And the tests continue

Jack Sawyer

In my continuing flights from Orbx to Orbx airports I made this 737 flight from Monterey to Tahoe.

It was a success until I shut down and tried to open the doors.

Even on a brand new powerful PC P3D stopped working.  Total disappointment.

But it was beautiful flying to and from these airports.  And as always, sorry for so many. :unsure:

yvtHP7j.jpg

vpDAtCn.jpg

dHSLTjs.jpg

AcQKhbx.jpg

ZoOT6Mt.jpg

myhPwQh.jpg

DsiLvd2.jpg

ni8AhvZ.jpg

8Di5uX8.jpg

7qfGWiz.jpg

KtsSIkj.jpg

xlAAOZC.jpg

BpxxurL.jpg

BLDGdbe.jpg

5XotQDh.jpg

Od1qoKW.jpg

V5Qg2I9.jpg

D5CjHUA.jpg

luANTdC.jpg

vxRcR9n.jpg

m32MVwZ.jpg

I can see why your rig crashed Jack , it takes a lot of effort to open AC doors . I mean I watch those young little Stews struggle with them every time I fly  . :huh::rolleyes::lol:

Cheers

John

4 minutes ago, BradB said:

I can see why your rig crashed Jack , it takes a lot of effort to open AC doors . I mean I watch those young little Stews struggle with them every time I fly  . :huh::rolleyes::lol:

Cheers

John

Thanks John, I needed a laugh 

I've done that flight in RL Jack. Maybe 7-8 times. But (there is always one of those) I did mine in a C172.  You're right about the scenery...it's absolutely the best. The good news is that I was able to do that many years ago (and the doors opened)...the bad news is that I now live in Florida with a medical issue and will never be able to experience that again. Thanks for the memories..........Doug

10 minutes ago, Triplane said:

I've done that flight in RL Jack. Maybe 7-8 times. But (there is always one of those) I did mine in a C172.  You're right about the scenery...it's absolutely the best. The good news is that I was able to do that many years ago (and the doors opened)...the bad news is that I now live in Florida with a medical issue and will never be able to experience that again. Thanks for the memories..........Doug

Thanks Doug, it is great.  And what a wonderful flight you must have had.  Sad to hear about the medical issues, looks like we're in the same boat sadly.

1 minute ago, Sundancer said:

Beautiful flight Jack.

It must be wonderful to fly on such a wide screen.

I like the go around procedure in #14, very sharp steep turn to the right, due to terrain.

Thanks Fred!  It is, there's a lot of real estate on a 50" monitor.  And yeah, it was a nice go-around and then manual landing.  Tahoe is so nice in the sim!

2 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Doug, it is great.  And what a wonderful flight you must have had.  Sad to hear about the medical issues, looks like we're in the same boat sadly.

The day my doc told me my flying days were over was, indeed, a sad one. But then I began to realize how lucky I've been to have flown at all. When I think about all the folks who have never slipped the surly bonds of earth I realize just how good my life has been. I got my ticket at KMRY (Del Monte Aviation) almost 60 years ago. Back then Cessna has a PPL course that guaranteed a license or your money back. The cost?.....USD$600. Life in those days was good..........Doug

8 minutes ago, Triplane said:

The day my doc told me my flying days were over was, indeed, a sad one. But then I began to realize how lucky I've been to have flown at all. When I think about all the folks who have never slipped the surly bonds of earth I realize just how good my life has been. I got my ticket at KMRY (Del Monte Aviation) almost 60 years ago. Back then Cessna has a PPL course that guaranteed a license or your money back. The cost?.....USD$600. Life in those days was good..........Doug

If I told you all the licenses and money I've lost you would cry.  I'm not gonna go into it here but it's been terrible.  I don't know how I maintain a sense of humor.

I'm sorry to hear this Doug.

Just now, Tim K said:

Gorgeous shots Jack! I love them all but 4th from the end is my favorite! Looks so real!

Thanks Tim, I've started doing that lately for that very reason, they look like actual photos, maybe they are for all I know.  But it is cool. 

1 hour ago, masterofnone said:

Beautiful images! I live about 1/2 a mile (as the crow flies) from KMRY and they really nailed it with this scenery. Impressed with the attention to detail, even with the inclusion of Monterey Tides Hotel and Embassy Suites (photo #6)!

Thank you!  That must be nice living so close, it's a beautiful area and I'll bet the weather is perfect too!

42 minutes ago, Bruce R said:

I'm used to New Zealand and Australian scenery, but it was great to see a patch of good old US of A scenery.  Great pics.

Bruce R 

Thanks Bruce!  I have a long way to go before I'm back in Orbx's NZ or AUS.  But I'll get there....

Archived