Ever have such a beautiful flight that...

Jack Sawyer

You want to post 100 screens?

Well, here's 22.

This is from KGPI, Glacier Park to KDDA, Idaho Falls.  Flew what all approiate SID's and STAR's.

I just flew it but set it to last August and with AS4 it has historical weather so this was the actual weather on that day.

Could have done an autoland but I disconnected and hand landed it.  What a cool and beautiful flight this was!

pWk32a0.jpg

TiqAzSf.jpg

O0ooDMT.jpg

wQYkzeh.jpg

Otl5MXj.jpg

c7xcFpy.jpg

fTyAZDR.jpg

k5i8HRX.jpg

RaOduxF.jpg

lLvxbsK.jpg

IZbrRf2.jpg

YBK4ySH.jpg

WleFfiW.jpg

The SID called for overflying the airport.

6EWXiSt.jpg

On final

FZTh2Im.jpg

gtT9Fyo.jpg

BCkYWxW.jpg

MikAloT.jpg

3FKzDww.jpg

bRXXr0n.jpg

Despite having SODE installed this gate didn't work.

YH1TOUb.jpg

Wow !  Fabulous shots, Jack !  Very sharp, clear and lush !  

I recently loaded up a F-4, set the season to  'summer' , and flew around the Nantucket region and into Martha's Vineyard (eventually) ......... decided on the more scenic route as everything was so lush and green.  Lots of Orbx eye candy to be had in the summer months, that's for sure, lol !  :)  

14 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

I know what you mean Jack and I can see it your pics. :) A very beautiful flight full of wonderful views. Crisp indeed and so full of detail. Glad you decided to hand land! 

Thanks Lars, it helps a lot to be flying over a very nice Orbx region.  Yeah, I could have done and autoland but decided to land it by hand.  I think most of them in the future will be hand landings.

13 hours ago, BradB said:

Never in my wildest dreams would I ever post 100 shots at one time , that is my yearly quota ..........:blink::o:lol:

Cheers

John

PS - Jack you are a screen shot taking machine my friend . :):)

Thanks John.  It's not unusual to take 100 shots in a flight then struggle to find the ones I want to post and then delete the rest.

13 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

NIce, Jack. I liked the flight but also spent some pleasurable time going over the ramp shots at the start. Thanks!

Thanks Rodger, I did the same, I like all the detail at these Orbx airports, there's a lot of cool stuff to see, in any season actually.

6 hours ago, MZee1960 said:

Wow !  Fabulous shots, Jack !  Very sharp, clear and lush !  

I recently loaded up a F-4, set the season to  'summer' , and flew around the Nantucket region and into Martha's Vineyard (eventually) ......... decided on the more scenic route as everything was so lush and green.  Lots of Orbx eye candy to be had in the summer months, that's for sure, lol !  :)  

Thanks MZ!  That's also a wonderfully detailed area too, I love that route because I used to live in New England.  And, it's where I flew a lot of flights way back when in the very old sims.  Always to Martha's Vineyard practicing VOR navigation.

2 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Isn´t it great when a flight works & looks so well? We have come a good way... as you did with your flying skills.

Thanks Gerold, I think once someone understands how to program the FMS everything else is easy.  And with the Boeing jets it all translates pretty well from jet to jet.

Archived