737 - Flight Simulator in Hotel Room

BradB

Something for the Sheraton hotel at Bradley (KBDL) to consider, since they were the home of Flightsimcom before it was upstaged by Flight Sim Expo.

Ken

(BTW, Expo sounds WONDERFUL, but no way am I going to Last Vegas or Orlando.  Windsor Locks was great for a weekend getaway, and enough nearby to keep the wife happy.  I know it would be expensive for the sponsors, but we need REGIONAL expos).

49 minutes ago, Ken Q said:

Something for the Sheraton hotel at Bradley (KBDL) to consider, since they were the home of Flightsimcom before it was upstaged by Flight Sim Expo.

Ken

(BTW, Expo sounds WONDERFUL, but no way am I going to Last Vegas or Orlando.  Windsor Locks was great for a weekend getaway, and enough nearby to keep the wife happy.  I know it would be expensive for the sponsors, but we need REGIONAL expos).

I would go back to Bradley anytime , much less hustle-bustle than Vegas and Orlando .

John

Glad to hear your input, John, and I quite agree with your perspective.  For me, it's a matter of travel, airplane rides (because of accident damage and age related arthritis, we don't do commercial air very well).  Bradley, for me, was a 45 minute drive, followed by an hour and a half ferry ride, followed by an hour drive.  Fun and convenient!  And it was a nice show: I made friends, and learned a lot!  Just a lot of fun,  and productive!  We all, wherever we live, need this kind of experience fairly close to home.  For me, I'll gladly, indeed enthusiastically, attend any show it southern New England, southern New York, New Jersey, or eastern Pennsylvania.

Ken

11 hours ago, Ken Q said:

Ken

I agree - Windsor Locks was great.  Really enjoyed me time there. I came from Winnipeg. Orlando, especially in the summer has zero interest for me as does Las Vegas....Also both were quite a bit more expensive than Windsor locks.That said, even in summer i would consider Wichita with it's aviation heritage.....that would be worth putting up with the heat.

Dave

Not my ex wife but a new relationship experience went like this.... we were in Best Buy and walked by the rudder pedals and she asked "what are those?". I explained and she replied "you would have to be a real geek to have those!" And I said "well... actually...."  And she turned as red as an Orbx sunset. True story! LOL

Sadly the room rate says that it is separated from the room with perspex.  You can only fly by booking the sessions in the day.

Definition of frustration.....a perspex panel barrier to the cockpit.

Archived