could be the following: there's simply no market for every backwater aerodrome in the Caucasus Range.

I see Lars, but I guess I've just had bad experiences.  I like Orbx stuff as well as A2A and PMDG because their support is outstanding.

Archived