hziGzsp.jpg

ir5tyTE.jpg

Came back around for an inspection.

UTw4PYe.jpg

qe7cEF1.jpg

Now off to Boise, I miss it so much.

EYm0BSI.jpg

bUuYiTy.jpg

I used to ride my motorcycle and go fishing and camping here.

lTcQkO2.jpg

F3ehg9n.jpg

Land of the alleged "Bigfoot"

f2ieeWL.jpg

Used to water ski in this river.

gXi579j.jpg

F6SnNQ7.jpg

Coming into the city area, it's exactly like this.

g0REQ70.jpg

I used to live near the State House.  Below you can see the Boise River, and a 13 mile bike trail I'd ride on every day.

hA6DUDh.jpg

Used to work here, miss it a lot.

BHYIe0L.jpg

This is what happens when you have no rudder pedals. :( 

4 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

Enjoying investigating this area.

Flew Boise to KSUN autopilot & misjudged mountain height, collected one at 8,100'.

Lesson learned.

TTM

Ouch, that’s gonna leave a mark.  Some of them are pretty high.  I was at 10K feet.

11 minutes ago, flsm (Frank) said:

Hey, Jack, think I spotted you under a tree!  Nice series of shots.  Interesting landscape.  What work did you do there?  Cheers.

Thanks Frank.  

Weight & balance

Pushing out 737’s &727’s

Deicing them 

Cleaning the jets

Loading them

Ticket agent

Gate agent

Freight agent 

We wore many hats because it was a small station

So that's where all those "Jack was here" carvings came from. :) Nice shots of a well-remembered place. Not to rub salt, Jack, but Boise was recently voted one of the best cities for living in America. Of course, Atlanta makes most of those same lists, so I guess you haven't done too bad for yourself.

3 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots Jack. Love Boise too. Beautiful walkways along the river right into down town. Just wished the weather you selected was "real":angry: for us here. We got a 12" plus dump on us here in Langley. Ugh:'(

Yeah, that’s a beautiful place.  It’s a beautiful place, everything is there and the sidewalk vendors at night near the college are awesome too.

I’ll have to do a real time flight next to see the snow.  We got a little rain today and a tornado warning but it quickly moved away.  75 F today, slim chance for snow this year.  I’m hoping though.

1 hour ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

So that's where all those "Jack was here" carvings came from. :) Nice shots of a well-remembered place. Not to rub salt, Jack, but Boise was recently voted one of the best cities for living in America. Of course, Atlanta makes most of those same lists, so I guess you haven't done too bad for yourself.

Thanks Rodger, yeah I read that which made me miss it even more.  Maybe if I get the money I’ll be back.

2 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

A fantastic flight Jack over some wonderful country.

An excellent narration and interesting to hear about the places you frequented in those days.

Tell me though, you had to leave Boise because you had no rudder pedals!:wacko::unsure::o:rolleyes:

Thanks Martyn.  :lol: Got them back today and working perfectly, if I only had the time, ain’t it always the way?

I had to leave that fine place for work.  Wish I could have stayed.

11 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Martyn.  :lol: Got them back today and working perfectly, if I only had the time, ain’t it always the way?

I had to leave that fine place for work.  Wish I could have stayed.

Great to hear you have got your pedals back again!:)

Looking at some of the places I have lived in, I am glad I moved on!:o

Very good pictures my friend. It sure has to be beautiful there, judging from the pictures and from your stories.

12 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Land of the alleged "Bigfoot"

:D That's interesting. You as someone having lived there in the Bigfoot area, what do you say? Could there be a big ape out there? :ph34r:

Just now, Captain Lars said:

Very good pictures my friend. It sure has to be beautiful there, judging from the pictures and from your stories.

:D That's interesting. You as someone having lived there in the Bigfoot area, what do you say? Could there be a big ape out there? :ph34r:

Thanks Lars!  It’s like a hidden gem.  Not a lot of people live there for the size of the state.  And yes, I believe the stories, too many doctors, lawyers, forest service people and other professionals have some very credible stories.  It’s big and empty enough there that’s for sure.  They even have to this day Vietnam bets living there unseen by the public and living off the land.  They live in caves and lean to’s.

4 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Frank.  

Weight & balance

Pushing out 737’s &727’s

Deicing them 

Cleaning the jets

Loading them

Ticket agent

Gate agent

Freight agent 

We wore many hats because it was a small station

I was an airport ground facilities engineer, mainly airport lighting and power supplies.  I bet we both loved working around airports and look back with fond, very fond, memories!  Cheers.

5 minutes ago, flsm (Frank) said:

I was an airport ground facilities engineer, mainly airport lighting and power supplies.  I bet we both loved working around airports and look back with fond, very fond, memories!  Cheers.

Fond ain't the word Frank!  Wasn't it the most epic thing to be on the flight line where most people cannot go?  Good gravy I miss it so much!

10 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Lars!  It’s like a hidden gem.  Not a lot of people live there for the size of the state.  And yes, I believe the stories, too many doctors, lawyers, forest service people and other professionals have some very credible stories.  It’s big and empty enough there that’s for sure.  They even have to this day Vietnam bets living there unseen by the public and living off the land.  They live in caves and lean to’s.

That's thrilling and weird at the same time, and cool... I remember having seen a documentary where people went into the wood in search for bigfoot, and beat a tree trunk with a club at night, and some seconds later they say someone answered in the same way... that was spooky for sure. And the story with the Vietnam veterans living there in caves isn't dull either! So basically you can run into a big hairy ape or into John Rambo there. :D:D

Just now, Captain Lars said:

That's thrilling and weird at the same time, and cool... I remember having seen a documentary where people went into the wood in search for bigfoot, and beat a tree trunk with a club at night, and some seconds later they say someone answered in the same way... that was spooky for sure. And the story with the Vietnam veterans living there in caves isn't dull either! So basically you can run into a big hairy ape or into John Rambo there. :D:D

We live in a strange world, that's for sure.  Idaho is huge with very few people.  I remember driving my motorcycle for miles and miles and being nothing but trees.  And I used to love visiting real, actual, old ghost towns.  Now that was fun.

2 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

We live in a strange world, that's for sure.  Idaho is huge with very few people.  I remember driving my motorcycle for miles and miles and being nothing but trees.  And I used to love visiting real, actual, old ghost towns.  Now that was fun.

That sounds great. I hope you can find the means to move back to your favourite place!

Archived