Back to New Guinea

Jack Sawyer

2 minutes ago, lifejogger said:

Great flight and shots Jack!!!!!!  Beautiful scenery too!!!!!!

Thanks John.  I think I might, time permitting, go back and forth with the sims, fly P3D one day and the next flight XP.  Both good and both needing work but it’s all good.

11 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

Great set Jack, & a great place to fly.

Ken & Tim did a great job there.

What version of P3D are you on?

TTM

Thanks TTM.  I'm still using 4.4 because I don't really feel like spending weeks reinstalling everything and worse, updating the GTN 750 which is always a huge hassle.

12 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks TTM.  I'm still using 4.4 because I don't really feel like spending weeks reinstalling everything and worse, updating the GTN 750 which is always a huge hassle.

I'm sitting on 4.3.

Waiting for 4.5 to stabilize.

Do you think it was worth going to 4.4? ie, were there noticeable benefits over 4.3??

TTM

3 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

I'm sitting on 4.3.

Waiting for 4.5 to stabilize.

Do you think it was worth going to 4.4? ie, were there noticeable benefits over 4.3??

TTM

I haven't seen any difference to be honest and the only reason I did it was because coincidental with the 4.4 release a certain aircraft company who will remain nameless, their plane messed up P3D so badly that it even took out Windows 10.  So I had to do for the first time ever, a 100% complete install of everything from Windows all the way up.

21 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I haven't seen any difference to be honest and the only reason I did it was because coincidental with the 4.4 release a certain aircraft company who will remain nameless, their plane messed up P3D so badly that it even took out Windows 10.  So I had to do for the first time ever, a 100% complete install of everything from Windows all the way up.

I'll wait:)

TTM

1 hour ago, carlosqr said:

This is a must have indeed. Can you believe it was of the latest I bought?

It also impressed me and pleased me a lot

Great shots my friend

Thanks Carlos!  It’s an amazing area with a lot to explore in all kinds of weather.

8 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Magic shots Jack, reminded me I haven't been there in quite a while, miss the scenery and the tricky bush strips, keep me on my toes.:smile:

Don 

Thanks Don, I love how lush and green the foliage is there.

Excellent set mate!  I flew that route quite a few times in RL in the 1960s/70s and the scenery never fails to capture me entirely it is so realistic - both Woitape and Jacksons are much larger and busier than in my times but you'd expect that after half a century :lol:

2 hours ago, TerribleT said:

Excellent set mate!  I flew that route quite a few times in RL in the 1960s/70s and the scenery never fails to capture me entirely it is so realistic - both Woitape and Jacksons are much larger and busier than in my times but you'd expect that after half a century :lol:

Thanks T!  You actually flew these dangerous routes? That’s extremely cool!  I’d love to see a book about your experiences.  

Archived