Hats off to Larry. Eventually.

VH-KDK

My first look at CAE3 Campbell River SPB.

1.1aEsGHP.jpg

Arriving after the long flight from CYBL Campbell River, all of 7 miles!

2.Tz787D7.jpg

Known as the Salmon Capitol of the World.

3.k36GyLJ.jpg

Making my way around to the jetty. I am not quite sure where to land but I chose something wet.

4.clwNUkr.jpg

The mouth of the Campbell River.

5.y2xqNwC.jpg

I rather nice boat, I wish I had packed the rods.

6.u8RJcv0.jpg

Just managed to stop in time. I thought I was going to shave the tail of the Beaver. I must get those brakes checked.

7.nMmpXKf.jpg

I hope the owner of the Beaver likes cats. He had kittens when he saw me bearing down on his pride and joy!

8.CvsRDhp.jpg

Griselda tells me the fishing is good here. I caught one this big but you should have seen the one that got away.

Another wonderful  freeware scenery.

Thanks Larry for another absolute gem.

Well done Martyn. It wasn't kittens that guy was having when he saw you careening towards his Beaver:o:angry::unsure::lol:Bye the bye my son is heading up to Campbell River fishing for a whole week. And yes Larry did an incredible job. Cheers k:) 

It took you some time to get there, but you made it perfectly. Griselda will be proud of your parking manouvre - I always stop these water planes by crashing with something...

7 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

I caught one this big but you should have seen the one that got away.

Oh, I believe that.

16 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Known as the Salmon Capitol of the World.

10 hours ago, Wakashi said:

great shots and great big fish depicted in that last shot by Griselda!

12 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Bye the bye my son is heading up to Campbell River fishing for a whole week.

A really nice set of shots Martyn! 

Here's a little something that might amuse you guys, something that Rob Abernathy suggested.  I figured people would say 'what, Campbell River, the salmon capital of the world and you did not model any salmon??".  Well, yes I did thanks to Rob. There are two reasonably authentic models where they should not be too hard to find if you look a bit and there is a moving school of herring near one of the fish models too.

Larry

1 hour ago, Larry_R said:

Here's a little something that might amuse you guys, something that Rob Abernathy suggested.  I figured people would say 'what, Campbell River, the salmon capital of the world and you did not model any salmon??".  Well, yes I did thanks to Rob. There are two reasonably authentic models where they should not be too hard to find if you look a bit and there is a moving school of herring near one of the fish models too.

Larry

Thanks Larry!  I found them, now I'm going to charge Karl's son guide fees. or maybe just charge Karl instead! :lol:

14 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Bye the bye my son is heading up to Campbell River fishing for a whole week.

OK, Karl, here are the fish as promised, now where are my guide fees? B):P

8AEKsyN.jpg

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 10:45 PM, flyingleaf said:

Well done Martyn. It wasn't kittens that guy was having when he saw you careening towards his Beaver:o:angry::unsure::lol:Bye the bye my son is heading up to Campbell River fishing for a whole week. And yes Larry did an incredible job. Cheers k:) 

Thanks Karl, looks like a great spot to go fishing.

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 12:39 AM, Wakashi said:

Great work on both sides, yours and Larry’s, great captions, great scenery, great shots and great big fish depicted in that last shot by Griselda!  Good job Martyn! :lol:

Many thanks Rodger, glad you enjoyed them!

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 2:22 AM, Stillwater said:

It took you some time to get there, but you made it perfectly. Griselda will be proud of your parking manouvre - I always stop these water planes by crashing with something...

Oh, I believe that.

Thanks Gerold, they are not the easiest of things to park are they and you are not able to bounce off the jetties either.

18 hours ago, Larry_R said:

A really nice set of shots Martyn! 

Larry

Thanks Larry, thanks for this wonderful scenery and for the info about the fish.

16 hours ago, Wakashi said:

Thanks Larry!  I found them, now I'm going to charge Karl's son guide fees. or maybe just charge Karl instead! :lol:

OK, Karl, here are the fish as promised, now where are my guide fees? B):P

8AEKsyN.jpg

Well done Roger, I hope you will leave some for the rest of us.

• 1 month later...

Archived