Love is a burning thing

Stillwater

Getting my kicks at gate...

Dy3r7qf.jpg

I love these details of plane, airport and scenery.

yZlx4w4.jpg

Here we go. With p3d being hicced up and showing the AI traffic labels...

7VpY647.jpg

The streets of San Francisco.

iYAP8Hi.jpg

Clear Lake ahead, ...

J6DI3Jm.jpg

... Trinity Lake, ...

FJsyjIT.jpg

... and Mt. Shasta.

cBW08mc.jpg

aC00Wff.jpg

"And it burns burns burns - the ring of fire"...

RMJGKoU.jpg

Portland.

iHGI068.jpg

Mt. Rainier, Mt. St. Helens, Columbia River.

mknKLG1.jpg

F3XvTBO.jpg

Finally into Seattle. Do you remember this from the old 32 bit sim days with a heavy bird?

zazg3d8.jpg

7G9Yg2M.jpg

0Qx2uj7.jpg

Full brakes, we don´t want to waste time on the way to the terminal.

FLytrx3.jpg

Thanks for flying with United again.

lnLGjl8.jpg

You are cordially invited into the United Polaris Lounge... .

fUTTdUi.jpg

Thank you for posting this beautiful voyage with a very attractive airliner. I admit I don't get the reference with the burning ring of fire... I know it's from a song by Johnny Cash, but where's the fire in your screenshot?

Edit: Hey, I have 777 likes... That must be an omen!

What an excellent set Gerold, some glorious scenery on your Journey.

I like the image looking down the wing on landing.

I was very disappointed though, as I was expecting to see a UA 787 at the gate in one of your RL photos!

2 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Quite the gorgeous bunch of shots! What a fantastic approach over mountains...

Thank you Bermuda. The PNW region pack still is one of the most exciting...

2 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain!

1 hour ago, Captain Lars said:

Thank you for posting this beautiful voyage with a very attractive airliner. I admit I don't get the reference with the burning ring of fire... I know it's from a song by Johnny Cash, but where's the fire in your screenshot?

Edit: Hey, I have 777 likes... That must be an omen!

Here is the reference for you, Lars: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_of_Fire

Indeed the 787 is a beauty. And very handsome as well!

PS: Congrats to your like number - just a short time occasion I am sure.

1 hour ago, oldboy43 said:

Very nice shots, thank you.

Cheers

Karoly

Thank you Karoly!

56 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

What an excellent set Gerold, some glorious scenery on your Journey.

I like the image looking down the wing on landing.

I was very disappointed though, as I was expecting to see a UA 787 at the gate in one of your RL photos!

Sorry to disappoint you in so many ways Martyn. Not even some red spots in my flight report! I am hurrying from one recently purchased scenery to the next, so I could not consider the lack of real life evidence in these flight plans. But I have an idea where to go in the flight after the next!

2 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Here is the reference for you, Lars: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_of_Fire

Indeed the 787 is a beauty. And very handsome as well!

PS: Congrats to your like number - just a short time occasion I am sure.

Ahhh... I see. The Pacific Ring of Fire is not readily accessible in my brain, it seems. But a Johnny Cash song is... And Johnny Cash is not my age group. But it's quality!

Yes my like count has already left the magic spot, but I took a screenshot, just to be sure!

10 hours ago, olderndirt said:

Still can't get used to "United" with the "Continental" logo on the tail.  Your #16 really illustrates the curve of the Dreamliner wing.

Same here OND!

Awesome shots Gerold, I love the wing tip shot, that sweep is amazing.

19 hours ago, Tim K said:

Great shots! And yes, I remember trying to get into heavy airports like KSEA without getting an OOM :wacko: Glad those days are over!

Thanks Tim. In those days (I mean 2017) it was not possible with my computer to land such a plane in the simmed KSEA with any trace of AI traffic. Not to mention the add-on cityscape & airport...

