LFLJ for JMBII

Jack Sawyer

42 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

You have been fooled by the sim, as the real Courchevel has a Lukla-esque downslope. ;)

Thanks Lars, I never knew that.  I can only imagine how terrifying it would be to land here.  I’d only feel safe in a helicopter 

7 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Great try Jack, maybe if you had RR motors it might have lifted off.;)

Have you tried a strong wind down the runway for some extra lift?:huh:

Good thoughts Martyn!  And if I had high enough headwinds I could do it.  It's now on my to do list. ^_^

7 hours ago, macca22au said:

Jack it was a noble effort, but you wouldn’t get a Nobel Prize for it. No wonder you are grounded as they surely pulled your ticket.

Ain’t our Sim great, you can try anything and worry nobody. Onya. 

It is great Ian, I love it.  But they encouraged me to do this so they actually gave me an award.  Maybe not a Nobel, more like a trophy for derring do :D

You as single pilot/passenger and the whole interiour and all fueltanks(except one for the kerosine) filled with helium, only then a lift-off is possible from this short runway.

As you know helium used to fill balloons is lighter than the surrounding air...but if there is a short leak to the cockpit, you're voice over the radio will sound very weird.... :D

50 minutes ago, ikbenik said:

You as single pilot/passenger and the whole interiour and all fueltanks(except one for the kerosine) filled with helium, only then a lift-off is possible from this short runway.

As you know helium used to fill balloons is lighter than the surrounding air...but if there is a short leak to the cockpit, you're voice over the radio will sound very weird.... :D

That's funny, yep, I'd sound like Donald Duck, I never did it but I people who have done it in front of me and it was hilarious.  I thought it was dangerous.

Great try, Jack ! Too bad there isn't scenery available with the sloped runway. With that and a 747SP you would most likely make it.

Did you look at any of the videos of landing and take-offs there ?  Gonna try the one in Nepal ? :blink:

1 hour ago, JMBIII said:

Great try, Jack ! Too bad there isn't scenery available with the sloped runway. With that and a 747SP you would most likely make it.

Did you look at any of the videos of landing and take-offs there ?  Gonna try the one in Nepal ? :blink:

Thanks JM!  I did look at that video, yes, and it sealed it for me to never ever fly in or out of those places unless I was in a chopper!  Wow!

I don't think I'll try the one in Nepal, just too short for the 747.  I mean I could do like Martyn suggested and crank up the headwinds.

5 hours ago, paulb said:

LOL! I hope that you had crash detection off Jack! ;):D

Yeah, it's always off, I find it to be less than useless as many times there are invisible walls that you can't even see and it ruins a great flight.  I wonder if LM will ever get around to fixing it?

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 2:32 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

Yeah, it's always off, I find it to be less than useless as many times there are invisible walls that you can't even see and it ruins a great flight.  I wonder if LM will ever get around to fixing it?

I agree Jack. Anyway, I know when I have crashed! :wacko::D

4 hours ago, Wakashi said:

Jack, you Sir have obviously discovered the art of levitation in order to get that monster off the ground in the amount of runway you had available!  Magic or not that is a great takeoff and climb out underway! :lol:

Thanks Roger!  I’m glad you liked it.  Very glad you liked it. ;) 

Archived