push back

wombat

Or we could be a “community” and help.

There seems to be a terrible company line on the Orbx forums, between Orbx wanting a help forum just for Orbx products and also wanting a community.

Obviously a community where people come back to visit and help others with a variety of issues will help sell Orbx products.

I left these forums for a couple of months because I got fed up of seeing unhelpful comments like the above, but I like the community members so I came back.

I hope that someone helps you here Wombat, I don’t have the answer for you as I’m an xplane user, someone more useful will be along shortly.

Hello,

thank you for your input.

How to activate a pushback is one of the basic functions of the simulator and nothing

at all to do with the purchase, installation or use of the Orbx products.

On that basis, I decided that the best thing to do is to refer the customer to the source

of all the answers to the basic questions, working on the assumption that there may well

be many more.

If you think that referring someone to a user manual of a product that is new to them is

unhelpful, then I disagree with you.

For the record, the command is Shift + P to start and stop the pushback, as it has been since

Fs 2002 and probably before that.

Thanks Nick, I did look there first and could not find what I was looking for I also did some searches on the forum, perhaps I used the incorrect words in my searches.

Just saw your last post Nick, thanks

Or we could be a “community” and help.

Particuarly when we know the answer. We could then also help and refer the person to the manual as was the case.

Maybe ive woken on the wrong side of bed again.

I feel I need to explain myself, I have been around flight sims since the VOZ days and perhaps I should have known the answer to my question but I have in the past been flying small aircraft ony recently got into the 737 and discovered the SODE with the airbridges and was trying to remember the push back keys, as I said before I did try searching but could not find what I wanted, thank you Nick for your help.

Thanks again.

"Help" takes many forms and sometimes just a simple answer is enough and sometimes it is not enough.

The P3D learning centre is a valuable resource and one that I am not ashamed of using or recommending.

It even has a search function:

1.jpg

8 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

there is another useful way to refresh the memory that I often use.

3.jpg

another thing I have learned today, thanks again Nick, problem is remembering at my age lol

55 minutes ago, donbrindles said:

What a load of fuss about a simple question. My response would have been "Shift+P"

Don

Glad you said that......I was just about to.  :rollmyeyes:

On the other hand....I think answering questions all day would make me a little snippy at times, too.

He does a great job and is entitled to a rare snip.

By the way....reading this thread through, I picked up a few tidbits, too....never even noticed the search function in the key assignments.

My list of things I never even noticed grows every day...…….:banghead:

I'm sorry but I feel I have to put my 2c worth here.

I have been flight simming since FS95 and I can say without any shadow of a doubt that this forum is the most helpful community based forum on the net. Not only has Nick helped me nearly every time I have reached out but others also. I honestly cannot remember a time (and there has been quite a few) where I haven't been able to move forward after getting stuck or need advice re simming. This is when I had FSX and now P3dV4. 

Peace

My 2c worth as well.  This forum is for ORBX related stuff.  Requests for information about non-ORBX stuff really don't belong here.  Often the forum members will aid the errant poster and that is fine up to a point, but the ORBX forums should not be considered as a general FS forum.

As the forum grows it's getting harder and harder to wade though the hundreds of daily posts looking for relevance and it will only get worse.  Nick was right to point out that a little more diligent searching would have and should have turned up the answer in about the same time as it took to write the original post.

I can't believe this thread. Nick gave the answer in post #4. What more could one ask for? RTFM? Of course. But all of us have had a similar question at one time or another. IMNSO this whole discussion is, as The Bard said, much to do about nothing..................

2 hours ago, Triplane said:

I can't believe this thread. Nick gave the answer in post #4. What more could one ask for? RTFM? Of course. But all of us have had a similar question at one time or another. IMNSO this whole discussion is, as The Bard said, much to do about nothing..................

Despite your opinion, it has turned into a topic of some value to any P3D user instead of the answer to one very narrow question.

Sometimes it is better to let a topic run and see where it goes than to slam the door shut, as you suggest.

Archived