17 hours ago, Wakashi said:

Very interesting and enjoyable flight Captain Gerold!  Thanks for keeping us informed as to our location along the way, especially around the Ring of Fire area! :D

Thank you Wakashi. I have been virtually flying along the volcanoes many times, and I can´t get Jonny Cash out of my head.

17 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Ahhh... I see. The Pacific Ring of Fire is not readily accessible in my brain, it seems. But a Johnny Cash song is... And Johnny Cash is not my age group. But it's quality!

Yes my like count has already left the magic spot, but I took a screenshot, just to be sure!

There you see the geography lessons substituted by our fantastic forum, Lars. And the music lessons, too.

Good that you took that magic screenie, you had 777 likes and you like the 777 as well.

13 hours ago, olderndirt said:

Still can't get used to "United" with the "Continental" logo on the tail.  Your #16 really illustrates the curve of the Dreamliner wing.

At least they still use a common brand, mostly. Our German airline tries to milk passengers and crew by rebranding, outsourcing and downgrading all their planes.

13 hours ago, macca22au said:

Cool, really cool.

Thank you Ian!

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Awesome shots Gerold, I love the wing tip shot, that sweep is amazing.

By chance, Jack, the purpose of the picture was reverser and spoilers...

I thought you like the lounge shot, and would be asking for the buffet :D?

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

Thanks Tim. In those days (I mean 2017) it was not possible with my computer to land such a plane in the simmed KSEA with any trace of AI traffic. Not to mention the add-on cityscape & airport...

Thank you Wakashi. I have been virtually flying along the volcanoes many times, and I can´t get Jonny Cash out of my head.

There you see the geography lessons substituted by our fantastic forum, Lars. And the music lessons, too.

Good that you took that magic screenie, you had 777 likes and you like the 777 as well.

At least they still use a common brand, mostly. Our German airline tries to milk passengers and crew by rebranding, outsourcing and downgrading all their planes.

Thank you Ian!

By chance, Jack, the purpose of the picture was reverser and spoilers...

I thought you like the lounge shot, and would be asking for the buffet :D?

Only if they served shark haggis!  Yum! :) 

3 hours ago, Stillwater said:

In those days (I mean 2017) it was not possible with my computer to land such a plane in the simmed KSEA with any trace of AI traffic. Not to mention the add-on cityscape & airport...

True, true... P3dv4 was a day 1 purchase for me for that reason alone! I couldn't wait to fly into Orbx's PNW to KSEA with detailed scenery and not worry about the sim dying on me. It has been a glorious year in flight simming

20 hours ago, Tim K said:

True, true... P3dv4 was a day 1 purchase for me for that reason alone! I couldn't wait to fly into Orbx's PNW to KSEA with detailed scenery and not worry about the sim dying on me. It has been a glorious year in flight simming

Agreed... though I never make day 1 purchases... :rollmyeyes:

14 hours ago, adambar said:

Now you have that song planted in my head Gerold :D  Anyway, enjoyed the flight and captures my friend! :)

"And it burns burns burns - the ring of fire" :(:D

Sorry, Adam. :D

14 hours ago, macca22au said:

Did you here about the bloke who mixed his toothpaste with his hemorrhoid cream:   he had a ring of confidence and shrunken gums. 

I am not sure if this was what Johny Cash meant >:D.

Aaah, flying the friendly skies!! Very well done, Gerold. I too don't like the Continental logo on the tail. But maybe I'm just too old, because I still remember my flights with PanAm from Frankfurt to LA. I agree with you re our German flagcarrier, but as long as Singapore Airlines is still around, I really don't care :)

57 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

Aaah, flying the friendly skies!! Very well done, Gerold. I too don't like the Continental logo on the tail. But maybe I'm just too old, because I still remember my flights with PanAm from Frankfurt to LA. I agree with you re our German flagcarrier, but as long as Singapore Airlines is still around, I really don't care :)

Good to read we have a common understanding regading LH and the lovely SQ.

I have never flown PanAm or Continental, so the United mixup doesn´t bother me too much (it is more the senior´s club they hire as cabin crews, not fair they should allow them to retire after 50 years of service).

Archived