Why I love XP lighting

Adam Banks

I cannot believe what I see on my screen either, considering I haven't got a clue what I am doing!:blink::wacko::o:lol:

What a beautiful view with a famous Spitfire and coincidentally I have just finished re-reading Johnnie Johnson's book Wing Leader!

7 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

What a beautiful view with a famous Spitfire and coincidentally I have just finished re-reading Johnnie Johnson's book Wing Leader!

I think I've probably ploughed through every BoB book out there, but "Wing Leader" was probably my first - and is still one of my favourites. I may have to dig it out again ... if I can find it!!!

Adam.

4 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

Spitfire-TEGBS-01-1350.jpg?dl=1

Hard to believe this is from a sim!!! Flying Iron Spitfire MkIX over Kent - TEGB South.

Adam.

Nice pic. Is this out of the box or with shader tweakers ? One thing is sure though, LM dropped the ball on that issue in v4 ! 

2 hours ago, dominique said:

Nice pic. Is this out of the box or with shader tweakers ? One thing is sure though, LM dropped the ball on that issue in v4 ! 

Definitely some shader tweaks! I use Yuri's (payware) xVision then throw FlyAGI (freeware) at it - which gives me better haze control.

Adam.

I have to say that most of your screenshots have me drooling over the colors, shade, shadows & detail, making me start tweaking my Sim trying to emulate your shots, only to go back to where I started! :D

7 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Excellent composition - photoreal landscape & aircraft. Pilot looks very life like.

Who's Spit?

It's the Flying Iron (payware) one - with a great livery by amerrir. There's a pretty good freeware Spit out there for XP as well - which I'm sure I've posted up here before. You simply can't have enough Spits in your hangar!!

Thanks again for all the kind words, folks!

Adam.

4 hours ago, MZee1960 said:

Yes,  XP lighting is very nice,  except the VC's of many AC seem a bit on the darkish side during the daytime hours, with gauges harder to see.

It seems to vary depending on the developer -JF cockpits are often dark (even in P3D) - but that's maybe because they're military/black cockpits anyway.

PTA for P3D allows you to tune the VC independently, but xVisio/XP11 doesn't split the shadowing from all the other objects so if you brighten up the VC too much, all the exterior shadows look washed out. It's probably just the way XP draws its shadows :(. Using xVision, I find I can just about get a good balance.

Adam.

Archived