Test flight of the new -8

Jack Sawyer

9 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Jack, gotta ask--is there anywhere you would not attempt in a 747????:)

Not really Rodger, I've been making quite a lot of "normal" flights with a friend who is an instructor in the UK.  We use FaceTime and I get to learn a lot.  I do this kind of stuff because I'm kind of dopey and like to make people laugh, and it's the beta tester in me, I like to do unorthodox things sometimes just to see if I can.

9 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Lol Jack once again well done. I'm sure Donald's hair would stand straight up:lol::D

Thanks Karl, I wasn't thinking of any president when I did this, I just like the livery.  I have a lot of respect for the guys who maintain these jets being in the Air Force and all.  They're the cream of the crop in my opinion.

7 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

A beautiful looking plane Jack and some more amazing flying.

I cant mention unohoo or I might get your post pulled.:ph34r::ph34r::lol::rolleyes:

Thanks Martyn.  Boeing did a marvelous job on the -8.  It's called the -8 because they used a lot of 787 technology in it and PMDG did a wonderful job on it.  I love the avionics in it, it really is amazing.

7 hours ago, BradB said:

Wow Jack you have out did yourself with this post , is that the new PDMG 747 ? . Anyway a little video entertainment for you my friend :

Thanks John!  Yes, PMDG, just released.  Never even heard of this movie till you posted this video.

2 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Great sharp shots, Jack, and congrats for your successful test flight.

Some problems would become smaller if the AF1 stays in the air and out of the reach of internet for years, just keep her going.

Thanks Gerold, um, I don't really want to talk politics, it's not allowed, no offense my friend.

58 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

That was quick!:)

Nice set.

I am waiting for the dust to settle at PMDG.

What P3D are you on?

I read conflicting info - you need P3D v3.4, then download a 747-400 update 1st, [that will only run on v4.3], then download the 747-8.

Others said not so.

What did you find?

TTM

I've been waiting for this for a long time TTM.

I made a post at their site which explains how I installed it.  From start to finish, maybe 15 minutes.

You absolutely must have 4.3.

Go there and read my tank you post, I explain exact steps, simple to install.

16 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I've been waiting for this for a long time TTM.

I made a post at their site which explains how I installed it.  From start to finish, maybe 15 minutes.

You absolutely must have 4.3.

Go there and read my tank you post, I explain exact steps, simple to install.

4.3 not 3.4! Yes???

Too early in the morning.

TTM

Just now, TigerTigerM said:

4.3 not 3.4! Yes???

Too early in the morning.

TTM

Right, and I can see their point.  I liked FSX in that it never need upgrading but the downside was 32 bit. But with LM and their updates I can understand devs only supporting the latest iteration.  I like to scan the forums after a new update and like you wait tlil the dust settles and everything I own has been updated and tested.  Thank goodness we do NOT have these problems with Orbx.  THIS forum is THE place to go for 99% of my information.

8 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

Very cool shots, Jack. I heard "the Donald" would like his AF1 with a bit of red.

Thanks Lars.  I can’t wait to see the new AF1, it’s such a cool plane.  I’ve only seen the real one from a distance years ago. I love the 787 type avionics in it too.

4 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Lars.  I can’t wait to see the new AF1, it’s such a cool plane.  I’ve only seen the real one from a distance years ago. I love the 787 type avionics in it too.

Does it have different avionics than the regular ones? Well, seems logical...

I think one of the best things of being a head of state flying "your own" because military aircraft is that you're exempt from the sealed cockpit rule and can enter the jumpseat whenever you're fed up of the journalists and the entourage in the back. :P

12 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

Does it have different avionics than the regular ones? Well, seems logical...

I think one of the best things of being a head of state flying "your own" because military aircraft is that you're exempt from the sealed cockpit rule and can enter the jumpseat whenever you're fed up of the journalists and the entourage in the back. :P

Yes, Boeing named it the -8 in a nod to the 787.  As for sitting in the cockpit if it, I don’t know what the rules are even for a president.  No idea.

Archived